Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

simosimo posted:

I was
Gonna make a 1990s.jpg thread , now my dreams are ruined

I like jpg threads I have osha , novo russia . The China one is like the game of thrones books - all over the place and dull sadly I was hoping it would be mostly cheap China products like amusing duck

And yet, here you are posting .txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'll shoot everyone itt for 9.95

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Frankenstyle posted:

Wah, wah, wah. "The future isn't pretty enough, make me a better one". Go out and dig one out of a landfill you lazy bastards.

Awww, "You made me this way dad, and I'm not moving out until you fix me".

:agreed:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm waiting to here tezzor's opinion on this

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The_Franz posted:

Upper-middle class = being fat and dumpy while wearing dorky clothes that are as form-fitting as a sack. Got it.

Ur jelly of the hot Hispanic Chica

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

sincx posted:

loving idiot. He'd have easily gotten laid by at least a 6/10 if he'd just act less creepy. His face is fine.

Freeze frame that nose

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Very sad they were the only ones to die in voluntary service.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Skeleton Ape posted:

Wow something important is happening, I should really take some pictures WELP BETTER MAKE SURE MY STUPID loving HEAD IS IN THE FRAME

hey man I was THERE

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

idk I think we're way smarter than you and we can look poo poo up in moments. while you putter around lost we've GPS'd that poo poo and have been waiting for 20 mins already. hurry up grandpa.

gently caress knowin stuff

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

tbh I think the ability to index a lot of data (ie use the internet to research well), critically think, and sift through bullshit is WAY more important than memorizing poo poo like an encyclopedia.

obviously it's important to remember things but imo the model of rote memorization to learn is obsolete. why memorize a bunch of dates when instead you can just remember something happened and then look it up in moments for the details? like using pointers in programming for efficiency. I don't need to know the quadratic equation if I know it exists and I can just look it up if I need it, for example.

Except they don't index data, critically think, nor identify bullshit.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

tbh I think the ability to index a lot of data (ie use the internet to research well), critically think, and sift through bullshit is WAY more important than memorizing poo poo like an encyclopedia.

obviously it's important to remember things but imo the model of rote memorization to learn is obsolete. why memorize a bunch of dates when instead you can just remember something happened and then look it up in moments for the details? like using pointers in programming for efficiency. I don't need to know the quadratic equation if I know it exists and I can just look it up if I need it, for example.

I have to go back here. What is a millennial definition on "indexing data"? Please exclude google searching

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Flat billed caps are millennials fault right?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654252

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Toadstrieb posted:

I'm genuinely not sure if you're trolling me or not, but what we are asking is, "do millennials suck, and why?", and I'm answering that question in a way that's relevant to what's been in the thread recently, ie, this dude and his art project.

Are you trying to defend him? Because his work isn't even really what I'm honing in on, its the way in which it is in itself emblematic of the problem with millennials--they're easily duped and they like to be duped.

To break it down further, some would argue that a lack of critical insight and ability to be easily pandered to are two criteria for being poo poo people.

Let me argue for you though and go a step further to assert, as I bet you are, that "nothing matters" , so it's dumb to get upset about anything, culture included, OR perhaps you're one of those quasi-nihilists who's actually a closet positivist and is excited by anything you see, as long as you don't have to be critical of it.

I really hope you have more to say than that, but I'm also pretty sure you'll just shitpost again.

Jesus Christ

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ratjaculation posted:

nah man its an iphone 6

Jejeje

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hopper posted:

Please tell me this is not real?

ye of little faith in the levels self absorbtion of millienials
http://abcnews.go.com/US/university-utah-installs-texting-lane-stairs/story?id=31837460

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Baracula posted:

theres a cadre of goons who have always been weirdly old to be here

Don't u have a selfie to take?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
The only thing worse than a millennial is their offspring.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

blugu64 posted:

Because they have jobs and aren't above a hard days work op

Broken clock

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Robo Reagan posted:

im glad that natural selection is back on the table for humanity

I've yet to 'find' a gun anywhere, I must not be looking right

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
What's the Venn overlap between basic bitch, bruh, and millenial?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

GORDON posted:

I love doing online check-in at Great Clips and walking in the door and cutting in front of all the yahoos who have been waiting there.

That doesn't happen

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

GORDON posted:

You caught me, I sit around and dream up fantasy haircut pwnage to try to seem cool.

It's not working. Much like online checkin

Millennial

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Edgar posted:

Yesterday at school, spotted a young guy cruising down the hallway on a small handle free Segway with bright blue lights. He was texting at the same time. Then another dude rode off on an electric futuristic unicycle device. Am I so old that hover boards are real?

http://www.futurefoot.com/

On Sale for $800 now too

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

its those loving boomer teachers fault!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

because high schools get a lot of funding from local taxes and federal/state grants so if you get your funding cut because the GOP hates education and you live in a lovely area odds are you are going to a lovely high school.

and most definitely about the second bit. idk why everyone pushes kids to college when it's obvious college isn't for everyone and not only that colleges today are rapidly becoming a way to get into tens of thousands of dollars in debt with nothing much to show for it.

btw I got a 2100 on the SAT what did you goons get

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I officially declare myself the oldest poster itt .

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I'm a millennial. I bought my first house at 28 and my second at 30. Latin BA and history MA. What's up ITT?

My payments on your defaulted student loans.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Cross fit, millennial? Y/n

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dapper Dan posted:

that's because everything is conquered and plundered, all the careers are gradually having money sapped from them thanks to inflation and wage stagnation. the wealth is drying up too, most of the wealth owned in the next ten to twenty years will not be created but inherited. there is no honor anymore, especially for a military that will churn you up and spit you out solely to protect its sphere of influence. there is no reason to complicate crushing student loans with equally crushing costs of raising children and owning a home. fame is luck and a genetic lottery and you have to make someone incredibly wealthy even wealthier. if you try this path and fail you will be exploited every step of the way, eventually falling into alcoholism and drug abuse.

the option you gave is the only option left. gently caress the game, drown in earthly pleasures while the world burns. just as long as you don't drink heineken.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4

How's 7-11 treating you though?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

notZaar posted:

Wow $160 million, I didn't know junior attorneys could pull that kind of bank right out of school.

He tested out of math. Had AP in high school

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ghlbtsk posted:

jesus these are fantastic

Nah

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

something tells me that if she was white you'd being calling her an "entitled vapid oval office" - but what do i know

when i was 14 i was reading Camus, Solzhenitsyn, Albee, Beckett, etc...

Lmao

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

rakovsky maybe posted:

attractive people? dressed fashionably? in cool parts of the country? :qq:

Post ur picture mil

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

C-Euro posted:

I should not be held up as some financial paragon. The frugality is mostly out of necessity as almost 75% of my monthly income goes into rent & bills :negative: I'm working that down though, I promise! Plus a lot of the clothes I have are super-comfy and I don't see the point of replacing them.

Don't buy Star Wars poo poo. All I've learned from BFC

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

plain blue jacket posted:

Humans doing retarded poo poo to animals is definitely a millennial thing

Check me out riding this turtle!
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/26/us/sea-turtle-photo-arrest/

Tats confirm millennial

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dapper Dan posted:

because it feels better and is probably the closest shave you can get. you also don't have to keep buying razor heads and can sharpen the razor yourself. it just takes longer and has a more expensive buy in and takes a bit of practice. but it is the best shave you can get.

Username/post

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
The Oregon shooter was a millennial. Makes u think

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

she must have p laid back parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
http://www.press-citizen.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2015/10/05/woman-arrested-after-phone-call-kevin-hart-show/73382010/

Chynna Simms just can't get off her phone OMG! This call is like very important to me people.

Facing 2 years in loving jail LMAO

• Locked thread