Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

This E/N thread is kind of interesting from a "boots on the ground" perspective, and yet...
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718525

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Chuck Boone posted:

I get really excited when I introduce people to Venezuelan food. I've brought about a dozen people to a Venezuelan restaurant here in Toronto over the years and I love it when I hear that they've introduced their friends to the restaurant months down the line.

Is it "Arepa Cafe"? (Or "El Arepazo"?)
I live in Buffalo and haven't been to Toronto in a while... would love to try anything and everything arepas

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Chuck Boone posted:

I find Arepa Cafe to be overpriced, so I haven't been there in years. The restaurant I go to is called El Gordo Ex and it's great. I've never been to El Arepazo, but it's really close to my office and I've actually been planning to go with some of my colleagues for lunch one of these days. When I go I'll come back with a trip report! If you're down to go whenever you're up here next, let me know!

Also, the owners of Arepa Cafe did what I think is a scummy thing: they trademarked their name and then sent cease-and-desist letters to other restaurants in Toronto that had the word "arepa" in their names. That'd be like being unable to open a restaurant with the word "burger" in the name because Burger King claimed the word.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is related to that fact, but I noticed that when I go to El Gordo Ex, the menu lists "@arepas". I'll see if the same is true in El Arepazo when I go there.

Cool, I'll let you know if I'm ever up that way. I think I did have El Gordo Ex marked on Yelp for a future try...
That's pretty bullshit about the "trademarking arepa" thing...

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Feinne posted:

I mean you can't make this poo poo up when he's comparing himself to Gaddafi as far as 'maintaining order and stability'.

Also pretty ballsy to remind people that you can in fact just jam a bayonet up your rear end in a top hat dictator's rear end.

That is Greek tragedy levels of hubris / tempting fate.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Bob le Moche posted:

Yes I literally believe that every single person who opposes the government is directly taking orders from the CIA and that the Venezuelan national guard never uses violence against protesters. This is a completely accurate and believable characterization of my position that totally makes you look like a serious person who is generally correct about things.

Glad we cleared that up, then. Read the loving thread and learn something before you shitpost again.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

That's hilarious!
Is that site the equivalent of The Onion or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Blue Nation posted:

I once was a (miembro de mesa electoral-someone else properly translate this for me) for the legal National Assembly elections

This is from ages ago, but: "member of the electoral board" (or "member of the board of elections" - the term varies from place to place in the US, at least)