Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Irradiation posted:

Pretty sure a rat touching it is the definition of a NY pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

notZaar posted:

Do you really think a guy who is that obsessed about his looks builds anything for himself?

lol dude isnt even that good looking , u mad & ugly

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
If you paid money to post on the internet, you're a millennial

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Borden posted:

Here's a list of companies that made me a better person.

hadnt thought of it that way.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

etalian posted:

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World is the most millennial movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUBVcit5VM

His dream woman is a maniac pixie girl who works in the tech industry.

-scott pilgrim was a fun movie with cool effects

-its manic pixie dream girl, ramona wasn't bubbly, and the film addresses scott's misguided infatuation

-I'm pretty sure Ramona was a delivery girl for amazon.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
is that actually a thing from the comics? I only saw the movie with my buds. we had fun watching it and then went about our lives because even its just a funny romance with action and video game references

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I think it's awesome that kids take pictures with the recently deceased and doubly awesome that mincing goons get flustered by it.

Old man looks like he lived long and died warm so yea I'd be happy for him too

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I worked at Cedar Point Amusement Park and they were very strict about hairstyle, piercings, uniform standards, and especially tattoos. 0 visible tattoos. use concealer or a bandaid it if its small enough, or wear under armor under your uniform to hide your sleeves.

so if you aspire to work minimum wage 60 hour weeks on a coaster-laden peninsula, reconsider your tattoos.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

n3wt posted:

So the difference between Burning man and the Juggalo Gathering is people can afford RVs and nicer entertainment facilities? Seems like the white people ratio is the same, drugs are the same, music is crappy techno instead of crap rap.

Insanely high priced sculptures and better looking people.

Same dopey mysticism.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

This is from a while back, but my buddy I used to live with went hogwild with all this modern distinguished gentleman bullshit, and I remember one day he went out and spent $400 on this ridiculous straight razor getup, including the leather strap and the brush that the guy is using in the video. I told him he was out of his mind and he gave me some speech about how this was much better than dumb modern razors etc. even though he had never used a straight razor in his life. I also told him that the shave brush I used cost like 8 dollars at Safeway and I didn't understand why his was $150 and girlfriend said "yours isn't badger hair. it's not going to give you as good of a shave". He immediately went in the bathroom to try out his new stuff and cut the ever loving poo poo out of his face with the straight razor. he straight up screamed "fuucckk!!" like 3 times while shaving and came out with these huge cuts all over his face. He never used it again and the store wouldn't take it back because he used it once.

I feel bad making fun of them because they are good friends of mine and are overall rad, but holy poo poo you could sell them the stupidest bullshit with a couple of buzzwords. They were both broke and still spent unfathomable amounts of money on the dumbest snake oil products. He would refuse to drink my store brand coffee and insist on his "artisanal" brand, so sometimes I would use my store brand anyways without telling him and he never noticed.

I used to think straight razors were cool so I bought a beginners razor. it had a little removable bit where the blade would normally be, and you put a razor blade inside the bit, slide it back into the tang and shave away without having to get it sharp enough first.

it was unwieldy and a pain in the rear end to get a close shave. real glad I only spent ten bucks to learn a good lesson about obsolete products: they're obsolete for a reason.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Ork of Fiction posted:

It has a tighter hole that you have to work a little before you can enjoy it.

P'shaw

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
they really lowered the bar of what constitutes a hover board.

You know what a hover board is, I know what a hover board is...

Those are segways without the handles gotdammit

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

HEY NONG MAN posted:

lol those jobs go to people in their 60s now

Old people working menial jobs depresses the poo poo out of me

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Woody

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I'm seeing a woman who is my height, taller than me when she wears heels and neither of us care because who loving cares. someone who does care about their partner's height is basic

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

dogstile posted:

The last short beefy guy I knew started a fight and the dude just sat on him :shrug:

However I will say that if you're short but not to short (5ft 7) you can still seriously pull it down if you're not a twat about it.

I know a short guy who got beefy but also spent a good portion of his gym time learning how to grapple. I wrestled him a few times and the guy was a serpent, in addition to strong.

That short guy you knew sounds ill prepared for a fight.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Mad Monk posted:

can we please get off the "short people got no reason to live" topic and back to millenials? Thank you.

would x 4

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

second-hand smegma posted:

these people are not fuckable

Post your picture then dipshit

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I'd gently caress all those people even Kit he's nobility show some sexual respect

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
All the indoor smoking bans took effect before I could drink in bars. I'd like to smoke in a bar with friends at least once, for old times sake

KoRMaK posted:

E-cigs are cool cuz they dont loving stink and also only offend peopls old perosn sensibilities instead of offending their nose.

Ecigs don't stink but that's not a "cool" feature

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 22, 2015

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
blowing acrid smoke out of your face is very cool and human thing to do

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

This shirt is pretty good though.

Reminds me of this one I always kind of wanted.

:lol:

This brand of humor is right up my alley

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Why is it so important to write in complete sentences anyway.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
And you know, all the black and Hispanic families that still live in Brooklyn.

Brooklyn is more than just Williamsburg

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

d0s posted:

Yeah I know, I work in sunset park, where those black and hispanic families are right now being priced out by the people we're talking about as the wave of terror moves south. I just assume that in this thread when somebody talks about brooklyn they're talking about gentrified brooklyn, which will pretty soon be all of brooklyn

e: lol if you think it's just williamsburg tho

I imagine a lot of people think brooklyn is younger, trendier manhattan but theres still a ton of dilapidated poo poo in brooklyn. I live in bedstuy and if it wasnt for the occasional newboxy apartment buildings between brownstones youd never guess that rich whites were living there.

e: maybe not rich, just less poor.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
my rent here is affordable, it was the nicest place I found in the short timeframe I had, and my commute is short.

e: plus its a 6-month lease so I anticipate this being a short term situation while I work and save toward something nicer. but maybe I'll stay, its not a bad neighborhood, it just doesn't look as nice.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 25, 2015

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
how much do you know about the gear wars?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

etalian posted:

I don't care about MMA but the time she tossed a fat smack talking nerd onto the floor owned.

link please

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
parked on the crosswalk like a moron

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

thathonkey posted:

gently caress pedestrians. lol i'm in a loving car. you're walking around on foot looking like a dickless human being chump.

ps. just wanted to make it clear that isn't my truck since the tag is visible i don't want any of you weirdos to dox this poor person or anything

lol if you're in a car I assume you have hank hill butt

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Maoist Pussy posted:

Like "Hey scrub-tier boys who will settle for literally any girl, how about I smear myself with poo poo and you will just have to deal with it in order to be near a female", I think that is what is going on in their heads kinda.

source your tumblrs

I've noticed an uptick in women drawing attention to their natural hairiness and complexion but nothin like what you're describing.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
my middleschool classmate and neighbor claimed he had an allergy to red food dye. his parents blamed his rampant mood swings on it.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
my dad says Necco wafers are made by squirting toothpaste on a counter and letting it dry

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
goddam kids and their hair styles

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

eric posted:

lol if you think the majority of those dropping from the work force aren't millennials

back it up with some numbers

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
3s a good number. The rest, poo poo.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

GORDON posted:

Also, I was born in '71 and I don't find an entire generation of whiners to be amusing.

The door swings both ways bitch.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

DreamShipWrecked posted:

You would be shocked how many people don't get this advice. "Don't live in debt" can be a foreign concept

"Sure you might have tens of thousands of dollars in student debt and a crap paying job but you can totally buy designer clothes and travel to europe" <- actual people I know

the nerve of some people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

thathonkey posted:

must be nice to be good enough at something you merely like to make a living-wage and career out of it and then having a separate thing that you love that you can make your hobby and have time for both.

that is lovely advice because it applies to virtually nobody.

yea I went to college to develop my passion into a productive skillset. Now Im working in my field and I love what I do even if it sometimes means compromising my initial vision for any given project, in pursuit of a more successful final product.

I still have other hobbies but I find a way to bring my understanding of those hobbies into my day job. aka I consider myself well rounded and resourceful. suck it you old fogies.

to be clear, Im a graphic designer

• Locked thread