Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/reflectoronline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Who What Now posted:

What did autistic people obsess over before the invention of guns and trains?
fletching and mules

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

raven4267 posted:

The problem of comparing gun crime in the U.S. as a whole to gun crime in other countries is that the U.S. is basically a collection of small countries that have widely different cultures, laws, crime rates, and gun ownership. Looking at the data, there has to be a factor besides the amount of guns that are owned by the population that causes high rates of gun deaths. Some of the states in the U.S. with the highest rates of gun ownership also have below average rates of murder by guns. Some states have gun murder rates that are below other countries who have much stricter gun control than the U.S., while having much higher rates of ownership of firearms.

Washington D.C. has the lowest rate of firearm ownership in the country while having one of the highest rates of gun murders. I don't have the hard data, but I am sure other urban areas such as Chicago have similar figures. Banning guns for the 99.9% of the population in the U.S. who can own and use a gun responsibly will not solve the problems of the urban areas in this country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state

I live in a high crime urban area and I will not give up any of my guns no matter what law is passed. I don't feel safe in my neighborhood even with my guns, but I definitely won't feel any more safe if the gun grabbers get their wish to take away my guns. My other law abiding neighbors feel exactly the same way I do. The people in the area that I live in who are responsible for most of the crime don't care what gun laws are passed, and would actually support taking away the guns from law abiding citizens. Criminals #1 fear is not the police or anything else, it is a potential target who is armed. Even if it were possible to get rid of every single gun (legal and illegal) in this country, it would not solve the underlying problem of urban crime. I would actually feel less safe, because it then would come down to the individual strength of the criminal and victim. When I am at work, I feel much better that my wife would not have to physically fend off a violent person who potentially has much more strength and the ability to do violence to another human than she does.

The firearms that I own have only 1 purpose, to stop or kill another human being who wishes to do harm to me or my family. I am under no illusion about this fact, and will not argue that I only own guns to shoot paper or anything else. I am not some Rambo or an internet tough guy. I am a non-violent law abiding person that has never done any harm to an innocent person and I want to live out my life with my wife and my daughter in peace. The last thing I ever want to do is use one of my guns to harm somebody else, but if it comes down to it, I will not hesitate to use my firearms to protect my wife or my 2 year old daughter. It makes me very upset that people who have no idea what it is like to live in a high crime urban area wishes to take away my ability to defend my family. During my life time, I have been the victim of many crimes, including violent crime. The police have not been any help to me, and the perpetrators of these crimes against me have never even been caught.

Anti-gunners sit up on their high horse but they have no idea what it is like to live with this on a daily basis. I don't have the financial means to move to a safer area currently. If anyone who wishes to take my guns away would like to donate to this cause, they are more than welcome too. Also, don't tell me that nobody is going to take my guns, there are a large number of people who would like nothing better than to do this very thing. People who want to pass ineffectual gun control such as assault weapons bans and standard capacity magazine bans are only interested in completely banning guns, and are using the death by a thousand cuts strategy to achieve this goal.

I used to vote democrat, but now I am now a card carrying Republican. You can call me a single issue voter all you want. I support traditionally liberal policies such as gay marriage, abortion rights, etc., but none of these things do me any good living in an area where my only means of protection against people who wish to do my family harm is either me or my wife's physical strength, or our firearms. As I already stated earlier, the police are completely useless in protecting my family, or even finding the people who do harm to me and my family. All I could realistically hope for is if a crime committed against my family is heinous enough, it might actually motivate the police to seriously investigate and hopefully find the people responsible. I am unwilling to put my families safety in the hands of a police force who does not even give a poo poo.
That's a whole lot of words to say that you're afraid of the blacks.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

raven4267 posted:

gently caress you I am black you racist piece of poo poo. Why don't you try debating my points instead of posting racist quips.
You do realize the republicans don't want you to have a gun.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I've found that most gun owners don't actually fantasize about killing intruders late at night, but their children from their shell of a loveless marriage. Replace "intruder" with "that stupid poo poo who takes after their mother/father who doesn't understand my guns."

Hope you follow your curfew honey! If you don't show up on time I'll be waiting by the door expecting your rapist to break in using your keys.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Criminals generally don't like to kill folk as that usually results in police making at least some attempt to stop them from being criminals. They are also, by definition of being criminals, not using guns legally.

Mentally ill people like to buy guns legally and shoot up people they know.

Hope this helps Raven! I also live in a high crime area where there have actually been two real life murders, one in park across my old apartment and one was on my walking path to work, a block away, in the past four years. I feel perfectly safe.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

NRA's new policy is when you're blowing away family members or other loved ones you need to utter under your breath a famous mass shooter.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Recently some owners have been using it on their family first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Photoshop tits on that so there's no ambiguity that you're aroused by it.

• Locked thread