Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I took a bunch of students on a field trip today. At the beginning of the school year, we take our 8th grade class (all 500 of them) to the university down the road. My group kept separating into a faster and a slower group, which made it difficult to cross the roads as a group. I had to keep urging the slow group to hurry up. When we get to the university (About a 4 block walk) one of the girls in the slow group proudly shows me the 39 selfies she managed to take on the walk over.

39 selfies in 4 blocks. Less than a 20 minute walk. I pointed out that maybe, just maybe, the fact that she was stopping to take all these selfies was the reason her group was holding everybody back. She pointed out how important it is for her to get all these pictures "Because the next one might be even better than the others!"

Then this sad behavior continued when we actually got to the college. The people in charge of the day had lots of activities planned. And this girl and her friends never actually participated in anything. They stood there, taking selfies in front of other people who were actually doing the activities and then posting these selfies by the dozen on facebook. For them, the entire day was about proving they had been there when stuff was happening, rather than actually doing all the stuff.

There is no facepalm big enough for this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread