Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I have a buddy of mine living with me (we are both 32) and his girlfriend who is younger (24) moved in with us recently and she is a loving useless human being.

She spends 80% of her days off from work completely silent on either Facebook or Instagram looking at other peoples posts usually with the TV on in the background to "watch" something , she get's angry if she's hungry but won't do anything about it, she cries at literally any slight adversity, she lives for going out and hanging around with people who she doesn't like at the weekend, she loving wrecks the kitchen any time she tries to make the simplest of food and then just walks away from her mess and expects boyfriend guy to clean up, she's managed to break like 4 major things in the house in the 3 months she's been here and she comes home from her 6 hour 5 days a weeks job (teacher) exhausted and useless.

Millennials are a complete waste of space and will all have mid life crises at the age of 29.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

yeah it's def bc she's a millenial not bc she's a 24 year old dating/living with a 32 year old

All her friends i've encountered are literally the exact same person as she is.

They can't handle not being the center of attention at all times.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ratjaculation posted:

But 32 / 2 + 7 = 23.

Yeah, she's ancient as gently caress.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Phlegmish posted:

why do midget women always want giant tall guys

I have a friend who is about 4foot10 and she likes tall guys a lot because they usually have bigger dicks which are apparently a great thing coupled with her tiny-ness.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Snatch Duster posted:

Anyone that body mods themselves more than once or twice is loving weirdo with probably body dismorphia syndrome.

It's not "body modification". It's getting stupid loving piercings and tattoos like a stupid loving rear end in a top hat.

Stop trying to come up with a "term" for your idiocy.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Marta Velasquez posted:

Tattooing and piercing has been done for centuries.

The term "body modification" has been around since at least 1996, coined by a man born in 1941. It was the subtitle of the second edition of his 1987 book.

They may look like assholes, but you're blaming the wrong generation.

Whoever came up with it is a colossal retard rear end in a top hat anyway.

You aren't connecting with ancient cultures or whatever by scribbling garbage on your skin or putting stupid loving holes in yourself. They looked like poo poo and you look like poo poo.

These people were dumb assholes and you are continuing their tradition of being dumb assholes.

Well done, moron.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

Who worked tirelessly long miserable hours to cut all corners and outsource all possible employment overseas to try desperately to afford the adjustable rate mortgage on their poorly built overblown McMansion that fully 1/3rd of them lost leaving children and grandchildren (and don't forget step children 50% divorce rate) with nothing

Yes let me run right out and buy a house with that job I don't have

"Huuuuu-wahhhhhhhh, doing things in life is hard :( Suppose i'll just back some more Kickstarters for Zombie Bacon Retro Cardgames until my dream job as a small batch IPA reviewer falls into my lap. I deserve my dream job because i was raised believing everyone gets to always win or otherwise it isn't fair"

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

Raised to believe this by the same parents whose generation ruined the middle class job market to buy houses they couldn't afford which caused the housing bubble from which we are all still recovering in a big double EFF UUU the young are genuinely hurt by yes

Plenty of middle class jobs/manufacturing jobs/trades in the country that i live in and they are filled by people from other countries because our own younger people won't do them because 30-35k is not enough for them to lower themselves to work with their hands.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

Or maybe their middle class mom and dad earn nice incomes and they have all the game consoles in the basement and all their friends are home with mom too and they go out and have fun like kids while figuring out what to do next with their career, you know, they career they trained for, instead of competing in blue collar trades that don't have any more openings than they did necessarily, and like the oil fields have employment boom/bust cycles just like white collar work,

So basically they want to sit at home living like teenagers until someone hands them their dream job rather than even temporarily working a job that pays actual money that can be used to pay their own loving way.

gently caress this lovely generation. Technically they are my generation and I feel loving embarrassed to say that.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Something triggered me. It may have been cyber bullying. It was problematic. I have retreated to my safe space.

I am an adult who believes that these things are actually real and not just complete fabrications created to continue my eternal childhood of sparkly non-offensive universal inclusion.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BelgianWaffle posted:

33, I've been a home owner for over three years now. I am the sole owner so it is not "our" house but MY house.

It cost me both my arms and both my legs to buy the house and some sanity as well, to keep it I've had to learn how not to live.

I do own a nice car but that's my only vice.

things I have stopped doing:

-drinking
-smoking
-buying worthless plastic like videogames
-travelling
-going out

Now I'm a bit of a recluse without a fake social life, only talking to people who matter. I might be a bit unhappy, but goddamn I'll be unhappy under my own damned roof.

Congrats on buying a house you can't afford.

I'm a year younger than you and am also the sole owner of my house for the past 6 years and i have more than half the mortgage paid off already.

You are bad with money.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Picnic Princess posted:

I own my own house and the mortgage was paid 2 years ago and I'm under 35. Am I one of the good ones?

You used really cheap credit to buy something you could afford the payments for.

Well done. You are a proper adult.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BelgianWaffle posted:

Buying a home at 26? I'm guessing a 2+1 in the middle of Nowhere with minimal downpayment. But yes, at 38 you'll be living like a God. In the middle of Nowhere. I'm talking real estate with increasing value.

I bet my downpayment was as much as your whole principal.

15 minutes from where I work/the next major city.

Once again, well done on buying a house you can't afford.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Melbourne is an over-priced shithole infested by hipsters pretending to fight the system whilst working for colossal multinationals so that they can pay their obscene rents.

Literally every bar has a carefully calculated "shabby chic" thing going on.

It is the perfect millennial city. Everyone and everything in it is a clone of what younger people consider "unique" and it has absolutely no substance but it looks the part.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

"In the US, under-30s are now poorer than retired people."

Why is this surprising?

Just starting out in life vs. entire career behind you and provisions made for retirement.

I might loving hope that retired people are in a better place financially than some dumb fucks in their 20's.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Millenials in general don't have anything interesting about them at all so they sort of have to latch on to one thing and make that their entire personality.

See: beard guys, "you've probably never heard of them" music dorks, foodies, craft beer snobs, Harry Potter fans etc.

They define their lives by the things they consume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

radiatinglines posted:

I think that's just nerds

Nerds are cool now.

Well, not actual nerds but rather people who call themselves nerds .

• Locked thread