Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The carrier in venezuelan waters is called "puerto rico"

Staging an invasion of venezuela might finally get the US to repair puerto rican infrastructure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Giggle Goose posted:

So the fact that he apparently believes and espouses an idea that is completely counter to the historical record not bother you?

As a fan of Boots Riley's work, I can see how it would be bothersome if he were hired as a Chinese history professor or something like that, but part of growing up is learning to find value and camaraderie in people who believe silly or even objectively incorrect things. A majority of people around the world are religious, even today. Isaac Newton believed in alchemy. They still produce(d) great work.

Maybe the problem is that I don't quite see how Boots Riley's ideas about China are directly relevant to the ongoing crisis in Venezuela - can you elaborate on that? Is he the new opposition leader?

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 6, 2019

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

If someone's a Tienanmen Square truther, that is a valid reason to assume they might not actually know what they're talking about when it comes to Venezuela either. It's the same logical reason you shouldn't trust anything Bolton or Abrams says about Venezuela either.

I only saw someone posting a tweet where Boots Riley links to/screenshots some articles he didn't write, so I don't really see how Riley's credibility on any subject comes into the conversation.