Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm starting to think the somethingawful.com forums are not full of cool young people but instead angry old nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Automatic Slim posted:

Millennial "men" are soft. They grow those long beards as a distraction to the fact that they are lesser men compared to previous generations. Beta as gently caress.

Unless you were born poor, then you probably had to go to Iraq or take a hard blue collar job or went to prison and then you are as hard as gently caress, but you still have to shrug off the lovely indignity being lumped with the gently caress boy millennial "men".

I have a blue collar job and would rather work with the dudes with prison tats over the other young white dudes any day. It's hot as hell in the summer, and last year this pudgy green af dude was moving my fan and dropped it and broke it because it pinched his finger a little bit. Smdh

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm really sick of lovely writers trying to put a positive spin on this. Millennials as a whole have no redeeming qualities, time to stop pretending they do. Their kids are going to be even more hosed up because they were ignored by their self-obsessed parents, sat down in front of a tablet since birth, and their parenting was dictated by the whims of whatever stupid blog their parents happened to be reading that week. We're hosed.

Lol u mad

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

:gas: and ban op

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Lol at olds thinking they should be respected when they are bad at their jobs. This is especially true with salesmen. I had a sales guy try to give me some wise words on how to do my job because he didn't communicate that his order was urgent, so I worked other orders whose salesmen did communicate their urgency first. He thought he was laying down some real truth bombs, but it really just translated to "wah wah, always do mine first!" Entitled rear end boomers think they're goddam Confucius because they've spent a few decades watching TV.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

What we really need is a salesman hate thread

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

no child left behind: a success story

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I didn't use a calculator on my act cause I didn't bring one :smith:

Don't remember what I got exactly but it was high enough for automatic acceptance into state schools

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Scaramouche posted:

In other millennial news I had to tell my '89 birthday cousin today about who Edward Snowden was and why what he did was a big deal.

The gently caress? I was born in 89 and I had already developed healthy hatred and distrust for the government way before all the snowden poo poo started

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

what could we call the generation after millenials, you know, the babbies who are like 1 or 2 right now

ubermillenials? postmillenials? generation Z

What do the people in waterwold call themselves?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Turmoil posted:

Nonsexual contact is fine in small doses, but when it's taken to the extreme(like cuddle parties) then it becomes creepy and weird.
Most of the men you see in those pictures look like they've been banished to the permanent friendzone and that's the only way they can get physical contact without paying someone.

In response to some of your previous posts:

Hugging is fine and I regularly share mutual hugs with my close friends of the opposite sex when I haven't seen them in a while or when we're parting and won't see each other for a while. In either case it's mutual and doesn't last overly long.
People that are overly huggy with everyone just come off as needy and creepy. I'm talking about people who go in for a full on hug with people they just met or barely know, not a social greeting hug.

That's something that's a bit personal, even for friends. At least for me the only people who touch my hair or whose hair I would touch are people that I'm in a relationship with.

Nerdiest thing I've read on these forms in a while

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ITT bitter uncool millenials make fun of cool millenials that fit in

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there isn't a :jerkbag: big enough for kleen

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

goomsnarr posted:

Had a millennial knock on my door today.

He was driving a riced-up Toyota Celica, had neck tats and a weird cap.
When I answered, he said "I'm from Craigslist to get the giraffe from Tina".
I guess I must have looked a bit "are you making GBS threads me?", because he then said "This is number 8 right?".

Now interestingly, when I moved in to this house, I made sure that our house number was clearly distinguishable. I installed a bollard at the end of the drive, painted it black and white strips and added glow in the dark numerals to make it as clear as possible. I also painted the number on my dark blue door in nice white paint.

Guess what....it ain't number 8.

He was waving his wallet at me when I pointed to the nicely painted numeral on the door.

Note, there wasn't a greeting or an apology or anything. He walked back to his car muttering something about Google maps.

I honestly can't tell if he really was trying to buy something, or if this was some elaborate version of knock-down-ginger/ding-dong-ditch.

Man you're gonna have PTSD

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gimme a bronut with some sprinkles bitch

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I use an electric razor

hth

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I imagine everyone who talks about having a beard on the internet as really fat

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I was named my name because it was in a Tom Hank's movie, but it's also a pretty popular name

U guys can try to guess it or just reflect on the fact that I am a millennial posting about myself

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

All wrong, it's a very very common name and the movie was a comedy. I'm sure you'll be disappointed although fwiw I thought the movie was ok

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

U right

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iUiFe4cIz4

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

This guy is 5'8"

pretty sure sansa is actually in mid air in this picture

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Lufiron posted:

short guys have all the good picks on clothes. I bought a suit recently and because I'm tallish I can't buy what's off the rack because it's either the good stuff is sold out or ugly as poo poo. I had to drop 4 figures on a custom suit because of it, instead of just getting something altered. Also im talking real nice suit not that flammable deteriorating nonsense they sell at k&g or men's warehouse

I feel like a goddamn boss in my suit tho

wearhouse*

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

this thread is so loving bad, nobody gives a poo poo about your computer janitor jobs

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Edgar posted:

As a millenial, why cant I get along with my peers, especially in the tech industry? The only people I can relate to and talk to are angry 30-50 year old construction workers.

30-50 year old blue collar dudes are generally angry at the right people unless they've been infected with the racism

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mr. mephistopheles posted:

since when are Mexicans generally the right people to be angry at

I said unless they're racist dude

The ones I know are mad about their corporate bosses and Washington fat cats

Edit: my post was literally one sentence and you didn't read all of it, millennial spotted

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 12, 2015

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it'd be kinda nice to get some more of that value created by my labor back, because most of it is diverted into the pockets of shitlords and spent on tacky watches rather than really contributing anything to society

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

My extensive internet experience has taught me that people who use correct punctuation in informal messages are really really annoying and probably do think they're better than me

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mr. mephistopheles posted:

huh nature gave me all this hair on my face better constantly cut it off like a dumb rear end in a top hat

e: my beard is my notice to the world that i don't have a poo poo job where people tell me how to look like i'm a child

fatass

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

My work gloves are so saturated with old sweat that they perfectly mimic the capacitance of my skin, it's pretty sweet

The only drawback is that they make my hands stink

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yes, I work with my hands and they sweat when I wear gloves. they aren't leather, they are rubberized cloth, but the rubber has worn off the fingertips. I have an infinite supply of free work gloves, but I like mine because they are broken in and I can use my phone with them

the stink washes right off

I hope this post satisfied

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Work gloves aren't like underwear you nerd

Get a job

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Boss: Why do I have to order another box of gloves already? Who has been taking all the GOD DAMNED GLOVES?!

Millennial: *in nasal effeminate voice* um sir, I had to keep getting new ones because mine were all sweaty

Boss: you think gloves grow on trees you little poo poo? YOU'RE FIRED

Millennial: oh dear, how will I afford my moustache wax and fixed gear bicycle handlebar streamers now??

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

it's a joke hombre don't get so defensive

I wear gloves until the fingers rip out then I buy new ones

it's ok, but I think some people really think that not washing my work gloves means I don't wash my clothes

I'll have to remember this to use as a honeypot to draw out people who haven't worked a day in their life

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

1915: why get a wristwatch when you have a pocket watch?

2015: why get a wristwatch when you have a phone in your pocket?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah no poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

radiatinglines posted:

Yeah that's what I'm saying here

The argument that you don't need a wristwatch because your phone tells time is dumb

Quote is not edit

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Guys watches are just ostentatious displays of wealth

*whips out pinnacle of modern consumer technology to check the time*

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

JB50 posted:

There are clocks on like every big appliance and clocks everywhere in general.

Oh man you sure nailed me there

Not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

JB50 posted:

Wasnt really a shot at you just putting it out there.

i'm not really mad

but what about outside, man?

• Locked thread