Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Ocean Book posted:

i feel like a lot of millenial hate is misdirected hate that should be at smartphones, which are a force of evil and a virus that has invaded all living generations at this point.
This is actually a pretty good point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
It must get tiresome ironically supporting the Taliban around here.

My Q-Face posted:

You think it takes work ethic to go sit in a desert for 12 months, ride around in armored vehicles most of the time, and walk around occasionally? I'll admit, there were some who busted their rear end and worked because it needed to be done and I admire them, but the vast, vast majority were too lazy to check their own oil, too lazy to change a tire, and too lazy to pull the big bright red "stop" button back out before they tried to turn on the generator and decided it was broken when it didn't start. The vast majority were too goddamned lazy and self-absorbed to pitch in to get a job done right, because "it's not my job", because they had more pressing things to do like get back to their hooch to play CoD all night.
In fairness, I'm pretty sure this is true of soldiering throughout history.

Frankenstyle posted:

Wah, wah, wah. "The future isn't pretty enough, make me a better one". Go out and dig one out of a landfill you lazy bastards.

Awww, "You made me this way dad, and I'm not moving out until you fix me".
Is your avatar the villain from Mad Max Fury Road because that is the character you most related to?

ghlbtsk posted:

:agreed:
But even if you could somehow implant smartphone/internet technology onto previous generations to see what teenagers would do with it, I can't imagine any of them would do anything as tone-deaf as this:

(an elected politician and repeated presidential candidate)

• Locked thread