Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark

wikipedia from the future posted:

“On the Road (to nowhere)” is a novel by American writer Noah Kerouac, based on the travels of Kerouac and his pose across America. It is considered a defining work of the post-9/11 millennial and Hipster generations, with its protagonists living life against a backdrop of twitter feuds, skinny jeans, and artisan mixologist daiquiris. The novel is a roman à clef, with many key figures in the millennial movement, such as Mark Zuckerberg (Old Man Social) and Lena Dunham (Carla Camel-toe) represented by characters in the book, including Kerouac himself as the narrator Sal Williamsburg.

The idea for On the Road (to nowhere), Kerouac's second novel, was formed during the late 2010s on a series of tweets from a variety of handheld mobile iDevices, and then typed out in a continuous facebook status update during three weeks in April 2017. It was first published by The Cheezburger Network in 2018.

Book jacket author photo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark
Couldn't we call everyone born before like 1987ish Generation Y? I'm nearly 30 and being labelled a millennial just churns my stomach. Isn't possible to opt-out in some way? My backup plan is that only Americans can be millennials.

• Locked thread