Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pudding Huxtable posted:

ZE ZY ZO ZUM I SMELL THE BLOOD OF CIS SCUM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Toadstrieb posted:

If a millennial "came of age" around the year 2000, as google suggests, then millenials are becoming 30 somethings about now, yes? Look at every rear end in a top hat you see wearing a denim shirt, wearing expensive basketball shoes, sporting a balding head-full of "artisan" pomade in 110 degree heat, and masturbating to fantasies of their very own "startup venture capital firm" while "swiping right". Millennials are now Contemporary Conformists.

Source: http://carles.buzz/the-contemporary-conformist/

If you can get used to the loving insufferable writing, I think this guy has us all beat for identifying what's wrong with millennials.

i am approaching 30 and that is many of my peers unfortunately, yes

not me though. i'll dress like an alienating weirdo for life! im not a cog in ur system dad

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

i'm the women's flipflops the photographer's wearing

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

prinneh posted:

Couldn't we call everyone born before like 1987ish Generation Y? I'm nearly 30 and being labelled a millennial just churns my stomach. Isn't possible to opt-out in some way? My backup plan is that only Americans can be millennials.

I miss being called Generation Y.

That was a cool name and it signaled that we were cooler and better than the previous generation. Some boomers decided it was too cool so they changed it.

This millennial poo poo loving sucks. i never agreed to this change!

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

YeahTubaMike posted:

he only wanted blond white women, and i'm guessing he only wanted a certain kind of blond white woman (maxim cover girl types)

to be fair he is hot enough to land those. it's just as soon as he opens his mouth, his inner goon reveals itself

sometimes gooniness is internal rather than external

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Bill Watterson giving us millenials a Reason to be useless. Calvin and Hobbes owns

That is pretty adorable actually. I have no jokes.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

Dire Straits are still well known by millennials though

now if you said R.E.M. or even The Police, than that's an entirely different story

millennials seem to know about all three. they generally know vaguely about bands that got tons of radio or mtv coverage from the mid 70s onwards

when it comes to musician's musicians like neil young or donovan though... millennials are very segmented. basically people who care about music know about that stuff and people who don't care about music don't give a poo poo, and most people from every generation fall into the second category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
my generation is proving that we are as retarded and lovely as every previous generation

...just over different things

hopefully symbolic's gay baby generation will learn from those mistakes and make different mistakes instead of the same ones, just like we did with the gen xers

• Locked thread