Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I want there to be a game where you are scored more for setting up cool stuff to happen than pure completion of goals, like a wrestling game where your score is ultimately if you put on a good match or not, not whether you won or lost the match.
A game that rewards playing smoothly and cinematically more than it does not taking damage and beating the level fast; a game where you could still complete a level without achieving the specific goal depending on if you sold a good enough "performance".
Anyway feel free to post great game ideas you have had forever, or talk about this one, but if youre going to post ideas they should be more conceptual than like "a new die hard game" or "a universal monsters beat em up" because that is lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Logger

It's frogger but you're the logs in the river instead of the frov

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
What about a talking dog and you have to ask it questions or you gain points ... but instead of high scores the leader boards are low scores

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

monster hunter + bayonetta combat. send me the check in the mail nintendo :D

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Imagine the ability to drop Duke Nukem into any Xbox game.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

HORMELCHILI posted:

I want there to be a game where you are scored more for setting up cool stuff to happen than pure completion of goals, like a wrestling game where your score is ultimately if you put on a good match or not, not whether you won or lost the match.
A game that rewards playing smoothly and cinematically more than it does not taking damage and beating the level fast; a game where you could still complete a level without achieving the specific goal depending on if you sold a good enough "performance".
Anyway feel free to post great game ideas you have had forever, or talk about this one, but if youre going to post ideas they should be more conceptual than like "a new die hard game" or "a universal monsters beat em up" because that is lazy.

that's a good idea, that's how i play all games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Here's a great video game idea from many ages ago, which only recently has finally been embarked upon in 2 or 3 fashions but never quite as epically as it should be.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2797039

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

my idea

release mgsv early

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

HORMELCHILI posted:

yeah

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

"Then you get to work. It's your job to breed women for having sex with. It's a complex game where you have to choose only the best of the best. Or maybe you don't. Maybe you are a lazy man who's just pumping out whores. It's up to you. You choose when to ship them off around the world. You are gonna make a shitload of money breeding these sluts. Your also an immortal man. That way you can look over your company and people as they develop into strapping young women ripe for the loving of there Lives."

A Brilliant Mastermind, 2007

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a kojima metroid game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

"Then you get to work. It's your job to breed women for having sex with. It's a complex game where you have to choose only the best of the best. Or maybe you don't. Maybe you are a lazy man who's just pumping out whores. It's up to you. You choose when to ship them off around the world. You are gonna make a shitload of money breeding these sluts. Your also an immortal man. That way you can look over your company and people as they develop into strapping young women ripe for the loving of there Lives."

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Real hurthling! posted:

a kojima metroid game
Another M.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a platinum star fox game

wait, nintendo's already making that. god i loving love nintendo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bobnumerotres posted:

a platinum star fox game

the rumor was that they were just working on asset creation and not helping with game design or systems but i'm hopeful that that's wrong and i can zendatsu andross

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

the rumor was that they were just working on asset creation and not helping with game design or systems but i'm hopeful that that's wrong and i can zendatsu andross

thatd be weird considering one of the platinum dudes working on it was the director of bayonetta 2

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

A platformer where you are the platform

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Uncle Wemus posted:

like a side scrolling breakout?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Skifree with guns

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

I like this reversal of usual game ideas, like a tower defensey reverse beat em up would be really cool. You pick the guys to throw at the attackers, who would be like the main characters in a regular beat em up, maybe you level up your guys and unlock new types by base management/"drug dealer" type gameplay. At the end of a level theyve made it to the boss, weakened or not depending on how well you did, and you face the "main character" like a fighting game

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
black & white 3 , it would be like black & white 2 but slightly better

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Randomly procedural platform retro 8-bit roguelike with RPG elements.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
A jousting game where you are the horse and you need to balance your knight on the saddle to keep him from falling off.

It's also an MMO.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Isn't this Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, basically?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
a dating sim game where you try to seduce your heroin dealer so you end up trying to make as many trips to see them so you can flirt and build your relationship while also trying to mitigate the effects of your heroin use and try not to become addicted

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Swat 5 but you don't get punished for unloading on black civilians

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alpha Protocol where the gameplay is actually good.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Really terrible ideas, all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Alpha Protocol where the gameplay is actually good.
It comes out next week.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

It comes out next week.

You can shoot guns in Mario Maker????

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

you can put goombas inside of bullet bill launchers, the game has changed forever

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Bobnumerotres posted:

a platinum star fox game

the endgame of Wonderful 101 has a bunch of star fox segments, kamiya is a good man.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

If you get your reputation with Bowser high enough.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maple story 3

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

A gritty, hardcore version of an existing Nintendo IP.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Aston posted:

A gritty, hardcore version of an existing Nintendo IP.
Pikmin but the Pikmin are made of marijuana plants and cocaine plants and heroin plants and LSD plants.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
serious answer: shadow president 2

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

final fantasy beat em up starring gilgamesh made by platinum where you go to the different ff worlds and beat people up and steal their weapons. maybe some light rpg elements, maybe not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pikmin but the Pikmin are made of marijuana plants and cocaine plants and heroin plants and LSD plants.

• Locked thread