Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

All guns should be smart and only usable by their registered owner and not possible to be disabled or affected by outside transmissions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Schlitzkrieg Bop posted:

In theory yes. But in reality there's no way an amendment on an issue this polarizing would pass 2/3 of Congress as well as 3/4 of the states. Which is a big part of why this whole debate is really depressing: there's no way any really meaningful change can happen given the current makeup of the country and government.

So change guns.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Why is everyone for remedial guns? We need smart guns for our nation's future!

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

various cheeses posted:

Nah more like reducing poverty rates. The sad fact is poor people tend to do more crime, and you tend to do less crime when you're living comfortably.

What's the average income of a mass shooter?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Is the problem here that were afraid that if guns are smart people will be priced out of the market? :ohdear:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Tezzor posted:

If the premise of the argument is correct and people are just as capable of killing humans using boards with nails in them as they are with firearms it seems odd that every major combat force in the world for at least the last two centuries has preferred to equip its soldiers with firearms and not with boards with nails in them. I think I have an idea to save billions in our military budget

Alternatively let's make the guns so advanced they go full pentagon wars.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Raven how do you feel about smart guns?

No one in this thread will talk to me about smart guns.

Pew pew pew.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Ok I have to admit my smart guns plan is all about reducing the amount of guns to ones people actually use and having them registered to their legal owners only:so its a lot harder for people to LARP rambo and shoot people up at the next avatar movie because they're sure all the viewers are secret na'vi having a communal meeting to take over earth. Im being honest its not just slapping cool blinky lights on guns there is a policy component so lets do that ok instead of just pretending each individual component exists in a vaccum. Ok good.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

sudo rm -rf posted:

"in what ways can i be more like george zimmerman, a literal murderer?"

All I have to do is be in my home or Florida and then I am D'guno Unchained! :smug:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

lfield posted:

Funny thing about the Zimmerman example is that the gun was probably the reason things escalated that far in the first place.

The important thing here to remember is one had skittles and one had a gun.

If they both had skittles AND guns no one would have died.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

funny, I don't think it's funny at all when a child is killed.

Whats so special about children dying? Is not every living person entitled to the potential sweat of their own brow, to be allowed to proceed to greatness?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

various cheeses posted:

What about how swimming pools kill more kids than guns?

Hmmm the basis of the American economy or cars...
Yep totally a good faith argument.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

various cheeses posted:

Just trying to fulfill the prophecy:

No, this sentiment has never ended badly for anyone.

You know the real reason guns are bad? They're a luxury item with walmart prices. Death is too cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Fog Tripper posted:

Yes. History has shown that banning a thing results in a net positive.
It is a great idea.

Do me a favor. List those rifle types in order of lethality for me. You can add in handguns for shits and giggles.

People die when they are killed.

That last one might cause more property damage though.

• Locked thread