Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Gimmick Account posted:

Sooo... Are you just going to leave us all hanging in regard that promised and supposedly amazing Wizard/Master dialogue? :)

It'll be when I can get Junos or Zarin to hold a game open for me so I can do all of that recording :v:.

W.T. Fits posted:

As far as I'm aware, the only class where the conversations for this part differ based on the player's gender is the Crusader.

According to the In-game achievement tracker, that is correct, I forgot to check that out before we recorded that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

...CORRUPTION

Thanks, Blizzard, we never saw that one coming

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly if they do a Diablo IV and keep all the acts on the level of Reaper of Souls it would be a pretty cool game.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Crazy Achmed posted:

...CORRUPTION

Thanks, Blizzard, we never saw that one coming

But there wasn't any? Like Mael is less corrupted and more decided the world was poo poo and that humans are demon enough to deserve the torch too. He's not corrupted he's just a grown rear end man doing that thing teenagers do when they realize the world is full of bad poo poo, but haven't come to grips with it yet.

Except he's an avatar of death so he does more than obnoxiously whine about stuff and pretending it makes him enlightened.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FoolyCharged posted:

But there wasn't any? Like Mael is less corrupted and more decided the world was poo poo and that humans are demon enough to deserve the torch too. He's not corrupted he's just a grown rear end man doing that thing teenagers do when they realize the world is full of bad poo poo, but haven't come to grips with it yet.

Except he's an avatar of death so he does more than obnoxiously whine about stuff and pretending it makes him enlightened.

Reaper of Souls in general is Blizzard realizing they wrote themselves into a corner with a happy and satisfactory ending to the series, and deciding that they needed to sell more games. While I appreciate how well done the expansion is, it also frustrates me a lot with how ham-handed it is about hitting the reset button.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Yeah, I wasn't talking about Malthael, but about the bit in the ending movie where they drop the line "isn't the PC great for saving the world and stuff, but we're all hosed if she gives into CORRUPTION". I guess it's a big part of the overarching themes of the Diablo games, but hell, does Blizzard use this idea a lot.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Crazy Achmed posted:

Yeah, I wasn't talking about Malthael, but about the bit in the ending movie where they drop the line "isn't the PC great for saving the world and stuff, but we're all hosed if she gives into CORRUPTION". I guess it's a big part of the overarching themes of the Diablo games, but hell, does Blizzard use this idea a lot.
It's pretty much Chris Metzen's most beloved plot point, so I'm afraid that we'll get a big dollop of CORRUPTION once an eventual expansion or sequel hits.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Sylphosaurus posted:

It's pretty much Chris Metzen's most beloved plot point, so I'm afraid that we'll get a big dollop of CORRUPTION once an eventual expansion or sequel hits.

It's me. I corrupted the thread by posting. Again.

For real though, we just recorded again, so hopefully it'll be pretty regular from now on :shobon:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sylphosaurus posted:

As of WoW: Legion, REDEMPTION is increasingly his second-favorite plot point.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

:siren: New Update :siren:

Videos:

Episode #22 (Commentary) and No Commentary

Lore:

Meliana's Memory
Raissa's Memory
Sibyl's Memory
The Grand Maester's Proclamation
Grand Maester's Journal

I lied, we had one more thing to wrap up before looking at Adventure mode.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Videos:

Episode #23
Act IV Beastiary
Act V Lore Books

Lore:
Our Delayed delving into Adventure mode begins.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Episode #24

We look at some more rifts and what "farming" ends up looking like in the game.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Episode #25

We take a look at Kanai's Cube. and the video I mention about the developer that the Cube was named after

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Just a small update for you fine folks still following this thread:

My motherboard bit the dust, so the last few updates are going to be postponed until I can access everything again :(

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Well that sucks. What is it with lps and hardware failure?

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

Well that sucks. What is it with lps and hardware failure?

the LP forum is cursed I tell ya! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Before you embark on a journey of LP, build two computers.

• Locked thread