Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

"who still live with their parents"

huh I wonder why that is after the older generations de-regulated and dismantled everything that gave them prosperity and crashed the poo poo out of the world economy over and over again

do your parents make you pay rent or do you just do chores and help out around the house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Violet_Sky posted:

I was born in 1993. Am I a Millennial?

Yeah and you're a little bitch too

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Violet_Sky posted:

I'm over 18 and I'm a millennial.

Violet_Sky posted:

Can we get rid of the low content, white noise posts in GBS? It would be a good idea.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

lol

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 2, 2015

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Sam Hill posted:

What exactly is the age cut off for a millennial? I was born in 88 and I feel like the highschool/college aged kids I know grew up on another planet. It didn't seem that way when I was their age and hung around older people. I feel like their should be a classification after Gen X but before millennial.

I was born in 87 and feel the same way. Having social media in high school or earlier seems to be a defining feature of millennials but we didn't really have that.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

tbh I think the ability to index a lot of data (ie use the internet to research well), critically think, and sift through bullshit is WAY more important than memorizing poo poo like an encyclopedia.

obviously it's important to remember things but imo the model of rote memorization to learn is obsolete

Yeah but a lot of millennials suck rear end at analyzing whether or not something is a good and reliable source. That's not unique to them but they rely on it more.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

mr. mephistopheles posted:

myspace existed and was popular the entire time you were in high school

Myspace got popular my junior year of high school and even then it was basically Livejournal 2.0. Totally different scope.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

lol at millennials who blame the baby boomers for taking out 50 grand in student loans for a sociology degree

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

gently caress YOU DAD

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

whatever at least millennials aren't doing MKULTRA or operation condor and poo poo like that

if the worst thing you can say is 'on their phones a lot' and 'hipsters :argh:' it ain't all that bad

Do you seriously think things like that don't happen anymore? And that average citizens were responsible for them?

I think you might literally be retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

i think you might literally need to shut up and jam charles

hmm good point

• Locked thread