Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
In the "underdune" mission there is a bridge that gets lifted up by an enemy. You need to walk around and interact with the wheel on the other side to bring it down.

However, there are several ways to destroy the wheel before the bridge gets lifted (the easiest being to immediately shoot the baddy with the thunderpoon, the explosion destroys the wheel too), if you do so the bridge will be lifted anyways and you will not be able to bring it down. The mission cannot be canceled or restarted and if you walk too far from your car you die automatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thunderpoon.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Thunderbeaver

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

AIDS

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Poon Master P. Baldwin.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Poon Master P. Baldwin.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
The Poonslayer.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I wish it was like Road Warrior where people wear assless leather chaps, cricket pads and gridiron armour and fight with toy bow and arrows

e] imagine the internet meltdown that would happen if there was anything even close to the murder-rape that goes on in Road Warrior...

e] and the main villain gets introduced as "THE AYATOLLAH OF ROCK AAAAND ROLLAH!!"

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

I wish it was like Road Warrior where people wear assless leather chaps, cricket pads and gridiron armour and fight with toy bow and arrows

e] imagine the internet meltdown that would happen if there was anything even close to the murder-rape that goes on in Road Warrior...

e] and the main villain gets introduced as "THE AYATOLLAH OF ROCK AAAAND ROLLAH!!"

I'm imagining the triggers and feefee tears you're describing, and I have to admit: it's lulzy as gently caress.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Super Rad posted:

Game is good, worth the $18 I paid on G2A. Game is not great though, do not pay $60 for this.

Pretty much. I got it cheap on a sale and it was kind of fun but the story felt disjointed and nonexistent, which is what happens when almost the entire game is optional open world content. It's a solid game but proof that Games threads will overhype anything.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

mysterious loyall X posted:

I'm imagining the triggers and feefee tears you're describing, and I have to admit: it's lulzy as gently caress.

It's a shitshow, but I think it'll prove to be quite the lulzcow.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Unguided posted:

Pretty much. I got it cheap on a sale and it was kind of fun but the story felt disjointed and nonexistent, which is what happens when almost the entire game is optional open world content. It's a solid game but proof that Games threads will overhype anything.

For Mad Max nerds, the game's plot is a video-gamified version of the plot of the Mad Max comics (written by George Miller) which fill in some of the blanks between Beyond Thunderdome and Fury Road. Despite this the plot does end up feeling pretty artificial due to having to inject fetch quests and wave-clearing enemies into the main storyline in order to lengthen in, but it's nice to know that the main plot events were envisioned by Miller himself and actually answers many of the questions raised by Fury Road.

What got me to keep playing the game was the ambiance since all the disparate looting locations and camps tell their own sad story.

My save is still hosed and WB will probably never patch that poo poo so lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like the first Mad Max and Fury Road the best. The middle two are too dramatic for me... First one is epic because it's on the cusp of complete societal breakdown and the world's just hosed up around the character's instead of the camera zooming in on how hosed up the world is, and I like Fury Road since it handles all the crazy bush punk era crap not as heavy handedly, IMO. Plus, the badass Guitar Truck is awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first one is badass since they made it for like 2 grand and it's just Mel Gibson driving around Australia lighting people on fire and killing them.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They're all really good maybe with the exception of Thunderdome although that has some good stuff too.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I seen enough of Thunderdome to know I already didn't like the 2nd one very much enough to watch the whole thing.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I like the first Mad Max and Fury Road the best. The middle two are too dramatic for me... First one is epic because it's on the cusp of complete societal breakdown and the world's just hosed up around the character's instead of the camera zooming in on how hosed up the world is, and I like Fury Road since it handles all the crazy bush punk era crap not as heavy handedly, IMO. Plus, the badass Guitar Truck is awesome.

I like the middle 2. The hockey mask dude gives insanely epic speeches to the besieged settlement and you gotta love the closing shot of beyond thunderdome where the dudes arm extends out of the flaming wreckage and flips off the camera.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I love that they got Toecutter's actor back to play Immortan Joe

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

irs cool how people still go on holidays in the first movie even though society is collapsing

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HORMELCHILI posted:

cool Chris Jericho

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The third felt too ridiculous, but the rest are awesome.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Wormskull posted:

Poon Master P. Baldwin.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Max Payne 3 would be better if it was arcade style and had level select instead of watching gay unstoppable cutscenes of max being an alcoholic and pill head even though he never did any of that stuff in the other games

The only thing I remember about the first game is whenever you grab a health pickup he says "The pills ease the pain..."

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

plus wasnt he alcoholic in the second one

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Tender Bender posted:

The only thing I remember about the first game is whenever you grab a health pickup he says "The pills ease the pain..."

i remember a guy holding someone at gunpoint and saying, "Kiss it goodb-" as i blast him with a shotgun and watching his body slowly fall to the ground while the camera spins 360o around him. that and the screams junkies make when you throw molotovs at them.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

i remember a guy holding someone at gunpoint and saying, "Kiss it goodb-" as i blast him with a shotgun and watching his body slowly fall to the ground while the camera spins 360o around him. that and the screams junkies make when you throw molotovs at them.

The thugs' shouts and taunts were great. That game had drat fine sound all over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

In Training posted:

I wonder if the 360 tf2 servers are still alive

They are unplayable because of hackers, or were when I went on 2 years ago.

• Locked thread