Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Tezzor posted:

Lol, kid death. Not as serious and important as my toy selection

No, you see owning toys that kill people is completely equivalent to swimming lessons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

various cheeses posted:

I can't believe you guys are comparing illegally running guns to Mexico with something a despicable as supporting Hillary.

Feel the Bern, comrade

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Well I'd say I'd be happy to give some away, but my .22 is probably my favorite gun I own because it's great for when I just want to plink away at some cans or a target and don't want to need to wear ear protection or feel like I'm just pissing money down the drain. I'd actually like to buy another .22 just so I have something else to shoot it with (preferably a pistol, I know they make them), but I cant justify spending money on a gun after buying a house.

You should probably wear ear protection when shooting standard velocity .22lr without a suppressor.

e: hearing protection can be fun! Get electronic ones because they give you super hearing.

http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-Impact-Electric-Earmuff/dp/B001T7QJ9O/

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SedanChair posted:

You should probably wear ear protection when shooting standard velocity .22lr without a suppressor.

e: hearing protection can be fun! Get electronic ones because they give you super hearing.

http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-Impact-Electric-Earmuff/dp/B001T7QJ9O/

I do if I'm gonna do more than fire off a dozen or so rounds. I know I should always use hearing protection regardless but :effort:

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 30, 2015

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

if you polled a thousand people carrying Clinton 2016 placards at a Clinton campaign rally and only 55% supported her, that probably would not be indicative that Hillary has 55% support nationwide.

There is as far as I can tell zero evidence that they only test guns that they think are from the US aside from the unsubstantiated claims of guys so desperate to dispute anything that makes their guns look bad they've managed to convince themselves that most of the guns in country x don't come from country y despite their large porous border with established criminal smuggling and the fact that country y has a quadrillion easily purchased or stolen firearms

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Who What Now posted:

I do if I'm gonna do more than fire off a dozen or so rounds. I know I should always use hearing protection regardless but :effort:

Your guns should taken from you and your children made to weep like beggars in the streets.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Who What Now posted:

it really sucks to be deaf at 50 fyi

i'll hang out in a cloud of smoke and zinc vapors all day but anything gets louder than like hammering nails I'm putting muffs on

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah, that two or three times I take out my guns to fire and clean them is sure playing hell on my ears* :rolleyes:

*It is playing hell on my ears

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
If I ever start my own Mother Base I will call it Gun Home.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Yeah, that two or three times I take out my guns to fire and clean them is sure playing hell on my ears* :rolleyes:

*It is playing hell on my ears

According to this study, Vitamin E may help for hearing loss: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17851951

also lol that it's Vitamin EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Volcott posted:

Phantom Pain releases this Tuesday and I am rock. loving. HARD. in anticipation.

Almost as hard as Big Boss was in this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sTgRA2BlZs

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I too am looking forward to thing.

Volcott fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 30, 2015

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
I too cannot wait for Infodump: The Game 2015

Volcott posted:

thread title makes me think of this http://www.dorkly.com/video/58404/gun-home

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Sedan Chair, you're alright.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

That is quite compelling evidence to support your assertion.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tezzor posted:

There is as far as I can tell

because you are an abject idiot.

Here, allow me to provide the scientific proof.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 31, 2015

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
I mean, let's be totally fair. Going around armed may seem like a combination of paranoia and hatred to you, but the typical gun nut has soft, butter-like bones. A light slap stands a good chance of shearing their face off.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I think guns are extremely cool and the more home intruders that get met with a face full of buckshot the better.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fog Tripper posted:

That is quite compelling evidence to support your assertion.

Oh man, I haven't provided any APA compliant citations for my completely serious claim in this, the most serious of all threads here in Debate and Discussion: The Problem Attic on the Something Awful dot com Forums. Truly I am ashamed.

lfield
May 10, 2008
why is it even under contention that lots of guns from the US end up in mexico? the US has a lot of guns and the border isn't exactly airtight

if you track 1/4 of the seized guns and the vast majority come from the states then that's a lot even if that 1/4 was a massive statistical outlier and the other 3/4 came from elsewhere

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

lfield posted:

why is it even under contention that lots of guns from the US end up in mexico? the US has a lot of guns and the border isn't exactly airtight

if you track 1/4 of the seized guns and the vast majority come from the states then that's a lot even if that 1/4 was a massive statistical outlier and the other 3/4 came from elsewhere

Argument is war, and that proposition is a metaphorical siege by literal Nazis of a metaphorical Bastogne.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

DeusExMachinima posted:

I too cannot wait for Infodump: The Game 2015

thread title makes me think of this http://www.dorkly.com/video/58404/gun-home

Hahaha I knew that sounded familiar.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
i think more women and people of color should have guns and less white men

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Your Weird Uncle posted:

:agreed:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Your Weird Uncle posted:

Add in gays and other gender/sexual minorities and I think I can get onboard.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Gays need to do their part to even things out and start buying guns.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Add in gays and other gender/sexual minorities and I think I can get onboard.

Volcott posted:

Gays need to do their part to even things out and start buying guns.

I'm working as hard as I can at it. Give me time. (Also money.)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LeJackal posted:

All gays need guns. Except you. You need a straightjacket.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Who What Now posted:

All gays need guns. Except you. You need a straightjacket.

I've got two already, one in classic canvas and one in leather. This is why I need your money to help shore up my gun budget.

Amazing how 'tolerant' people are for tame gays that conform to their heteronormative expectations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LeJackal posted:

I've got two already, one in classic canvas and one in leather. This is why I need your money to help shore up my gun budget.

Amazing how 'tolerant' people are for tame gays that conform to their heteronormative expectations.

Making a loooooooooot of assumptions here, buddy.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Making a loooooooooot of assumptions here, buddy.

Posting to yourself again? This is a forum, not your personal diary.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I'm anti-knowing about your straightjacket fetish.

LeJackal posted:

Buy Lorcins.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

LeJackal posted:

Being masc isn't busting heteronormativity.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it really sucks to be deaf at 50 fyi

i'll hang out in a cloud of smoke and zinc vapors all day but anything gets louder than like hammering nails I'm putting muffs on

also sucks to be dead but that hasn't stopped gun enthusiasts either

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

also sucks to be dead but that hasn't stopped gun enthusiasts either

actually when you are dead, you stop doing a lot of things hth

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm sorta half serious, I think it'd be a great idea if we banned all handguns and permitted rifles only (hunting, assault, battle, anti-materiel, whatever)

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm sorta half serious, I think it'd be a great idea if we banned all handguns and permitted rifles only (hunting, assault, battle, anti-materiel, whatever)

Yes. History has shown that banning a thing results in a net positive.
It is a great idea.

Do me a favor. List those rifle types in order of lethality for me. You can add in handguns for shits and giggles.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 31, 2015

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Tezzor posted:

There is as far as I can tell zero evidence that they only test guns that they think are from the US aside from the unsubstantiated claims of guys so desperate to dispute anything that makes their guns look bad they've managed to convince themselves that most of the guns in country x don't come from country y despite their large porous border with established criminal smuggling and the fact that country y has a quadrillion easily purchased or stolen firearms

Stating the M16 you stole from the Mexican police/army arms room came from the US is technically correct, but irrelevant to the argument being made.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Fog Tripper posted:

Yes. History has shown that banning a thing results in a net positive.
It is a great idea.

Do me a favor. List those rifle types in order of lethality for me. You can add in handguns for shits and giggles.

People die when they are killed.

That last one might cause more property damage though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I'm picturing all these guys in the states with their gun collections and how dismissive everyone would (rightfully) be if they were all katanas and it's making me laugh

• Locked thread