Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
I mean, if not - gas and my bad.

Though I would like to talk with yobbers about the topic .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

If you put ice in a fire usually the fire wins but it depends on the amount

What about a quarter pound of dry ice vs a newspaper fire?

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

They don't even have to fight in this scenario the fire will run out of material before the ice evaporates. Pretty deep.

Good point - so then same fight: but this time its a twine-bound stack of newspapers before being unpackaged. Call it the Washington Post?

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Game of Thrones spoiler

Do you think Jon is staying dead? I say no because Melisandre conveniently just arrived and priests of R'hllor have been known to revive the dead like Beric Dondarian. I also am intrigued by the new theory that Meerja is in fact Jon's twin.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Ace of Baes posted:

i like game of thrones books

lol

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
I mean - I did not like part of the novels (looking at you A Feast for Crows) but I do think he has a real talent at conjuring up fantasy tales. He may not write like Tolkien but honestly comparing those two is really apples to oranges. Both are in the fantasy world but there the similarities end; rather I would say comparing GRRM to Frank Herbert is more realistic. Dune is essentially A Song of Ice and Fire only in space.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

joke_explainer posted:

no he's the son of lyssa stark and rhaegar targaryen

its genre fiction and certainly is really hosed up, I read the first books when I was tiny and followed the series forever... so i will discuss it with you if you want, but be aware we'll have to deal with people jeering and throwing rotten fruit at us and stuff...

yeah the story is that hes their son but if you recall Howland Reed was the only other person besides Ned to see Lyssa in the Tower of Joy and the only other person who knows "the truth." then you look at his daughter, Meerja - who looks nothing like her brother but a lot like Jon Snow and is incidentally the same age. So we might be looking at a Luke/Leia Skywalker thing wherein Ned and Howland take Lysaa's twins as their own - dividing the pair to erase any possibility that the dots are connected by those who would not want to see the twins live.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Dune is another series where you should only read the first book

Eh I would go with the first 3 books - it gets very weird after Children I'll give you that.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

joke_explainer posted:

that seems highly possibly right

it's meera not meerja though. they were born in the same year and howland reed had been campaigning during robert's rebellion since 282 after the tourney at harrenhall, it seems unlikely he made it back to greywater watch in order to actually be possibly a parent again. a lot of the reasons ned is unlikely to be jon's father are the same reasons howland is unlikely to be meera's. and they were both born in 283, second year of robert's rebellion.

yeah I just caught that spelling error - not sure why I thought it had that letter... thanks haha

the other component to the twins theory is that the High Sparrow is in fact Howland who is determined to figure out wtf happened at King's Landing http://fantheory.net/howland-reed-is-the-high-sparrowhigh-septon-game-of-thrones/ very interesting stuff

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

joke_explainer posted:

oh, that makes one nagging thing a lot more clear. 'the dragon has three heads'. I knew dany would be one, and jon the other, but the third was still confusing. at first I thought it'd be aegon but it seems really unlikely that he is who they say he is. but if meera and jon are the other two heads, then dany's the third. nice and clean. but yeah I do think jon's going to get brought back to life though probably not with a pulse.

yeah I think that Aegon is a false flag. However the other possibility is his "body guard" is in fact a Targ. I like the Meera theory better though - far more neat and "mind blowing"

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

bog pixie posted:

cant wait for page 25

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
I also think that scenes shown on the web of Jon's funeral will (obviously) involve a funeral pyre - in which we discover the "bastard" doesn't burn: because of who he really is.

This will be the inspiration Melesandre needs to attempt a resurrection, wherein Jon's watch will have in fact "ended" being that he technically "died."

The cast keeps saying he's as dead but curiously do not take it further to say hes not coming back.

Neat and tidy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Luvcow posted:

I'm the throne

It's me: I'm the cup of wine drunk by Tyrion.

You know the one.

Thunder Moose fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 29, 2015

• Locked thread