Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

You would like the Nazi gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Does it require as much incessant cleaning as the Vietnam surplus M16s I've had the dubious pleasure of using? Hated the damned things.

Actually it was the stick gunpowder that causes them to jam because they retained moisture in the humid climate.

I heard that on the history channel.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm talking about desert conditions, so it's more the sand sticking in the oil and getting into everything.

The m16 is vintage though. It's like you pick it up and you can almost hear Hendrix and Jefferson Starship playing when you open fire.

C.M. Kruger posted:

That and because McNamara thought saving $1.50 a rifle by not chroming the internals and issuing cleaning kits was a good deal.

I forgot that part.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Who What Now posted:

Feel free to also post the most adorable guns you can find. Case in point:

It's like the wiener-dog of guns.

Isn't that the gun that Jack Nicholson used to shoot down the Batwing ?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volcott posted:

I mean, yes, that puts me at a disadvantage if someone tries to burgle me, but I live in the woods, not the inner city.

My mom got a man sized gun safe just so she had a place for the guns she inherited. And she doesn't let anyone else see them.

What are you hiding, mom?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Who What Now posted:

Guns are one of the most commonly stolen items from homes so there's basically no reason to ever have one in your house that isn't in a safe that's also in another, larger, safe.

And then wrap chains and a lock around that safe to complete the Looney Tunes gag.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

CommieGIR posted:

I prefer my nukes delivered via rocket.

How do we feel about rocket guns?

Not guns that shoot rockets but guns that shoot bullets that are propelled by miniature rockets like in You Only Live Twice.

What advantage do rocket bullets have over normal bullets?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volcott posted:

Warhammer is for nerds.

I don't see what's nerdy about a white man traveling to Japan to become Japanese and have an Asian waifu where he trains and assaults secret volcano bases with an army of ninjas.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Who What Now posted:

They are extremely well suited to killing the traitor, the xeno, and the heretic.

Edit

Nuh-uh

Can't believe a space wars game co-opted from my 1960s Bond movie. Regret bringing it up, jeez.

Maybe regular bullets are ok.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Who What Now posted:

Gyrojet rifles were a real thing, they didn't come from bond movies.

Just looked it up. Neat

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

tumblr.txt posted:

If all handguns disappeared it would have way way more of an impact than if all evil black death rifles disappeared. Makes u think.

Are there guns that shoot out the plague now? Seems an inefficient way to prevent home burglaries.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

various cheeses posted:

What is D&D's stance on mech control? Like should civilians be allowed the awesome power of a PPC or AC/20, or should there be regulations on anything more powerful than a medium laser? Should there be tonnage limits on mech ownership?

Literally entitled to as much as you can carry.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Institute a guns-for-katanas trade-in program, watch all gun goons suddenly reconsider their position.

I bought a sword in a shopping mall in NC once when I was much younger.

Easily my dumbest purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

point of return posted:

Especially because the majority of victims are the same person as the perpetrator.

The number of people who own guns has also been steadily dropping while gun sales have gone through the roof. Eventually you're just going to have a few thousand people whose homes are entirely filled with guns.
The problem should resolve itself down the line. When they stub their toe on an end table they'll lose about half of their guns and if they don't pick them up in time they disappear.

• Locked thread