Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RazNation
Aug 5, 2015
Well, it depends.

Some police departments have very low standards while others require a little bit more.

You will have to take a 'are you fawkin stupid' test first just to make sure that you are not a herpy derp.

Most will require some form of fitness test.....aka running an obstacle course and such under a certain time limit.

Everyone will require you have a law enforcement certificate from the state. You typically get this through their academy.

The better departments will require a college diploma. Typically a four degree in a related study. Texas DPS only requires a certain amount of college hours.....be it criminal justice or basic basket weaving.

Of course, these departments pay more but are harder to get into........Tx DPS not so much......if you cant work in the field, you get to patrol a desk in the local DMV office.

But be prepared to spend hours in a cramped prowler while wearing uncomfortable gear but punctuated with ten to twenty minutes of 'dukes of hazzard' schitt every once in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

waitwhatno posted:

Hey o.p., i'm not an American, but I have watched a lot of youtube videos and 90% of the cops in them are very overweight and dim-witted people. From further observations i concluded that they also talk in a very authoritative voice and say "sir" and "maaaam'" a lot.

Hope this helps you, don't give up on your dreams!

That's because the department they work for doesn't have annual physicals.

Fat cops tend to come from small towns and sheriff departments where IQ and running ability are not their strong points.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Jimson posted:

Tried this. Now my dog is dead. Any other ideas?

Answer the door yourself instead.

• Locked thread