Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Guns are cool, but less cool when someone does a crime with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I'd really appreciate it if you guys could stop being mean to guns.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I keep my guns in a locked safe because I feel that's the responsible thing to do.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I mean, yes, that puts me at a disadvantage if someone tries to burgle me, but I live in the woods, not the inner city.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Guns are one of the most commonly stolen items from homes so there's basically no reason to ever have one in your house that isn't in a safe that's also in another, larger, safe.

One safe is fine as long as you bolt it to the floor.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Gravel Gravy posted:

How do we feel about rocket guns?

Not guns that shoot rockets but guns that shoot bullets that are propelled by miniature rockets like in You Only Live Twice.

What advantage do rocket bullets have over normal bullets?

Warhammer is for nerds.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Who What Now posted:

The top one's function is to shoot [X] number of times before needing to reload.
The bottom one's function is to shoot [Y] number of times before needing to reload. Technically they are merely functionally similar, not the same.
:goonsay:

I don't follow.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

katlington posted:

I already addressed that.

Your proposals are dumb and you are a butt.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

katlington posted:

It's not my idea, that's how it's done already.

e: just to be clear, I did not invent the concepts of semi-automatic and automatic firearms, ammo capacity or length.

I completely misread your post. Sorry for calling you a butt. I'm going to go to bed now.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Guys, c'mon.

You're not actually supposed to argue about guns in a thread like this.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Increased availability of mental health services and increased funding for those services would do more to stop this sort of thing from happening than any sort of gat ban.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Why not do both.

Crazy people don't have an insanely powerful lobby, so it's way, way easier to do.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Someone post the John Galt speech next.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

If I ever start my own Mother Base I will call it Gun Home.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I too am looking forward to thing.

Volcott fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 30, 2015

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Gays need to do their part to even things out and start buying guns.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

"Volcott, what is the best handgat?"

It is the Sig Sauer P226.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

TBH avoiding victimless crimes is way more important than public safety so America is doing fine on guns.

There are no victimless crimes.

• Locked thread