Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Guns are cool for responsible Americans to own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Gun Control would unfairly target honest American's like my friend from Chicago here who is holding a completely legal firearm.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

katlington posted:

These are all horrible ways to classify guns when you're worried about murders and spree killings.

So is worrying about "assault rifles," when you consider what type of weapon kills the most.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

LeeMajors posted:

I'm going to explain this in the most remedial terms so you fucks can understand it:

Guns exist purely for the purpose of killing other people and make deadly violence as easy as pulling a trigger. It is different than other methods of homicide because it is far, far, far easier to exact significant deadly violence with a minimum of effort. It is okay to legislate to make murder as difficult as possible--especially in regards to items that exist only for the purpose of killing.

Goddrat.

Nah.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

RuanGacho posted:

Raven how do you feel about smart guns?

No one in this thread will talk to me about smart guns.

Pew pew pew.

Smartguns are basically techno-fetishism that "solves" a problem that doesn't exist.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

I can assure you that cops shooting people they shouldn't is a problem that exists.

Smartguns won't solve that. And it's incredibly naive to think technology ever solves a social problem.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

Sure they will, we just need to program the smart gun to never, ever fire when in the hands of a cop and then issue them to cops. Boom, problem completely solved.

I found one.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are there actual gun arguments happening anywhere in the USA, or just pantomimes of one like this thread?

There isn't anything to argue. The "solutions" are completely uninteresting and trivial. The implementation is impossible because "gun control" is just code for banning them all so anything that doesn't do that, isn't of any interest to the people "just asking questions" about gun control.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

JawKnee posted:

you americans are really strange about your human killing machines

like, really intense you know

For most people who own guns it's a tool as part of a hobby, target shooting/plinking, hunting, w/e. Ironically for people who Don't own guns, guns are a lifestyle.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Elman posted:

Are people actually asking for a full ban? That'd be dumb.

I know poo poo all about cars, but I can still confidently say there needs to be a way to make sure people driving actually know how to drive and are capable of doing so safely. I'm sure without those controls a lot of people would still learn how to drive properly and be responsible about it, but it's best for society as a whole if we make sure that's really the case.

I also know poo poo all about weapons, but I do know the way things are now in the US criminals and crazy people can very easily get their hands on one, so you guys should try to do something about that. This doesn't mean banning guns, not even their use for self-defense, but it does mean some kind of control. You might even call it gun control.

Well why aren't you out campaigning about the 30,000+ fatal car accidents per year then? Because obviously the licensing, insurance, etc, we have on vehicle ownership is insufficient.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

how much would this cost, hypothetically

the cowpusher was no go cause apparently my state hates joy but I bet I could do this

A roll cage is a liability to your health unless you are wearing a helmet and have a 5-point harness as well. A helmet might not be a bad idea or marginally decreasing your chance of injury while driving though. You'd have to weigh it against the decreased peripheral vision and the increase risk of accident.

Probably just driving a car made in the last 5 years is your best bet.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

sudo rm -rf posted:

"george zimmerman, a literal murderer?"

um...

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

It also only lasts like a second or two. Firing 8000 rounds a minute sounds impressive until you remember you only have 30 rounds in your magazine.

It's why if you are lusting for the Full-Auto Experience, belt fed, or bust.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Elman posted:

Cause I don't live in America and arguing about a different country's laws is boring but mocking batshit insane nonsense is highly entertaining. I also enjoy US healthcare, workers' rights and Republicans in general (it's like they're political satire but they're for real, gotta love em).

Hope this clears things up

So you are a misanthrope. Good job I look forward to hearing your opinions on nothing.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Elman posted:

No, I'm against guns

I, too, am 'against' inanimate objects :confused:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SedanChair posted:

Yeah, just get the first bullet stuck in the barrel:

various cheeses posted:

What about this:

I don't understand what happened in these pictures.

I see they are gun barrels cut open to see the bullets stacked on the inside, but I don't understand how it happened.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Young Freud posted:

The first one looks like a miscalculation in caliber size, which resulted in the bullets getting stuck like that.

The second one is why you don't use open-jacketed ammunition in a suppressor.

AH. It's a suppressor, I see now. ty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Arglebargle III posted:

I'm not against gun control, I'm just pro-suicide?

I think Suicide should be legal and encouraged whether doctor assisted or not.

• Locked thread