Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dissidia is a good game so I'm looking forward to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sazero posted:

I only really call Dissidia a fighting game, because that's what it most closely resemble. I mean it's not the same as Street Fighter or Tekken with a focus on technique and loving arcane combo button input.
Maybe it's an action RPG?

Arena Fighter.
Think Custom Robo, the DBZ Tenkaichi series, Gotcha Force, etc.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

LordHippoman posted:

EX Revenge lets you expend your Gauge to freeze the opponent for a couple seconds mid-combo. It's basically a combo breaking mechanism.

Also I really liked these games and them and Monster Hunter were pretty much the only reasons I got a PSP. Looking forward to the rest of this LP, especially EXDEATH.

Ex Revenge is sorta useless though.
If only it took half/less than 100% the bar instead of the entire thing. Like fighter games with segmented super-bars.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Quickenings are less 'limit breaks' and more 'party attack'.
Also FF12 is good and they should have used Basch for Dissidia.

Too bad Vaan was plastered on all the marketing material so he got the pass.

And ff12 is a damned good game :colbert:.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Counter point: Fantasy Politics is cool and good. Especially Matsuno Politics and fantasy history. And especially especially wars of succession.
Vaan though is superfluous.

Not his purpose, which is to be the foil and grounding to Ashe, who would have gladly nuked Archadia without someone to affect her, but the character and personality.

Reks would have been better.
The 6th party member should have been a Bangaa, not Penelo.
And there should have been a Moogle guest character.

And the FF12 'datalog' is the best datalog-type-thing in any JRPG ever.

Oh and yeah the IZJS makes all better.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 10, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sazero posted:

I showed off the Puppeteer's Wheel last video where I sort of ended the "boss" fight in 20 seconds or so.
Also Wheels != Crowns. It's also not shown that she loses the Crown Wheel and thereby gets out of it's influence.
In the cut scene where she argues with Kefka, it doesn't sound like she was under the influence of any mind manipulating devices
or that she just broke free of it's influence.

So all we're really left with, is the name and well... I know a Wheel is a circular object but that is only the barest of links between a Crown and a Wheel.
Also the Slave Crown didn't draw out Terra's magical abilities or Her esper form or really give her any power boost.

If the Wheel were supposed to be a reference, you could give it a magic damage boost, not permanent Ex-Mode.
And the game is not that subtle or contrived with it's references.

So I don't think Puppeteer's Wheel is a reference to the Slave Crown.

That's just a whole load of semantics though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

>>Y

Quite enjoy these vids.
Though I'm a chronic lurker when I have nothing to say.

• Locked thread