Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elman
Oct 26, 2009

tumblr.txt posted:

if people were trying to ban power tools without knowing the difference between a hammer and a drill you bet I'd rapidly shitpost about those as well.

Are people actually asking for a full ban? That'd be dumb.

I know poo poo all about cars, but I can still confidently say there needs to be a way to make sure people driving actually know how to drive and are capable of doing so safely. I'm sure without those controls a lot of people would still learn how to drive properly and be responsible about it, but it's best for society as a whole if we make sure that's really the case.

I also know poo poo all about weapons, but I do know the way things are now in the US criminals and crazy people can very easily get their hands on one, so you guys should try to do something about that. This doesn't mean banning guns, not even their use for self-defense, but it does mean some kind of control. You might even call it gun control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

Wait what if we have a total prohibition on being crazy that could stop other problems too.

Careful you might cut someone with that edge.

Seriously tho other countries seem to have this poo poo down maybe you should look into it or something I dunno

vvvvv I don't even mean guns, just the "crazy people exist, can't do anything about that" angle

Elman fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Aug 29, 2015

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Can someone acknowledge the fact that American petty criminals have easy access to guns, which makes both them and your cops way more dangerous than they should be? I find that more interesting than arguing about concealed carry or how we should BAN ALL THE GUNS.

So what's your solution here since gun control isn't on the table. Or is it just an acceptable side effect of The American Dream.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

That's cute, but no some random jackass robbing a family store to buy drugs isn't going to have a gun since a knife will suffice and they probably have no idea where to get one in the first place. They're not sold at Walmart you see.

I wonder how this would go in the US.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Powercrazy posted:

Well why aren't you out campaigning about the 30,000+ fatal car accidents per year then? Because obviously the licensing, insurance, etc, we have on vehicle ownership is insufficient.

Cause I don't live in America and arguing about a different country's laws is boring but mocking batshit insane nonsense is highly entertaining. I also enjoy US healthcare, workers' rights and Republicans in general (it's like they're political satire but they're for real, gotta love em).

Hope this clears things up

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Powercrazy posted:

So you are a misanthrope.

No, I'm against guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

various cheeses posted:

I can't believe you guys are comparing illegally running guns to Mexico with something a despicable as supporting Hillary.

Feel the Bern, comrade

• Locked thread