Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lfield
May 10, 2008
The chance of a blanket ban on guns from either political party is incredibly low, and the chance you will have to use a gun to defend your home from invasion is also incredibly low. So discarding all your other supposed values & beliefs for a single issue that will in all likelihood not matter at all is pretty dumb!

Also, you're not black. C'mon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lfield
May 10, 2008
Debating gun laws is no longer possible. It's always just people venting their frustrations on the dumbest members of the opposing team they can find.

lfield
May 10, 2008
Everyone needs to stop bagging on raven4267. He's just a poor black pro-gay republican with 20 small children and a weak wife under constant threat of house invasion by gangs of roving bandits.

lfield
May 10, 2008

raven4267 posted:

So is this forum for debate and discussion, or just to attack and ridicule people who don't toe the line? I am a liar, a psychotic sociopath who can't wait to murder a nig I mean a criminal in cold blood, I am statistically more likely to beat up my wife, I am insane for planning for anything that doesn't happen to some people, and my kid is fat because I do fire drills. Did I miss anything? I am sure one of you will think of something. I like how my initial argument about gun violence by state and rate of ownership was completely ignored by everyone who disagrees with me owning a gun to protect my family.

Nobody read your initial argument because nobody cares. Everyone's just here to make fun of each other for being idiots. We're all idiots.

lfield
May 10, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

Basically, if you're trying to protect yourself from someone shooting you, buying a gun is the exact opposite of what you should do, since it greatly increases the chance of someone shooting you.

Maybe for all those other people, but not me. I'm really smart, a perfect shot and I never make any mistakes.

lfield
May 10, 2008
You don't need anyone else to justify your decisions, raven4267. If you think owning a gun is gonna make you safer then have at it.

Go nuts. Own the hell out of those guns.

lfield
May 10, 2008
It's not really fair to compare the USA to any other country on guns, because it, y'know, um. It's just not fair, is all.

lfield
May 10, 2008
Funny thing about the Zimmerman example is that the gun was probably the reason things escalated that far in the first place.

lfield
May 10, 2008
Concealed carry dudes who think in terms of good guys and bad guys are worrying.

lfield
May 10, 2008

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Don't you hate it when guns just "go off" for no reason? It's awful.

I think you missed the important part of that sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lfield
May 10, 2008
why is it even under contention that lots of guns from the US end up in mexico? the US has a lot of guns and the border isn't exactly airtight

if you track 1/4 of the seized guns and the vast majority come from the states then that's a lot even if that 1/4 was a massive statistical outlier and the other 3/4 came from elsewhere

• Locked thread