Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Hugoon Chavez posted:

She has been kidnapped and her home broken into twice in the past year!

And she's OK? Are they very courteous kidnappers in Venezuela? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

When you and Hugoon say "lynching" do you mean vigilante murders in general, or literally hanging from trees? Not that there's much difference in outcome, I suppose...

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Hugoon Chavez posted:

edit: Seven Elbows, Raven's Blanket and The Mun-rah are stand outs, too.

What is el munra?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

gobbagool posted:

Oil prices aren't going back to $100/bbl any time soon, if at all.

Do you think there is literally infinite oil out there to be extracted? :psyduck:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Saladman posted:

Has anyone actually helped the PSUV recently? It seems they're just not saying anything against them, rather than supporting them in any way besides buying their oil. It seems more like a Kitty Genovese situation.

Most of the Latin American countries are asleep at 3am, one called out and stopped the first assault on Venezuela, the second assault happened inside a stairwell with only one witness, and even still two people called the police in the days before 911 when you had to know and dial your specific precinct number? Yes, the situations are very similar. :ironicat:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Chuck Boone posted:

Diosdado Cabello...
Is his name "god-given hair"? :stare:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Chuck Boone posted:

In a bit of good news, my mom's cousin's husband was released from captivity yesterday. He was kidnapped about 55 days ago on his way to work. The kidnappers originally demanded $500,000 for his release, which I think is just a bargaining tactic because who has $500,000? I'm not sure how much my mom's cousin paid, but her husband is home safe.

Maybe they just set the ransom in Bolívares and waited a couple months until inflation brought it down to a reasonable amount :v:

:sigh:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Scaramouche posted:

It'll be okay if they don't March in step

This is literally the reason soldiers break step when crossing bridges, by the way.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

A big flaming stink posted:

alternatively, they'll get their rear end thrown in prison for the next decade

Why not go for gold? Mandela was in prison for 36 years...

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Russian state oil company may take control of Citgo

Oh, Venezuela-chan :allears:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Horns of Hattin posted:

Wow, what a dramatic intensification of class struggle. Either the petit bourgeoisie middle class will be destroyed once and for all or the Venezuelan lower classes will be in for a lot of suffering.

¿Por qué no los dos?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Chuck Boone posted:

Diosdado Cabello was on TV and said that Bracho was killed by the opposition. Just as he did after the death of Juan Pernalete on April 26, Cabello said that Bracho couldn't have been killed by authorities because there were none in Las Mercedes at the time. Cabello was lying when he said that about Pernalete and he is lying now. Cabello even said that the chief of a police agency told him that Braco and Pernalete looked similar, and that it's possible that the opposition is "looking for young people with those [physical characteristics]" to kill them for some reason. No, I am not joking, Cabello actually said that on television and I am now just a bit deader inside.

So this guy is basically Trump without the business background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Discendo Vox posted:

This chart also has that problem to a lesser degree, but it will be a problem across the board given the underlying trajectory. Note the more visible downward move in 2012.

Honestly any hyperinflation chart should be plotted on a logarithmic scale.