Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
A Sid meier's Pirates! remake with the mordor nemesis system. More games with the nemesis system in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i'm Trying ot imagine a game that's MGS5 but better, but I cna't

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Have you tried Mad Max yet?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mad Max looks like pure desperation to me. Why would anyone want to play another Far Cry 3 rip off when MGS5 is out.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

Mad Max looks like pure desperation to me. Why would anyone want to play another Far Cry 3 rip off when MGS5 is out.

I read a review where someone said MGSV is 'the best far cry game ever' and I tracked down his IP and murdered him.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the post is coming... from inside the house!!!!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

emoji posted:

Game of Thrones, but get this: the thrones are toilets and you blast big stinky poops into them

hmm that's still game of thrones, mate

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

This is kinda funny since mgs 5 has that tracking nonsense from far cry 3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Humphrey Vasel posted:

A Sid meier's Pirates! remake with the mordor nemesis system. More games with the nemesis system in general.

The nemesis system is extremely overhyped nonsense.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

The nemesis system is extremely overhyped nonsense.

It's a cool idea that I hope gets ripped off and improved.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what's the nemesis system
edit: ok i looked it up and it doesn't seem particularly revolutionary or anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's a cool idea that I hope gets ripped off and improved.

I've been hoping the same thing about the entirety of alpha protocol but nobody has done it yet, sadly

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ralp posted:

edit: ok i looked it up and it doesn't seem particularly revolutionary or anything

iit feels cooler in play than it sounds on paper. gives you a way to construct your own narratives in-game in a way that feels really organic and cool. the game around it kind of sucks real bad though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the nemesis system was fun until i got too powerful and never died again. the game had to find some orc from the very beginning of the game i forgot existed to be my nemesis in the final battle.

if you are the type to play with game systems you can selectively die to orcs to make them into worthy challengers and farm legendary items off them but otherwise it is just a fun little thing

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
How is the nemesis system going to work in any game where you aren't an immortal ghost dad anyways

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Robot Randy posted:

How is the nemesis system going to work in any game where you aren't an immortal ghost dad anyways

you could be like batman and the crooks could escape a bunch and gain gimmicks each time. but then they'd ruin it by making you too powerful again probably.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Robot Randy posted:

your nemesis is assumed to get away unless tyou track them down and definitely kill them. make nemesis harder to put down for good and give them more tricks to compensate and make them more interesting. or like establish a non-letjal way for guys to be beaten, like in a batman game you could send them to arkham or something when you capture them but they can escape unless you take down their gang or some poo poo. bunch of ways to do the nemesis system in other settings

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

you could be like batman and the crooks could escape a bunch and gain gimmicks each time. but then they'd ruin it by making you too powerful again probably.

yeah what this guy said

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ralp posted:

You have to play it to realise why it's cool.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ssx3 had a nemesis system

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You have to play it to realise why it's cool.

Maybe that's why I think it's lame...I've seen a video but it doesn't really seem that interesting.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

imagine if in mgsv people you didnt kill or extract would sometimes be lurking around a different outpost you were infiltrating, also imagine being about to finish an S-Rank job in an outpost, when a commander you couldnt neutralize two hours ago shows up in an apc with an armored platoon, screams your name, and starts coming straight for you

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

imagine if in mgsv people you didnt kill or extract would sometimes be lurking around a different outpost you were infiltrating, also imagine being about to finish an S-Rank job in an outpost, when a commander you couldnt neutralize two hours ago shows up in an apc with an armored platoon, screams your name, and starts coming straight for you
They don't know your name because you infiltrated.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

They don't know your name because you infiltrated.

I'm the legendary Boss.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I wa------WebKitFormBoundaryPHuRTUBt3MvvxZjn
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="action"

postreply

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

I wa------WebKitFormBoundaryPHuRTUBt3MvvxZjn
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="action"

postreply

lmao what the gently caress. what I posted was: I want a new Metroid Prime with the nemesis system. Both for space pirates and monsters.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Oregon trail with the nemesis system

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SeXReX posted:

(renegade option) hire a native guide to make them ford the wrong part of the river

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Eugh.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Shadows of Mordor rocks hard but it's too easy so there's not much more to it after 20 hours

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

SeXReX posted:

so from the perspective of the indians?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
fallout on the fox engine

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Snatcher Remake done like D4.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

More games about loving!!!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

net cafe scandal posted:

what if david cage made another zomb ie sex game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Eh. I'd rather have more games about meeting.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Eh. I'd rather have more games about meeting.

A "dating" sim where you're trying to pick up a one night stand at the bar and some dialog options are locked out when you're not drunk enough to be that open, others are chosen for you when your too drunk not to make an rear end of yourself.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Recettear but you run a bar and have to come up with novelty drinks, and eventually book shows when you expand.

There are running plotlines between patrons and you can fix their problems using your wisdom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Doctor Goat posted:

Recettear but you run a bar and have to come up with novelty drinks, and eventually book shows when you expand.

There are running plotlines between patrons and you can fix their problems using your wisdom.

I would give this 10 dollars on kickstarter

are there ARPG sequences where you try and get drink ingredients?

• Locked thread