Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Really interesting thread with pictures of an old kitchen. Fascinating since you refuse to break in and get more pics and look through stuff. Riveting poo poo. Retard.

I apologize for not breaking and entering into a house for your entertainment, A CRUNK BIRD.

If I don't hear back within a couple of days about her whereabouts, I'll go to the police to make sure she hasn't passed away in her home. I'm hoping to hear back that she's happily residing in a nursing home and I hope to visit her if she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

How did someone latch both doors shut from the inside and get out again? I'm betting on a body inside.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Boinks posted:

How did someone latch both doors shut from the inside and get out again? I'm betting on a body inside.

My guess is that the front door was latched shut from the outside for some reason. (Why would you need to do that if the front door is properly locked?)

Back door latched (but not closed), then front screen door latched from the outside through the hole in the screen and latched again with the nail on a string.

Aug 4, 2010

:siren: dead body alert :siren:

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
serious though this will be anticlimatic so please can we at least get to th bottom of this:

OP is this all an elaborate scare ruse

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Nessa posted:

I apologize for not breaking and entering into a house for your entertainment, A CRUNK BIRD.

If I don't hear back within a couple of days about her whereabouts, I'll go to the police to make sure she hasn't passed away in her home. I'm hoping to hear back that she's happily residing in a nursing home and I hope to visit her if she is.

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

les fleurs du mall posted:

serious though this will be anticlimatic so please can we at least get to th bottom of this:

Someone edited that in you retard. His original post didn't have that face

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
There's a cool old abandoned house so I called the cops. The mother fackin SA Goons will 5 this for sure

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Someone edited that in you retard. His original post didn't have that face

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Have you asked any of the next door neighbors, or across the street?

I saw mention of a work crew next door, but that was it.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

This is actually a good thread and I look forward to more info. Keep it up op!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

les fleurs du mall posted:

holey meoly

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
willikers! why aren't you in there right now tokin a doob and lookin for specters!!?? this is a bit of a letdown bud :(

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i mean christ, at least come back with a video of you chillin on the deck with some big honkin candles and a ouija board communin with devils and witches!!!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Update!

I got an email from her lawyer saying that Muriel is living in a retirement home and that the house is vacant. He said that the house is unliveable, even with substantial renovations. There have been some prospective buyers in the past, but the lawyer feels it would have to be sold for lot value only.

I said it was sad to hear that the place is unliveable and unable to be restored. I also asked permission to take photos of the interior, accompanied by someone who could lock up the house.

So... no dead bodies. I'm still hoping to do a photo adventure though.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Gatekeeper posted:

i mean christ, at least come back with a video of you chillin on the deck with some big honkin candles and a ouija board communin with devils and witches!!!

It would be a really killer place for a Halloween party, that's for sure.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Nessa posted:

Update!

you don't know this yet

be sure to hit the attic/basement because there might be some old antique poo poo that could turn out to be super valuable

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Nessa posted:

Update!

I got an email from her lawyer saying that Muriel is living in a retirement home and that the house is vacant. He said that the house is unliveable, even with substantial renovations. There have been some prospective buyers in the past, but the lawyer feels it would have to be sold for lot value only.

I said it was sad to hear that the place is unliveable and unable to be restored. I also asked permission to take photos of the interior, accompanied by someone who could lock up the house.

Bring her flowers in the home, if she is senile you could even be her ace fighter jock brother!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

EX250 Type R posted:

Bring her flowers in the home, if she is senile you could even be her ace fighter jock brother!

I may still pay a visit and bring her flowers. I think she's a very interesting old lady. :)

Though I don't think I'd be able pass myself off as her brother, unless her brother was 5 foot 3, had boobs and was a woman.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nessa posted:

I may still pay a visit and bring her flowers. I think she's a very interesting old lady. :)

Though I don't think I'd be able pass myself off as her brother, unless her brother was 5 foot 3, had boobs and was a woman.

Knock her glasses off the nightstand onto the floor and then say that she's already wearing her glasses.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Hello old lady! I saw your house and now I'm visiting you! "

Canadians are just the nicest weirdest people.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Nessa posted:

It would be a really killer place for a Halloween party, that's for sure.

You can totally use that place as a party house. They don't give a poo poo, it's a tear-down anyway.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is actually really sweet. You're all excellent to each other.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Nessa posted:

wear lifts and a binder.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

get in there and claim it before some vampires show up and turn it into a den, that place is a primo vamp-nest and you need to fumigate the place with a bleezy or three and make it your own

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Nessa posted:

With senile people, you might not get a choice

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

trust me i spent the summer defending an abandoned house from neighborhood fangs and it was nowhere near as cool as that joint, get in there and dome out the motherfucker PRONTO

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Did you read the article that was written about her? She seems like a really cool lady!

The article even mentioned she used to visit elderly people in the hospital and bring them flowers to brighten up their day, so I may do the same. If I get permission to take photos in the house, it would be a nice way to thank her. :)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
This better be a slow burn up to Halloween. Op. Op!!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

My friends sister who practices law in Minnesota (which is basically just southern Canada, so it is cool) said it is totally okay for you to go in and walk around, or have a party, or just move in as long as you get more pictures. I mean I don't know myself but she is probably right.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Just eat a yogurt while you do it. Fruit on bottom, unmixed.

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
No corpse. voted 1.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
you should cum inside of the house

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
OP discovers complete manuscripts for all six volumes in the To Kill A Mockingbird saga.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Nessa posted:

Update!

This is really great.

At least you know you shouldn't be surprising anyone if you send a remote control camera in if you don't get permission to enter.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

a bone to pick posted:

you should cum inside of the house

jizz through the crack in the door

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

did u really break into some house for the internet or whats the deal here

2spoopy4me

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
TWIST: OP is the old lady, and is actually super-bored.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Nessa posted:

I went back today to do just that.

I attempted to open the screen door out front again, but this time I realized why it wouldn't open.

It was latched on the inside.

Though it is also latched from the outside by a nail on a piece of string. I can only presume these other latches were closed from the outside with someone sticking their hand through the giant hole in the screen.

I then went around back to knock. Looking in the window, things are exactly the same as before.

These are the branches you have to get under the access the back door.

I checked the mail box and none had been taken yet, but an Anglican newspaper was recently left. It seems likely that someone comes by every couple weeks and takes the mail, or else the box would be overflowing by now.

Still no news from the lady who said she would get back to me.

Both entrances are latched, that means either shes dead inside or someone is living there. Do a wellness check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Nessa posted:

Update!

I got an email from her lawyer saying that Muriel is living in a retirement home and that the house is vacant

oh good Also sad that shes in a retirement home. :smith:

• Locked thread