Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
I quit smoking after 20 years, cold turkey, and dealt with all of the misery and ache that it entails.

If I try to feel proud of myself and tell anyone about it I get met with "JUST VAPE MAN! ITS BETTER FOR YOU" *poooofffffffycloudofsteam*

Keep inhaling those chemicals from china, you jackasses, I hope you all get vocal cord parasites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Nolgthorn posted:

Something about this makes me want to see that girl naked so bad

You can't do this Playboy!

I thought that was Justin Bieber?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

BelgianWaffle posted:

33, I've been a home owner for over three years now.

It cost me both my arms and both my legs to buy the house and some sanity as well, to keep it I've had to learn how not to live.

I do own a nice car but that's my only vice.

things I have stopped doing:

-drinking
-smoking
-buying worthless plastic like videogames
-travelling
-going out

Now I'm a bit of a recluse without a fake social life, only talking to people who matter. I might be a bit unhappy, but goddamn I'll be unhappy under my own damned roof.

I was there once.

Every year things get more and more expensive, things in the house break, and I doubt your boss is going to come through with those big fat raises and promotions he's always bullshitting about at review time.

Being house poor sucks and will eat at you, it's not a tenable life.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
As long as you think positive everything will work out in the end.

Bad things only happen to bad people, and vice versa.

Don't you guys know about karma?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

radiatinglines posted:

He sacrificed all the poo poo that people enjoy doing to buy some house, castles of sand etc

I don't see the difference between getting suckered into buying a house you can't afford and getting suckered into buying phones

I'm sure the loan officer all but guaranteed him that so long as he makes the payments, his credit will improve, and their customer service people would be contacting him down the road to finance him to a low fixed rate. Then he will have lots of extra cash.

That never happens but is a common lie to make home ownership look like good investment. It can be a good investment, but it can be a life wrecker. The lie is that property values always increase forever and ever.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Using guitar as drum, without ever learning how to play it as a guitar, but still saying that you play guitar seems to be a thing these days.

Playing guitar is hard so I wish this was around when I was a kid. Impress twice the girls in half the time with your cool bongo drum rolls and you don't really have to do any work.

Every time I go to the guitar store for strings there's a couple of guys in the acoustic room tappa tappin and playing drums on 1000 dollar gibsons and martins and poo poo and guitar store employees staring on in horror, lmao.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

KiddieGrinder posted:

I've never heard of this and it sounds awful. Do you mean poo poo like this?

I mean later in the video this guy plays the guitar and he does sound good, but I can only imagine how terrible it would be if they couldn't actually play the guitar, but still bought one and used it to "play drums" by tippy tapping on it like that.

I think what happened is people have seen enough videos like that to think that's legitimate guitar technique, so it's totally ok to walk into a store and start bongoing on expensive things you don't own and that aren't bongos.

I just see them in guitar stores and wonder why anyone has the balls to pick up an instrument worth a few hundred dollars and start hitting it like a chimp. *IN MY DAY* I might strum the strings like an idiot because I didn't really know any chords, but wouldn't even think to sit and slap it.

It's like going into a piano store and kicking a piano and going "oh wow nice sound".

Of course, in heavy metal shredder days of my youth, the same rear end in a top hat would be the guy who picked up the two thousand dollar strat and starts scraping the pick up and down the fretboard and smashing on the whammy bar, and those assholes are still doing that in their 40s and 50s.

Before me I have to imagine the Pete Townshend windmill assholes were doing their thing to douche up guitar stores.

Guitar players have always been douchebags.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Wicker Man posted:

More coddling than before. A lot of us think the surge in beards is a subconscious way of saying "Despite being a soft Doughboy who got an extension on their childhood, I AM a man, technically. "

Nah, beard is a dumb cyclical fashion trend like everything else.

When Obamacare made the rule that parents have to cover children until they are 25 I knew there was no hope. Literally nobody in the country expects you to have any basic life skills or employment until you are 25 years of age.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Internaut! posted:

lol were millennials ever even allowed to go outdoors without 3 coats of SPF 50

they're all metro as hell too, prolly have at least 2 types of moisturizers in their daily regimen

no wonder they all have faces like a newborn's bottom and beardo to compensate

Millennials were raised indoors by helicopter parents in a society that considers letting a 10 year old children walk a half a block to the playground unsupervised to be child abuse.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

radiatinglines posted:

lol where did you go to school?

Americans lived at home as long as everyone else until the 50s when someone got the bright idea to shame them out to sell more poo poo. I thought this was common knowledge

They also had jobs at 13 and were expected to pitch in to keep the family homestead running, in an age when chores were done by hand and people had to preserve food to get through the winter, mend their own clothes, etc.

About a week ago I heard a 31 year old coworker complain that his mom brought home the wrong kind of dipping sauce for his McNuggets. I can't even believe he could have said that out loud in front of adults in a professional job office without any sense of self awareness or shred of shame.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

ChesterJT posted:

Theres nothing hard about moving out now. Its easier than it has ever been if you're not a worthless sack of jelly.

In rural china people regularly live in family groups of 30 in a single dirt floored hut.

So, you see, this concept of independence and self reliance is really a scam like valentines day invented by the MARKETING FAT CATS to condition you into buying things you don't need, like food and shelter and self respect and accomplishment. That's why I live at home, so I have more money for important things like Steam sales and dragon dildoes.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
He got a power up and beat the game but the other guy said it wasn't fair.

I'm not surprised pro gaming is big and getting bigger because its all the concentrated navel gazing drama of reality TV paired up with all the sports marketing techniques through the ages.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
I think esports athletes will mostly be young because the audience is young and would not want to watch uncool old guys beating their peers at video games, and the promoters and advertisers know this, and will do what's necessary to promote young and handsome and marketable cyber athletes.

My next prediction is that one day the internet will collectively poo poo it's pants when they realize this blatantly obvious situation, and will rally behind some fat old guy who has the highest ranking magical fairy collection in the unofficial servers.

Pursuant to that prediction, a congressional committee will be set up to investigate cyber gaming esports like the one set up to investigate cheating in baseball. Heads will roll in the name of justice and equality.

My final prediction is that the new and fair official esports will decline to nearly nothing overnight because nobody wants to watch fat old men play video games (or do anything else).

e: to put a timeline on it, I expect this all to happen by 8 PM EST

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Millennials apparently don't know about Triumph the insult comic?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

WaryWarren posted:

you can lol at triumph all you want but he exposes some very necessary truths. head on over to the roosh v forum, where we can discuss the liberal and feminist agenda to undermine american males. a "safe space" for those of us still with any common sense and a shred of dignity.
:siren:

:siren:

What's roosh v forum? That scary thing is first what I saw.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

A Strange Aeon posted:

They censor all the choice bits, what's NWS about it?

Choice bits?

A strange "choice" of words, you might say.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

NESguerilla posted:

I like that they make the distinction that Americans can only look at naked bodies in a sexual way and that these photos are beautiful in a different way. ie: not sexy. So more like an interesting looking fungus or that metallica cover that is a close up of bloody jizz.

America is the only country that likes attractive naked ladies, it is their thing much like the spaniards and their affinity for hairy ballsacks.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

nomadologique posted:

oh wow look at this guy he can distinguish a penatram from a single of baphomet must be a mason

He's rightfully upset about the appropriation of his faggy wiccan culture by hot topic, like the goth kids/vamp kids episode of south park.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
We had the crust punk "squeegee kids" in the 90s in Toronto. Middle class white kids from Vaughan or wherever who want to play homeless for the day and would smear piss on your car at intersections and threaten you if you didn't give them a dollar for it.

The city had to pass specially crafted laws to get rid of them while at the same time not gently caress over actual legit homeless people.

All the thrill and adventure of the hobo life without the hobo life.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
I think people would eventually migrate to the better bulbs on their own and the government mandating it has more to do with GE rent seeking than environmental policy.

The real revolution of LED lighting is that anybody can grow weed at home without 300 watt traditional "grow lights".

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

lmbo

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

POOTER123 posted:

sigh, i'm afraid i have some bad news for you.....:rimshot:

edit...almost 4 years, 1 post. anyone beat that?:agesilaus:

A lot of people have way more posts than that, guy

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Don Tacorleone posted:

The Pepsi Generation was ok. They liked soda.

The Pepsi Generation was high on coke.

Makes you think.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Slugnoid posted:

so what do you call a triggered conservative? a social injustice warrior?

A millenial.

Growing up, "triggered" was something that would set a mentally retarded person off.

Like at school, we would be given actual "trigger warnings". I remember one kid would attack you if you made fun of superman, and another would fly into a rage if you taunted him with the word "candy".

When did society decide we have to treat everyone under 30ish as if the were retarded? I think it's a great idea, but just wondering when it went into effect. 2005-ish, I'm thinking?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

MAYO FETISH posted:

that ginger would look normal if he didnt have that ridiculous hitlercut and tweezed mustache

also if he wasnt a inger

and wasn't dressed in skinny jeans with a big scarf in the summer

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Snatch Duster posted:

I'm about to interview some poo poo millenial with a man knot named Gerek.

loving millenials.

The last one said they believed in multitasking, which was 3 strikes in and of itself.

You got millenials mixed up with cardassians, dude.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Larry Parrish posted:

How long until America just annexes Canada

What makes you think they could?

America talks big but sucks balls when it comes to actually winning wars.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

ethanol posted:

Oh good another car hit my Miata while parked

Sounds like you are parking wrong. A little personal responsibility goes a long way, my child.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
lmbo city kids

"What if I cant find a mcdonalds!"

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Fonzarelli posted:

more like "what if i can't eat any type of ethnic food whenever I feel like, or go to a selection of dozens of coffee shops and bars that are just in my suburb alone, or ever see any art showings or film festivals and only see one concert a year that i have to drive 4 hours to"

omg wow several restaurants, so much choice

oh wow any type of ethnic food!

DOZENS OF COFFEE SHOPS JUST IN HIS SUBURBS

everybody check out this cosmopolitan he probably has a condo in three olive's building

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Fonzarelli posted:

haha okay fatty mcboring, what is so great about your sub 100k city? how many cool bands come through there? i bet you only have one movie theatre.

Wait a second, do you live in Toronto or Vancouver by chance?

Just a hunch

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Fonzarelli posted:

nah Melbourne Australia, pretty drat close though in culture

No doubt.

Last time I talked to a Vancouver dude, I was joking about the 2 million dollar shack that went viral, and he got all mad and made a point about my city only having one cinema with 12 screens and I didn't really know what his point was. He is way over his head in debt and wound so loving tight that dissing his city is a real sore spot but his pride won't let him admit it. Being house-poor sucks balls big time. He'll probably end up kicking off his 30s with a bankruptcy and a fresh start.

Anyways, I hate to break it to you, but as cities go - Melbourne is a kind of a whitebread hick town. I'm actually surprised there is more than one theater there.

When you talk about all that ethnic food, you really mean pizza and chinese, right? You can get that anywhere.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Fonzarelli posted:

lol you can't just make things up. Melbourne has four million people, a massive music scene, a huge film festival and comedy festival and is one of the most diverse cities in the entire world. You can get any type of food that you want from incredibly expensive chinese to ethiopian to japanese fusion to a really good burger. Its also got functioning public transport in the form of trains and streetcars, something that no small town is ever gonna have.

Doesn't seem to be on the list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population

Toronto has the same kind of penis envy, they keep including more and more of Ontario to bump up the population count because they desperately feel they need to be in "north americas biggest cities" list or some poo poo. But it's a crumbling shithole with a bad hockey team and everybody knows it.

A lot of small towns exist just because of trains, so I'm not sure what you're even talking about there. I have been in plenty of towns with populations of 50-100k that have great public transport.

Melbourne is like Columbus, Ohio and you're bragging like a New Yorker. You seem a bit out of touch.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Panfilo posted:

Even being house poor means you have a place to live in. The big advantage of real estate as an investment is that even if it's value shits the bed you can still live there.

Is there a real difference between being up to your neck in mortgage vs up to your next in rent? At least one of them gives you tax breaks and the chance to lower your payments via refinance and inflation vs just paying more and more in rent with zero to show for it.

I get the benefits of home ownership and endorse it, I'm talking about people over their head.

Being house poor usually means you're a missed payment or a broken wrist away from being homeless most of the time. Being unable to make rent doesn't mean foreclosure, it means finding a cheaper apartment or a roommate.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

symbolic posted:

"my name is fonzarelli, my parents pay half my rent so i can live a cushy lifestyle in the nice big city. if your parents can't do that, then your life sucks and you're boring :lol:"

But he's not in a "real city", lmao. What parents pay half anybody's rent? Learn to read the tea leaves.

He obviously lives at home, and has never left home and that's why Melbourne is still a big important city to him and he brags about it with all the first hand experience of someone quoting the tourism page because they aren't allowed to go out.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Fonzarelli posted:

haha mate if you wanna make up things about me that's okay, but over the course of my life i moved every two years all over asia and the US

oh I'm sure you did all that and more and you jumped your tank of sharks on your motorbike a while back

post some more millenial.txt

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

A Strange Aeon posted:

What the hell is your problem with Pittsburgh, now?

And calling a city "Philadelphia without the historical significance" isn't a compliment, lol.

I can't imagine it was meant to be. Allentown is a pit. There's a terrible amusement park and a really poor and crime ridden lovely town beside it.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Millenials Going Their Own Way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

• Locked thread