Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Watch Maduro start a loving war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Rise above, man!

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

These women are the heroes. Not Chavez.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Are you seriously comparing a failing state like Venezuela with countries like Uruguay, Brazil or Argentina where you can actually not starve every day and have much better living conditions? :psyduck:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

poo poo's so hosed up it ain't funny not one bit.

Animals go hungry in Venezuela zoos due to shortages

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-36911231

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I'm pretty surprised El Chiguire wasn't censored by the government. Isn't that a possibility?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

On the 1st of September, don't forget: A LAS ARMAS, GENTE DE VENEZUELA :black101:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Stay safe y'all.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Age of the Atomic Mom posted:

I'm saying all this because despite me not being Venezuelan or having to deal directly with this, I'm just so tired and miserable about the country. I guess I just needed to vent a bit. But I'm astounded how willfully awful the PSUV is and letting citizens die for nothing. I'm glad (as far as I can tell?) almost all Venegoons here have gotten out. It's brutal to leave your country. I've been trying to convince my friend to leave for ages and he too didn't want to leave his home. But I feel like it's finally going to happen and I just needed to express that to someone somewhere who could relate.

I feel you. All this stuff happening in Venezuela scares the poo poo out of me because I can vividly see it happening here in Brazil as well, and possibly in the near future. Venezuela used to have so much better living conditions than where I live and everything there went to poo poo in a couple of years. It's just terrifying.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Ask for some air-dropped MRE rations. Better than mangoes everyday and some even have candy (although probably long expired).

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Venezuela is just heralding the status quo of 21st century.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

In a country like Venezuela I guess I'd rather go to a military prison than a civilian one. Big time.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Maduro deserves to go through some severe beating and have a stick inserted into his anus just like they did with Gaddafi when he was captured by Libyan rebels back in 2011.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Yep, things are borderline civil war by now. loving stay safe, venegoons.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I just checked Carlos Latuff's twitter today and gee I wonder why he's so quiet about the situation in Venezuela.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

What's worse? The current situation or these conservative zealots taking over? What a hosed up situation...
EDIT: Obviously the current situation, but those guys calling themselves "soldados de Diós" doesn't sound good one bit.

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 28, 2017

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCTMvFimjV4&hd=1

What the gently caress.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Let's stop giving a gently caress to that silly fella, shall we

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

This is loving AGGRAVATING

Goddamn sons of bitches seriously. I'm sick on my stomach seeing this and having to endure people supporting that sorete mal cagado called Maduro

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Brazil's government doesn't seem to be giving a gently caress about it. I personally think it's unnerving and revolting that such a situation is going on in the same continent.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

You don't have to apologize for anything. You're doing a huge service by letting us know what's going on. Thank you so much.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

So it seems like the opposition has summoned a 2-day strike starting Wednesday. My friend read about it in Zero Hora and there weren't many details.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Labradoodle posted:

I'm 95% sure they're also letting the rest of the employees leave voluntarily, according to a Reuters tweet I say, but I'm too lazy to look it up. I suppose that's a notch below poo poo hitting the fan.

There's a lot of dread alright. I haven't had any blackouts hit me so far, but the Avianca poo poo and the impending Constitutional Assembly are pretty nerve-wracking. According to Bocaranda, the president of the INAC (the body that regulates civilian flights) traveled to Colombia to talk with the Avianca people and he tried to threaten them, which only pushed them to hasten their departure. The idiot is a Chavista military man, so it's completely within character that he'd think civilian companies are subordinated to him. I'm just crossing my fingers there are still flights left when I leave before the end of the year.

As for the Constituent, I'm not sure what to expect. The government won't back down at this stage so the MUD will probably continue to escalate protests. At some point, we'll probably start seeing mass looting in Caracas, which is when I think we'll know that poo poo really hit the fan.

Godfuckingdamnit stay safe, you and any venegoons still left in there. poo poo looks grim.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Thug Lessons posted:

I feel like I'm winning this argument because neither you nor anyone else is making any sort of positive argument about how right-wing economic policies, which necessarily include cutting support for the most vulnerable people here, are going to solve this.

Are/were you in Venezuela recently?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

They're not even subtle. gently caress this poo poo, man.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Bob le Moche posted:

It's relevant to getting an understanding of the situation if it's what people believe and what motivates their actions. It's relevant if this is the picture of Lopez that people who support his arrest have, no matter if they've been fed it by propaganda, or it's not proper legal justification, or whatever, because it *is* a factor in understanding what is going on! (beyond "PSUV is just craaazy") By systematically leaving out of your reporting any allusion to any narrative out there that makes the opposition look bad, and reacting super defensively when someone asks you why you did so, you run the risk of being the one who comes off as a propaganda mouthpiece to anyone who doesn't already agree with you. People who've been reading this thread were confused about why they were hearing about someone being set on fire, and other things that were never mentioned in pro-opposition outlets or acts of violence by the opposition. They genuinely believed it was made up of whole cloth by crazy people because they trusted you to have told them about it otherwise.
When you paint a heroic picture of this Lopez guy, and people later find out about his role in the 2002 coup or whatever, it should be expected that they wonder why you omitted that detail, feel like you've been manipulative with them, and lose trust in your reporting.

:ironicat:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

LMAO

Brazilians won't get off the loving couch not even to poo poo

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

tekz posted:

Temer has a lower approval rating than even Maduro, periodic riots, judicial collusion with the right wing, gutting labour laws back to the 19th century, etc. Seems like a shitstorm's coming.

You're pretty much correct expect for the riots. You can't even compare to what's happening in Venezuela, seriously. And things won't change around here for the next few decades, being optimistic.

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 17, 2017

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Chuck Boone posted:

David Smilde wrote a quick piece with some thoughts on the sanctions. It's definitely worth a read.

I got this video on WhatsApp earlier today. It shows civilians getting outfitted to participate in the military drills that are taking place this weekend. You can tell that the elderly people getting rifles shoved in their faces by abrasive soldiers are really happy to have volunteered completely out of their own free will and not at all pressured in any way to participate in this thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsj0hiZYWQ8

I'm the sudden midget passing through

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Maduro's creating a new cryptocurrency for Venezuela. :shrug:

http://www.elmundo.es/internacional/2017/12/03/5a24553922601d8a298b461b.html

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

That attorney general acts just like a neonazi thug. Promptly resorts to physical violence.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Good job, government. You created a martyr.

JohnGalt posted:

I was rooting for him to be the President of the next government. Any news about the reaction around the country?

He comes across as a wacko nationalist to me, but yeah, probably better than the current gov

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Celexi posted:

A few posts back I was wondering why the influx was going to Columbia instead of Brazil when they closed the border as it was harder to cross to Columbia, seems like someone read my post and printed it in a newspaper.

Sorry about that Brazilians

Don't be. Even though Brazil isn't nowhere close to being able to shelter and manage refugees, I'd do the same

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Wow I remember reading those first posts from the old thread back when I was just a lurker. How clueless and stupid those people were back then. I feel sorry for Hugoon Chavez for having to put up with all that bullshit and even get probated for saying his point of view.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Brazilian football team will be carrying its own food to Venezuela because the hotel ain't gonna have nothing, it seems. (In Portuguese)

https://gauchazh.clicrbs.com.br/esp...qobe2grtt0.html

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

khwarezm posted:

Wow, are there really people pining for the return of the Pedro's?

There's a considerable portion of the population wishing for military rule, so that's the least you should expect.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

I never said they were liars, just that any cohort of latin americans who speak english are going to be drawn disproportionately from the ranks of the elite who would absolutely have a problem with PSUV and chavismo. You might as well ask light skinned brazilians how they feel about lula and bolsa familia.

I'm a light-skinned Brazilian who struggles economically (although not as much as many dark-skinned ones) and I think Bolsa Família and the improvement of quality of life for the low-class families are some of the best things that ever happened in this country.

gently caress off.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Posting Telesur's bullshit in this thread should be a bannable offense ffs

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Reminder:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Just a random loser babbling crap on Facebook.