Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
I worked in a local t shirt printing company when I was younger. I am not sure how the THE INTERNET has changed things, but in general, you need someone to deal with the design and then source and print the shirts. Most local places or the internet will do that.

First, what art are you using? Is it a picture, graphic, just text? How many colors? The more colors, the more it will cost. If you have a picture, it probably needs to be halftone so they can get it to print. If you just have an idea, you are going to have to hope the have someone creative on staff.

The should be able to take your design and then make screens out of it. If you have a cool idea or a copyrighted graphic, you want a place that is reputable and wont go behind your back and print off your design. They will probably charge you for setting up the screens and possibly for dealing with the art, depending on how much of a pain you make it. They should be able to keep the screens on file so if you need them again, you can get another run.

The cost will depend on what type of shirt, how many colors, and what kind of volume you are dealing with. Cheap polyester short sleeve shirts would be the cheapest, then cotton short sleeves, and so on up to jackets. If you are selling the shirts, you may be able to get a small order, and if they end up selling, do another run for cheaper at volume. This is all stuff a decent shop should be able to discuss with you. Look up screen printing in the yellow pages or online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread