Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I tried guns once with friends but they were just ok, not something I would run out and get for myself. Maybe I am not a good American.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

Or guns sounding like someone's rattling a box of steel scrap every time someone gently brushes up against one.
Gently brushing up against guns definitely fits my internal caricature of a gun nut.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

paragon1 posted:

Your average Battlemech has enough maintenance and supply costs to eat your average wannabe Mechwarrior out of house and home if they are not working for some government or other large, very wealthy group. And good luck getting the licensing and training necessary to not kill yourself.

Now Elementals and other powersuits, those are a real menace to society.
I only ever worry about weapons you can hide under your clothes. I'm not so up on my Mechwarrior but I know Elementals are small, but can you do that?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Volcott posted:

Guys, c'mon.

You're not actually supposed to argue about guns in a thread like this.
Maybe the thread should have been titled "fun" instead.

edit

ungulateman posted:

i think the military would be a lot more effective if we gave our guns guns
Isn't that what a rifle mounted grenade launcher is?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Aug 28, 2015

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Are there actual gun arguments happening anywhere in the USA, or just pantomimes of one like this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Dead Reckoning posted:

This is why the government should make gun safes tax deductible. A common-sense step to encourage those with guns to store them safely and keep them out of the hands of criminals.
What percentage of black market guns are stolen during home robberies, anyway? Since this thread is just the latest iteration of a loop that has basically always existed, I assume someone just knows off the top of their head.

I guess more in general, what's the primary way in which legal and registered handguns get into someone's car trunk about to be sold for $50?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Aug 30, 2015

• Locked thread