Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Owning and carrying a gun would not have saved the majority of victims who get shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Grendels Dad posted:

As history has shown, if everyone had a gun that shoots nukes no one would shoot their gun that shoots nukes.

I'm pretty sure this theory wouldn't work if you brought it down to an individual level.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

various cheeses posted:

It's also been steadily dropping for years, while gun sales have gone through the roof.

It has been dropping worldwide. Ours is still abnormally high compared to developed countries though.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Rakosi posted:

But doesn't America disqualify itself from having an opinion on research and comparative study of gun violence being used in the debate because they banned it?

http://uk.businessinsider.com/congressional-ban-on-gun-violence-research-rewnewed-2015-7?r=US&IR=T

Well hey when the data does not say what you want it to just ban the data. The same thing they are trying to do with climate change.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

point of return posted:

Especially because the majority of victims are the same person as the perpetrator.

I figured someone would make that point. I was more alluding to the seemingly widespread fantasy that you are going to have time for a movie style shootout with your attacker.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Dead Reckoning posted:

There is no ban on gun violence data collection. The FBI and CDC publish numbers every year. The ban is on using federal money to fund partisan research.

What the data shows conflicts with my opinion therefore it is partisan. Nice.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
So widely increased healthcare and a widely increased social safety net are the solution.

Two things about as likely to happen as banning guns. Nice.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Other things can kill people, so like, why have any laws at all man?

edit: next we can talk about seatbelts and airframe parachutes!

crabcakes66 fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Aug 28, 2015

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Doccers posted:

http://pse-archery.com/shop/shop-crossbows/tac-ordnance/

These guys make a crossbow upper for an AR-15 lower receiver and fire control group.

I don't even know what the gently caress.

I want this.

I want to walk around in public with a crossbow on an AR-15.

Also lol it was used in Red.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Alright I'm tired of this. Everyone please include accurate measurements of your erect penis with every post.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

various cheeses posted:

The anti-gun side has been getting poo poo on for the past decade. Their debate is basically just ineffective bitching and ad hominem at this point. They're a bunch of crybabies who refuse to take responsibility for their own safety or actions, and would prefer to depend on some vague authority figure to do it for them. They just want to punch a fat white redneck strawman and hug each other afterwards.

This is funny because any time a legitimate point is brought up by either side it's met with ad hominem attacks red herrings and strawman arguments.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Blue Raider posted:

if someone was burglarizing my home in the middle of the night, id kill them motherfucking dead. and youre a retard if you wouldnt

Statistics say you would have already shot yourself before the burglar even got there.

Sorry man. :(

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Blue Raider posted:

good thing statistics are products of unconnected autists published by organizations i dont give a poo poo about

Statistically I already shot myself and we are not even having this conversation.

Sorry man. :(

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

various cheeses posted:

They're literal idiots just wanting to circle jerk and punch strawmen.

Pot. Kettle.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Who What Now posted:

As opposed to circle jerking and shooting strawmen

I have never actually shot a strawman. I wonder if you could light one on fire with some tracers.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

lfield posted:

Everyone needs to stop bagging on raven4267. He's just a poor black pro-gay republican with 20 small children and a weak wife under constant threat of house invasion by gangs of roving bandits.

This is it. This right here is why I'm reading this thread.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

various cheeses posted:

Maybe these anti-gun posters secretly get off to the idea of being victimized?

No most of them probably don't go through their day thinking about being victimised at all. Whether you think that's a good thing or naive is open to interpretation.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Who What Now posted:

Where did you find my movie script?! I'll shoot you for plagiarism, fucker!

Sorry you already committed suicide with the gun you would have used. :(

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

tumblr.txt posted:

yet that makes me a Gun Nut.

Nah. Your rabid shitposting makes you a gun nut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Blue Raider posted:

im so glad my guns make you angry dnd

You could have justed posted a U MAD? image macro. Would have been funnier.

• Locked thread