Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Lightning is the worst.

Please stop mindlessly wiggling your pointer every-drat-where in the menus.

e: It's probably a better idea to explain menu stuff via screenshots, so you can take time to think things through and explain things well. It would be much better than fumbling meandering explanations while we constantly hear BLWEE BLWEE BLWEE BLWEE BLWEE BLWEE BLWEE.

biosterous fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Sazero posted:

I'm sorry. I thought the the fact that the amount of health my opponent was missing and that it was correspondent to the amount of bravery I had when I attacked, would be a fairly simple deduction.
And I don't mean that in a derogatory sense. I'll be explaining better next time.

Oh those bars you never pointed out? No, they were not a simple deduction for people who never played the game.

I really want to follow this lp; at the risk of sound like a prick... can you actually explain the game rather than assuming we're on your level?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I played a lot of the first Dissidia coming and going from work, it'll be fun to see how much I sucked.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

The classiest crazy bullshit magic Half-Elf, you'll ever meet.
Are you saying that the traditional FF menu navigation sound is annoying? You filthy heretic! :colbert:
I'm just kidding. Stop playing around with the menu? Gotcha.

I want to contain the LP within the videos themselves. However that said, it's a fair point to make that simply just talking about it, will not make it understandable.
I suspect my rather faulty explanation of the Abilities sub menu stems a little bit from me not actually having anything to show off there.
I went in there to give you people an overview of what I was currently capable off. And while I could fill a lot of posts about each attack and all
of their merits, I'd rather show them off. I will largely try to cut out needless fluff, so I won't be showing the menu every time I get a new attack, ability, item or any such things.
I will show off new attacks and most probably mention notable new abilities.

I will be showing off new game play mechanics as they show up. Of which there are a few more. That's really my philosophy with this game.
I like showing things off when they're relevant. It's why I initially failed to properly introduce the HUD. Because I expected people to pick
up on the large green bar, being the health bar and then I'd just sort of explain things as they came up. But I forgot not everyone have been
raised with video games, and in attempting to reach a broad audience, that was kind of an oversight.

But don't worry, I'll explain the HUD properly, with visual aids, as it's relevant to understanding what is going on at any given battle.
This also marks the end of live commentary, as post commentary is going to fit much better now that I actually have to edit things.
So hopefully that should improve things.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, even Laguna, from loving FFVIII, calls out Lightning being a lovely character. Surprisingly self-aware, that.

edit: VVV That's pretty much it, yeah. All the FF plots are stupid, but VIII and XIII really stand out.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 31, 2015

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

anilEhilated posted:

Oh hey, even Laguna, from loving FFVIII, calls out Lightning being a lovely character. Surprisingly self-aware, that.

Laguna was a good character though? Although I'm willing to believe that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man with the machine gun is king.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Just a small heads up, I'm not dead.
It's just been a little bit intimidating figuring out exactly what I wanted to do and how to do it. Kinda silly considering the scale of it.
Anyways video editing is done. Gotta have to redo the commentary because it's just real lovely on my part.
But I'm tired now so that's for tomorrow. Good news is that speaking into a microphone isn't really that hard.
Just.. Awkward really... So I expect to upload tomorrow. I'll be back when I can once again form coherent thoughts.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I was considering doing one of these at one point, but much like the other two lps I started and then abandoned, I am terrible with art stuff and couldn't get consistent portraits, so I didn't bother past one or two updates that didn't escape the testing grounds.

I've clocked both dissidias in full, and the first one twice (first in japanese, then in english, then the sequel in english)

They're really good games y'all

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

My experience with the Kartia LP was that there were a lot of initial work to be put into the first updates.
And not just because of the few technical issues I had with doing proper screenshots. Or that I got over excited when I first started and just wrote a small novel worth of content
If you're doing it for the first time, it can be quite an ordeal because you haven't figured out a workflow yet.
Then there's the setup of all your god drat programs and... geeze. Thankfully I've had some experience with
photo editing software before, so using GIMP weren't much of an obstacle to overcome. Not that my portraits were the greatest but they did their job.

Speaking of LP's I'm not really satisfied with my commentary. (Which is why the video has been delayed as much as it has.)
Not sure if it's how I pronounce things, or if it's because I'm talking to myself, but I think I'm sounding kinda stiff.
Maybe it's just a comfort thing? Or just that I haven't quite found a style I'm comfortable with? Either way
I feel like I'm kind of disappointing someone's expectations. In which case, I've just now realized I'm taking this
way too seriously. I'm sure there are some people who might have regretted subscribing to the channel? :v:
At least it proves that people subscribes regardless of whether you ask them to or not, so now I don't have to feel
like a poo poo bag and prompt you to do it after every video. :v:

Anyways Guest commentators, please send me an E-mail at Danziro@gmail.com with your contact info and timezone.

Lastly, the video is encoding as we speak, so no more excuses... Except maybe if Youtube decides the video file is too large.

(By the way can I claim to be a youtuber now? And if so, how do I cure it?:haw:)

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Episode 1(Still uploading which will take a few hours from this post.)

In which we painfully discover the difference between Kefka's voice and mine.
Justice is being brought to Vaan.(Or rather a Manikin of him)
And we get a Moogle pen pal.
Oh and Kuja is there too I guess. :shrug:

Drachir D Nalem
Aug 14, 2012
The two best characters in this game are both dads of other characters, and you should use them whenever the opportunity presents itself.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Oh man, you don't use accessories? They're wonderful when you upgrade your character enough. Stuff like Luck or Damage boost multiplied by twenty makes your damage output skyrocket.

I'd also like to agree that Kefka is the best villain.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

The main reason I don't like using the accessories is because of the different multiplier accessories, and the conditions you have to meet to get the multiplier.
I'm not saying they aren't powerful or that you can't have interesting setups. Just that I don't really want to bother with them when I'm playing normally.
Mainly because they sort of dictate the way to play if you want the bonuses. Or maybe I'm not using them properly?

Speaking of dads. One of them were in one of the pre-rendered cut-scenes, and if you know anything about Final Fantasy 10, then you might have spotted him and think "Wait, what is he doing here?".
The game will answer that question in time.

Laguna is technically a father right? :v:
I know Cecil is, but his son doesn't appear in the game. Even though his son is actually a full character in the sequel to FF4.
And now I remembered the sequel to FF4...

:negative:

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Meeting the booster accessory requirements can be a pain in the rear end, yes, but there's a few specific setups that're both ridiculously abuseable and useful for farming various things.

On another note, are you going to accept people's submissions for the fanfic mode?

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Fanfic mode? You're gonna have to be a bit more specific.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Episode 2(Still uploading, few hours from post, yadayadayada.)

Now that I've got some of the technical stuff down, I won't be spending 7 days agonizing over things.
Also this update isn't really editing intensive. We'll say goodbye to Lighting for a while, as this is the finale to Chapter 1.
Additionally, you get to see me waste precious camera time (Which I did not at all leave in to fill out the update. I've become corrupted :() by
screwing around. And by screw around I mean being bad at the game. We also get to see a hint of another gameplay
feature that I'll use even less than accessories. But I'll rant about that when it becomes relevant. :v:

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007

Sazero posted:

Fanfic mode? You're gonna have to be a bit more specific.

I mean the mode that allows you to make your own fight scenarios and stories leading up to them, Original Quest.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Not using accessories is just silly. Good deal explaining the HUD. I like Kuja as a villain. Without spoiling anything, the story told with him in FFIX and mirrored in the Dissidia games is pretty cool. It's really interesting watching the subtle differences between Duodecim and the original Dissidia. Dodges got nerfed and so did the EX bar. Square made EX Mode and really EX Bursts a lot less common than they were in the original game. That's why it took so long for Sazero to grind one out for the boss. Speaking of EX Bursts, I hate Lightning's, because the analog stick on the PSP isn't very good and it can be pretty precise. I tend to bugger up the left to right motion aka the very first command. What do you have against Summons? They're useful in a pinch and downright broken if you know what you're doing.

Kain, you traitorous bastard. Should've seen this one coming. What he's doing here must surely coincide with what Kefka was on about when Kuja died.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Exdeath :allears:

He's so great. But yes, accessories look like they're massively powerful if you know what you're doing with them. I think there's a level disadvantage conditional that makes it a lot easier to defeat difficult opponents (and get mad EXP in the process).

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

I tend to bugger up the left to right motion aka the very first command.

That's your problem right there: the game wants you to press either left OR right and Circle, not left, right+Circle.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't get that I had to use the analog stick to input the command and kept loving it up every time since every other EX Burst in the game can be and usually need to be performed with the D-Pad.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
I loved the first game and this one a bit less(largely because of the story I forget where I was but I got stuck somewhere on my way to unlock the last character and decided gently caress it I enjoy random battles more). I can say I don't use accessories much but they can be handy, notably I usually use the non-multiplying ones just because since you don't start with all the accessories it can be hard to build what you want to build and the accessories that give more points for your skills are ALWAYS useful.

And once you have enough good summons I just set them on a loop and use whatever I happen to have on at the time.(With a exception for....magic pot? I think it was. That I only use when I need it and have personally equipped it for the fight because not knowing you have that on can screw you over just as much as it can be a life saver.)

I think my only real complaint with this game is that my levels from the first game carried over but none of my equipment did leaving me with naked high level characters that needed to be brought down to low levels to match the available gear. Meanwhile they made some characters infinitely more playable for me(Like Exdeath the character based around blocking. Or that mystical art of stopping attacks instead of throwing them. They gave him a couple of decent attacks in duodecim and I can now put up a fight decently instead of having to successfully reflect things.) and generally improved each character to make them more balanced......also Laguna IS great along with 2 of the other new characters Kain and a secret, that are now contending with Firion for my favorite character slot.

And for a final bit for this post I have some trouble with a few ex bursts as well. I think it was Lightning and Yuna to start with....also Ultimicia and Squall. Most of these are because of timing and just failing to hit one or another.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

I never knew that was a thing. Well sure, once we get there, send me your fanfic stuff.
That's a sentence I never thought I'd willingly write... :v:

So Summon Stones.
My major beef with them is the whole recharge thing.
Summon Stones can only be used once per battle, but they have a set amount of uses before they have to recharge, and the more uses they have
the longer it takes for them to recharge. So if there is one Summon Stone that is really good you can only use it in half of all your battles.

Sure you can equip another Summon Stone while the first one is recharging, and you can set it up so the re-equipping happens automatically,
But the new stone will do something different, and it might have less uses than the first one, so you need to equip a third one to make the cycle complete.
Some of the Summon Stones, you don't have control over when they trigger, so you have to be aware about where you are in your Summon Stone cycle
and drat, this is getting too loving complicated, I just wanna punch dudes in the face with my machine gun. :v:

Secondly and probably more importantly, I feel that Summon Stones can be too good. Some of them can actually take the fight out of battles,
which I think is a shame because I enjoy battles. I certainly don't enjoy easy combat. Take for instance the Magic Pot Summon Stone.
Upon activation it will set your bravery to your opponents bravery. You can have a max of 9999 bravery and hp (Unless you equip some abilities or are the final secret boss, but you get what I mean). So you let the opponent smack you
around until their own bravery exceeds their hp, activate Magic Pot and hit a HP attack. Good job, you won a fight by getting beat up. Git gud, you filthy casul Whoops sorry, I let my Dark Souls out for a bit there. :v:
On the other hand it can be really good if you want to grind experience. (I'm not revealing my refined grinding techniques quite yet.)

I don't know why you have trouble hitting Squall's Ex-burst since it's literally the same from FF8. His Ex-mode is really good though so if nothing else that can make up for it, if you fail the Burst.
I personally have trouble with Tifa's Ex-Burst. I think the slots are spinning faster or more unpredictably than in FF7 and I get a lot of Miss's. Which can make for a fairly hilarious Ex-Burst. :v:

Lastly, regarding Kain. I completely forgot to mention in the video that he has been missing since Episode 1. So are Yuna, but I imagine she is just mad that Lightning accidentally hit her with her sword, so she is taking a break.
Poor Butz Bartz... You only barely get any screen time. :v:

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
I suppose talking about one character who can block hp attacks is UnaVoidable (technically three but they the other two don't do it constantly)

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

:confused:

Every character can block HP attacks. They can just attack the HP attack with their own HP attack. :v:
Okey so this isn't strictly true, but that goes for most of the rules in Dissidia.
Mostly everyone have to adhere to most of the rules. Except of the characters who doesn't have to. :v:

Also for the people who don't read youtube comments, it was mentioned that I said that Lightning were the only main character of a Final Fantasy game
in the Dissidia crew, and that was of course wrong, because why would I even bring it up now if that weren't the case. I completely forgot about Vaan.
I'm sorry for this inconsistency and I hope the timeline have not been completely destroyed.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Most would argue that Ashe was the main character of FFXII. It's funny to hear that people struggle with Squall's EX Burst to me. Since Squall was my main character, I played thousands of battles as him. At some point, one of my mates challenged me to do his EX Burst with my eyes closed, just on muscle memory. I nailed it. I'm pretty sure, at least in the first one, it's the same pace each time you do it.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
Yeah....I hated ff8. So I'm just not that good with his ex burst. But I'm not bad using the character outside of that so it works out. The only characters I have issues playing standardly are Tifa, Kuja(On top of not WANTING to play him probably being one reason), Jecht(My brain can not figure out how to get the most out of his attacks and if I ever did he'd probably be one of my favorites but his special mechanic that timing your button presses/hitting a direction during the attacks alters the attack is beyond me), I think I wasn't great with Prishe....., Ultimecia I didn't like but that was due to the attacks she started with, .....Terra was fine but didn't like the play style, Oh....Oh yeah....screw Tidus. I hate Tidus. I don't know how many times I've missed because his gimmick is 'First I dodge what they are doing, then I hit them' which meant that I'd try to attack, miss because the evade happens first letting them dodge then they hit me. Outside of that I have issues with some attacks but can generally play them perfectly fine.....whether they are leveled or not depends on how much I like their play style and how much I hate the character itself.

Meanwhile my favorites are Kain, Firion, A Secret, Laguna, WoL.... Cecil might be in there.... Kefka....and I suppose throw in Golbez and Gabranth for more bad guy coverage. First game I generally enjoyed the bad guys less then the heroes and that mostly holds true in this game though several villains got good upgrades. The only person I can think of that felt downgraded in the game is Bartz and that's because they got rid of some of his old attacks to make room for new ones.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

I like Cecil as he is the slammiest of the dunkers, and while Golbez have a slow start, he really gets that warlock feel when you've mastered some of his abilities.
Which reminds me I should probably mention. Some characters won't really shine unless you master some of their abilities, which can lead to unlocking other abilities that will
cover some of their weaknesses. I'm looking at you CLOUD.

Jecht is probably one of the hardest characters to play, because you have to nail the timing of when to continue your combo. Something you can ignore on other characters and just spam the button.
But oh man, when you do, it's just so satisfying.

My least favorite characters are Bartz and The Emperor.
I'll get into why when we are saddled with those characters.

Anyways, I'm done with the recording, and I think Vaan sort of redeems himself in his Chapter.
Well, that depends on how mature you are as a person. :v:
(Hint, hint, guest commentator, read your e-mail.)

Drachir D Nalem
Aug 14, 2012
Jecht is a gods drat beast when used right and can really gently caress you up at high levels. Still think you should use him and Laguna at all times possible.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
I think my favorite characters are (A Secret) and (Another Secret), if only for the randomness of the first and the combo mechanic of the second. I was never a huge fan of Jecht, but then again I didn't discover the 'press Triangle to see all the different combos you can do with this attack' until I'd already maxed out my two favorites.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I like how pretty this game's combat, but I found that eventually it felt like playing rock paper scissors...

Guard beats brave attacks (They block them, and the attacker is stunned long enough to suffer a -usually fatal- counter attack)
Brave attacks beat HP attacks (brave attacks are much faster, having very little start up, which let them hit and stunlock a character using a slow HP attack)
HP attacks beat Guards (Guarding just fails against most HP attacks)

There are two characters that subvert this, and most characters have work-around's (brave attacks that lead into HP attacks, Really fast HP attacks that work like counter attacks) but a lot of the main game feels more like waiting for them to commit to something incorrect.

(Dodging is just postponing the game a bit.)

Looking forward to your videos/thoughts on this game.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Funny you should bring that up because I actually face a situation where those issues are apparent, in the next video.
And at the time I didn't really have any tools to deal with that. At least not safely, because in the match I'm talking about, I'm massively disadvantaged.
But hey, this wouldn't be a Final Fantasy LP if you weren't fighting opponents who are over leveled, right? :v:

Anyways it results in me praying to hit that last HP attack, and as such it draws the battle out a bit.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Episode 3(Still uploading, should be done in 2 hours from post)

We've met with a terrible fate... We're playing as Vaan!
But that's okey because Vaan is much better in Dissidia than in his own game.
So it's back to level 1, and in addition we meet with our greatest opponent yet. :ohdear:

Sazero fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 9, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Just my advice, but maybe you could wait until the video has finished uploading before you post the link in the thread.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I like seeing Terra on Chaos' side. Not just because it's a reference to FFVI, but because it makes sense for some of these "protagonists" to have ended up on Chaos' side in previous cycles. Dark Knight Cecil, for instance. You can't tell from the video, but I'm willing to bet Vaan's EX Burst overall is pretty bad at breaking opponents and dealing Brave damage before the end of it. The other FFXII character we'll see later had that issue when I played as him. And I feel qualified in judging that, because I maxed his level and synthed one of his ultimate weapons and all that.

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 17, 2015

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
You're mistaken on how Quickenings actually work in FF12: each character has 3 unique ones and Vaan uses his in his EX Burst (ie. you can't choose who gets what, no idea where you got that), and when you initiate it in FF12, all your characters can use theirs in sequence and if you trigger a Mist Charge, they can use theirs again. The finishing attack in the end is a generic one and its strength depends on how many Quickenings you managed to chain together, which is largely dependent on how many Mist Charges the RNG bothers to give you.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

SonicRulez, you might want to spoiler tag that. More specifically the thing about previous cycles. Dissidia's story is a thing that exists.

When I upload a video it's usually before I go to bed, and if I wait to post it until after I've gotten my sleep, that's going to delay the video 8-12 hours.
(I like sleeping, don't judge me :colbert:). I figure I might as well post it while it's uploading. It's not like I don't mention it still being uploaded.
Well... I don't in the index now that I think about it... I probably should do that?

In regards to Quickenings.. Huh I stand corrected. Maybe it's just that Quickenings being a huge mishmash of various colours and effects that makes them so unmemorable?
I don't know it's weird, because Quickenings aren't really a reflection of the characters natural abilities. You can build Vaan like a white mage in his game
and he'll still do the same Quickenings as before. I don't know, I'm just not feeling it. They are no Renzokuken or Omnislash that's for sure.

Terra being on the Chaos side also suggests that while there are rules you have to adhere to, those rules are most certainly not set in stone.
Which is a fact you'll learn quickly if you read any OFS FF LP. Final Fantasy always had that sense of being able to break the games rules in half
if you knew what you were doing.

Ex-bursts in general aren't that great at dealing bravery damage, though there is some variation. But it's a rather small difference between them, so I
usually don't pay attention to it, because ultimately you should hit with your Burst when the opponent is really low on bravery if you want the most out of it.
However in really tough battles I usually opt to just burst whenever I actually hit with an HP attack, just for the guaranteed extra damage.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Quickenings are less 'limit breaks' and more 'party attack'.
Also FF12 is good and they should have used Basch for Dissidia.

Too bad Vaan was plastered on all the marketing material so he got the pass.

And ff12 is a damned good game :colbert:.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Normally I would let people have their own opinions, but this injustice must be corrected! :v:

(The following rant should be read as satirical, and while it reflects what I think about the game, I'm not
going to tell you what kind of games you are allowed to like. It's probably also not that accurate.
Just think of it as a raging youtuber. Not even the real raging kind, but the fake kind you know?)

FF12 is not a good game, because it is built like an offline MMORPG. Which makes absolutely no sense.
MMORPG's appeal is the huge social interaction between players as they overcome challenges.
You don't have other players to enrich the game with various shenanigans. Or talk to or interact with in any shape or form.
So instead of that, the game controls the other characters you don't control, but you can program the game to play
your party in whatever shape you want. THE GAME COMES WITH A BUILT IN BOT.

It's like the game creators realize how much boring bullshit FF12 has and the only way they could think of
to alleviate this tedium is allowing the players to program the game to play itself. Then you just have to ask
what is even the point?
And that is not even commenting on the mind boggling game design decisions they made.

Hey, how about we have treasure chests whose content change as the game goes on, and very specific chests gives
poo poo rewards but hold the ultimate equipment later in the game. These ultimate chests are also not visually different from
any other chest, so players are punished for grabbing treasure they immediately see. Which also means that if you want
the ultimate equipment you'd have to backtrack. Hooray for game padding.
You get punished for saying "Hey, let me grab this treasure chest now, so I don't have to backtrack to this location in about 20 hours for arbitrary reasons
no one could reasonably guess." What in the actual gently caress?

But what you do get rewarded for, is killing the same enemy type over and over and over again.
Grinding is not a game mechanic you should design your game around.

Well alright fine. So combat and game play might not be that stellar, but Final Fantasy usually shines in interesting stories.
Now bear in mind I haven't actually completed FF12 but the story is something along the lines of this.
"Political bullshit, murder for political reasons. Finding huge gently caress off fantasy nukes for political reasons.
Politics, politics, politics, bla bla bla Vaan. Bla bla bla sky pirates." To quote a FF character who had a completely nonsensical ending
to his own game. "Whatever..."

If you're an interesting person talking to other interesting people, the subject of your discussion will never be politics.
Talking about the weather is preferable. I'd rather listen to someone talk about their Sonic/Naruto self insert character slashfic than listen to politics.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Counter point: Fantasy Politics is cool and good. Especially Matsuno Politics and fantasy history. And especially especially wars of succession.
Vaan though is superfluous.

Not his purpose, which is to be the foil and grounding to Ashe, who would have gladly nuked Archadia without someone to affect her, but the character and personality.

Reks would have been better.
The 6th party member should have been a Bangaa, not Penelo.
And there should have been a Moogle guest character.

And the FF12 'datalog' is the best datalog-type-thing in any JRPG ever.

Oh and yeah the IZJS makes all better.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

The real core problem with Final Fantasy 12 was that it featured Vaan as the main character, instead of Ramza the Double King. :colbert:
I mean the game does take place in Ivalice. :v:

Silly old LP references aside, the only character I even remember was Balthier. I'll just chalk FF12 down to a game I don't really get or can make sense off.

I prefer my Final Fantasies with silly Dragons, goofy characters and insane clowns.

• Locked thread