Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Rakosi posted:

You can't shoot up a classroom with a bow and arrow.

You are being really, really intellectually dishonest about the killing power of these weapons.

Good thing nobody ever killed any body with a sharpened piece of metal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China_%282010%E2%80%9312%29

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/asia/china-railway-attack/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lee_Rigby

Armyman25 fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Rakosi posted:

You are so loving dumb with your NRA red herring poo poo. No one said knives don't kill people.

People are saying, however, that guns kill more people, more easily, and is much less difficult to stop.

So why shouldn't we ban swords and knives too?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Rakosi posted:

You should! What country doesn't have swords and long knives banned?

I'd say quite a few of them.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

The Insect Court posted:

Supporitng at-will ownership for semi-auto handguns is like supporting stop-and-frisk or screwing poors with snowballing municipal fines.

It's not like a first order racist thing, and it's technically possible for non-racists to support, but it is absolutely a racist policy in its effects and a shitload of racists seem to think it's a great idea.

So gun nuts are effectually racists.

Could you expand on this?

I mean, are you trying to say that by allowing black people access to firearms the country is permitting them to be shot at a higher rate than white people, therefore the government is racist?

Armyman25 fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Aug 28, 2015

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
People take concerted action and maintain constant vigilance in defense of their issue. Political activism as it should be or paranoia?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Who What Now posted:

So what I'm getting here is that you believe whites and non-whites cannot coexist without violence. Interesting.

Considering black people are more likely to be shot by other black people I don't know how you came up with this. According to those who want to ban guns it's racist to allow black people access to firearms since they will just end up shooting each other.

So what I am getting from that is low numbers of black people + strict gun control = lower homicide rates from firearms.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Making guns illegal will make sure no one has them. There is precedence for this, look how well banning drugs and alcohol worked.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Tezzor posted:

Quick reminder that all polling indicates that city residents, black people, gays and women, generally speaking all groups at higher risk of being victimized by crime, all support gun control at higher rates than the rural/suburban white dude demographic tough guy cosplayers seem to universally hail from

Then what is stopping them from not buying guns?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

lfield posted:

Everyone needs to stop bagging on raven4267. He's just a poor black pro-gay republican with 20 small children and a weak wife under constant threat of house invasion by gangs of roving bandits.

Well, which is it? Is the inner city a crime filled he'll hole that can only be saved by disarming the populace or are the dangers totally overblown to warrant taking no steps to defend yourself?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Popular Thug Drink posted:

some pretty suspect projection on your part assuming that liberals also think the inner city is a blasted wasteland

Telling

e: creme filled he'll hole this post is uh freudian as heck

If they're so safe why do we need to ban guns?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Effectronica posted:

Your violent paranoia, as expressed by your reading of what people have written, suggests that you would be held back from killing me only by moral cowardice. Is it unreasonable that I arm myself against this possibility?

Why would you want to arm yourself, surely the police will save you.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Effectronica posted:

I can only hope I get the drop on you before you can draw on me.

You sure seem like you want to shoot Raven.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Effectronica posted:

I sure as hell don't want to shoot anyone. But it's entirely possible that, being convinced liberals want to kill them by proxy of criminals, a gun nut will work up the moral courage for self-defense and attempt to kill me, a criminal and a liberal. I need to be safe.

Oh good. May I interest you in an NRA membership to defend your right to self defense?

Armyman25 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 28, 2015

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Effectronica posted:

That's not what the National Basketball Association does.

God drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Tezzor posted:

There is as far as I can tell zero evidence that they only test guns that they think are from the US aside from the unsubstantiated claims of guys so desperate to dispute anything that makes their guns look bad they've managed to convince themselves that most of the guns in country x don't come from country y despite their large porous border with established criminal smuggling and the fact that country y has a quadrillion easily purchased or stolen firearms

Stating the M16 you stole from the Mexican police/army arms room came from the US is technically correct, but irrelevant to the argument being made.

• Locked thread