Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CruJones
Feb 22, 2006

by Lowtax
Hey man. I'm realling liking all the poo poo. There is a gaping hole in your TV album, though, where a song for 'Growing Pains' should go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
sorry guys, this one ended up taking a long time. with all the uproxx stuff yesterday, i got distracted and then i got momentarily lazy. so here ya go, THE STONE COLD MR AUSTIN, as requested by many (got some new SFX!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUt_MtQT2ck

Enophos posted:

This song reminds me of Billy Idol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKmldYSDJaM from the Golden Age of Synth. I mean this as a compliment.

i love billy idol, so thank you!

Hannibal Smith posted:

I don't have anything interesting to say, but I just wanted to chime in and say that your music is fantastic and I've had some of your TV themes stuck in my head multiple times over the past few months.

I sent the Undertaker theme to one of my friends who used to be into wrestling and he was baffled by it but thought it was hilarious so good job!

thank you, buddy, and thanks for sharing my stuff! i'm happy that it was confusing and also happy that it was funny

CruJones posted:

Hey man. I'm realling liking all the poo poo. There is a gaping hole in your TV album, though, where a song for 'Growing Pains' should go.

thank you! maybe someday i'll do some more tv themes! unfortunately, the album has many many many gaping holes :( i can't possibly plug them all!

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

I love all of these but I always return to Brock Lesnar a couple of times in a row.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I admit: I've skipped a few songs just to the part where the get to the ring for the boings and duck calls.

Knowing their desperation to be relevant with the youth, if you go even the slightest bit viral, in eight months WWE is going to have an actual match set with stock sound effects piped-in.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
I went to a WWE show tonight and it took everything I had not to sing "Sasha Banks" at Sasha Banks. I did however yell "HE'S A REAL DOLPH ZIGGLAH!" at Dolph Ziggler. What I'm trying to say is thank you Hot Dad for your gift of song.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Demp posted:

thank you Hot Dad for your gift of song

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
"HE'S A REAL DOLPH ZIGGLAH!" is my new life's mantra.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Craptacular! posted:

I admit: I've skipped a few songs just to the part where the get to the ring for the boings and duck calls.

Knowing their desperation to be relevant with the youth, if you go even the slightest bit viral, in eight months WWE is going to have an actual match set with stock sound effects piped-in.

make sure you check out THE STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUt_MtQT2ck because i added a NEW sound effect. brand new funny noise.

i can't wait for the upcoming days of real boing wrestling!

Demp posted:

I went to a WWE show tonight and it took everything I had not to sing "Sasha Banks" at Sasha Banks. I did however yell "HE'S A REAL DOLPH ZIGGLAH!" at Dolph Ziggler. What I'm trying to say is thank you Hot Dad for your gift of song.

aww, she probably would have liked it and invited you on stage and given you a bunch of money for being cool! (but yeah, you're flattering the heck outta me :3: :3: :3:)

Asterios posted:

"HE'S A REAL DOLPH ZIGGLAH!" is my new life's mantra.

i knew that phrase was gonna be important when it came to me during meditation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sasha Banks and Stardust are my favorites, but no joke every one of these hits a sweet spot I didn't even know was there. Keep following those instincts man good things will come.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
DOLPH ZIGGLER WAS PERPETRATED BY PEOPLE WITHIN OUR GOVERNMENT

#OccupyDolphZiggler

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
I'm loving Mankind, the "totally normal guy"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Ghost Head posted:

Does Mick Foley still wrestle? It was so weird back when he first came around and he wrestled under like 4 different names and pretended they were all different but all anyone gave a poo poo about was Mankind.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

John Dyne posted:

Does Mick Foley still wrestle? It was so weird back when he first came around and he wrestled under like 4 different names and pretended they were all different but all anyone gave a poo poo about was Mankind.

he doesn't wrestle full matches, no. His body is way too hosed up as you might expect. every now and then he comes back and he might do a few moves on a heel to hype the crowd a bit, but that's all. The last time he did anything majorly physical was back in 2008 when Edge smashed him through a table during the build to a big Edge VS Undertaker match.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Christ I looked up a recent picture of him and he looks like Robin Williams in Jumanji when he first comes back out of the game.

I can't believe he wrestled that long in the way he did. That's just bonkers for him.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I keep relistening to the Stardust mix. I can't get over how great the guitar is.

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

John Dyne posted:

Christ I looked up a recent picture of him and he looks like Robin Williams in Jumanji when he first comes back out of the game.

I can't believe he wrestled that long in the way he did. That's just bonkers for him.

He had to get back surgery recently. Based on what he said when he announced the surgery, he is lucky to be able to walk these days.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Congrats on getting double-frontpaged, OP!

Also:

Schwarzwald posted:

I keep relistening to the Stardust mix. I can't get over how great the guitar is.
Your songs make me more interested in wrestling

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
THE SHAWN MICHAELS should go live today, i hope.

and i posted the whole WOMAN TITLES album on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr5Ugbn0h90

duckfarts posted:

Congrats on getting double-frontpaged, OP!

Also:

Your songs make me more interested in wrestling

thank you so much!!!! garbage day let me know yesterday that a post was in store! he's bringing all my little babies back to life and i couldn't be more thrilled. if any of you haven't watched the TV themes, this is a pretty drat good "greatest hits," actually:
http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/tv-theme-songs/1/

and the best part is that i don't even watch wrestling. and i'm being a little affected by them in the same way, too!

mind the walrus posted:

Sasha Banks and Stardust are my favorites, but no joke every one of these hits a sweet spot I didn't even know was there. Keep following those instincts man good things will come.

thank you, buddy! means a ton to hear people say stuff like this.

Blast Fantasto posted:

DOLPH ZIGGLER WAS PERPETRATED BY PEOPLE WITHIN OUR GOVERNMENT

#OccupyDolphZiggler

somebody's gotta say it!

Ghost Head posted:

meh. what else can you say about a guy like that?!?!?!?!

Schwarzwald posted:

thank you!!!!

RaceFat fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 15, 2015

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008
Thank you for revealing John Cena's one weakness to the world: his tiny bladder. I'd love to hear a theme for Triple H about how super cool and tough and clever and perfect he is, or a spooky song about the Bray Wyatt. He's even more normal and boring than the Mankind!

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
back with a hot, sexy slammer for your tuesday. THE SHAWN MICHAELS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdDFs5rlZzE

UntilYouAreSoNude posted:

Thank you for revealing John Cena's one weakness to the world: his tiny bladder. I'd love to hear a theme for Triple H about how super cool and tough and clever and perfect he is, or a spooky song about the Bray Wyatt. He's even more normal and boring than the Mankind!

please don't tell anyone i did it. i can't get sued again. :(
(and i'll put some of those dudes on my list!)

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
hey, can we get some bwoing free mixes of these tracks? it was ok the first time, now it's just kind of a dumb gimmick. Also, there's a wealth of other sound effects you could be using, like kazoo's winding up or the wilhelm scream or balloons popping.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Sizone posted:

hey, can we get some bwoing free mixes of these tracks? it was ok the first time, now it's just kind of a dumb gimmick. Also, there's a wealth of other sound effects you could be using, like kazoo's winding up or the wilhelm scream or balloons popping.

http://hotdad.bandcamp.com/album/wrestle

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Sizone posted:

been adding one or two new sfx per video, dawg! you don't like the ghost shriek things and the tearing in the shawn michaels?!?!?!?!

don't know if i can ever part ways with the boings entirely; a lotta people love 'em and they're kinda like the HBO logo from my tv themes. i'm gonna keep subtly adding new things though. i end up pretty exhausted after writing/recording/mixing the songs and then trying to throw together/sync up the video, so sometimes i take the path of least resistance. i still giggle at them though. i'll include an ultra wacky sound in the next video for you, okay?

and yeah, what duckfarts said. they always go up boing and announcer-free on there (a couple of the early ones include the announcer in the track, but i don't do that anymore).

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
The Shawn Michaels is really good and it's funny that his actual theme song is just as outrageous.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

RaceFat posted:

been adding one or two new sfx per video, dawg! you don't like the ghost shriek things and the tearing in the shawn michaels?!?!?!?!

don't know if i can ever part ways with the boings entirely; a lotta people love 'em and they're kinda like the HBO logo from my tv themes. i'm gonna keep subtly adding new things though. i end up pretty exhausted after writing/recording/mixing the songs and then trying to throw together/sync up the video, so sometimes i take the path of least resistance. i still giggle at them though. i'll include an ultra wacky sound in the next video for you, okay?

and yeah, what duckfarts said. they always go up boing and announcer-free on there (a couple of the early ones include the announcer in the track, but i don't do that anymore).

More bwongs. More. Don't compromise your artistic integrity when it comes to bwongs.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

You should make an extended version of the Stardust theme.

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

RaceFat posted:

back with a hot, sexy slammer for your tuesday. THE SHAWN MICHAELS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdDFs5rlZzE

please don't tell anyone i did it. i can't get sued again. :(
(and i'll put some of those dudes on my list!)

Now that you've made a theme for Shawn Michaels, it's safe for you to listen to his official "Sexy Boy" song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhkVKXMo2ps

Enophos fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 16, 2015

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

RaceFat posted:

and thank you about "are you afraid of the dark?"! that was the first time i ever made a joke song that seemed "too good" to just be for laughs. it was a really strange feeling.

If you released this song in 1986 you would have gone platinum.

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008

Asterios posted:

More bwongs. More. Don't compromise your artistic integrity when it comes to bwongs.

Strongly agreed. The bwoings add a little dash of class to the affair, along with the "OUGH"s.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
i'm gonna make a very special offer for y'all who are still following this thread. i have an unreleased, full length, pro-produced album i made and played almost everything on (other than a few redone bass tracks, i did everything). even though i wrote many of the songs several years ago (and prior to writing all of the tv themes), i'm still very proud of it and i'm excited to get it out there. actually, the whole tv theme project was a way for me to cope with waiting for my friend to finish mixing it. i did drum tracks with him in april 2014 (was the last thing we needed to do) and then it was just waiting since he was super swamped and i felt miserable because i wasn't making anything so boom, tv themes saved me. then it was finished in july 2014, but the cover art wasn't done. i kept going with the tv themes instead, they blew up in january 2015 and i rode those until summerish. and now i'm doing wwe themes and actually trying to wrap up this album and get it released.

i guess i'm hoping that i can divert attention to that project through my comedy and vice versa.

so PM me and i'll send you a private soundcloud link!!!

Ghost Head posted:

The Shawn Michaels is really good and it's funny that his actual theme song is just as outrageous.

thank you!!!!!!

Asterios posted:

thank you for the support! i'm just in such a brain echo chamber when making these that, although my instincts are still working for me, after i finish up, i'm wondering what the h*ck i just made and whether or not it's any good. but yeah, boings are safe!

nooneofconsequence posted:

You should make an extended version of the Stardust theme.

what else can i say about him that wasn't already said?!?!?!?!?!?! (i might actually do this at some point since so many people like that one and it was made when i was so young and innocent and new to this project :3: :3: :3:)

Enophos posted:

If you released this song in 1986 you would have gone platinum.

thanks so much, buddy!

yeah, so my gf heard it and she was like "you should use that song for real" and i said "yeah, i could change the lyrics and use that song for real since it's about 'are you afraid of the dark?'" and she was like "no, i think you could just use it as a real song with the lyrics you already wrote" and then i did some kind of weird face like :stonk:

my true detective theme is also basically 'are you afraid of the dark?' part 2, btw. i basically reused all the same sounds. :)

UntilYouAreSoNude posted:

Strongly agreed. The bwoings add a little dash of class to the affair, along with the "OUGH"s.

bwoings are here to stay!!!!! glad you like 'em since i still do.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Thank you for capturing the raw sex of The Shawn Michaels

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I love The Shawn Michaels. The guitar lick at the end is basically the best thing. Also thank you for continuing to advise us on bladder details.

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008
I only just noticed that bladder size is a running theme, and now I'm even more in love!

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

I looove RaceFat, oh OH oooh.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

HotDad.Club

HotDad.Club

HotDad.Club

espn.go.com

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Blast Fantasto posted:

Thank you for capturing the raw sex of The Shawn Michaels

you're welcome! i've never SEEN sex at that level before!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

I love The Shawn Michaels. The guitar lick at the end is basically the best thing. Also thank you for continuing to advise us on bladder details.

awesome! thank you! yeah, i'm ripping off the shreds vids for that, but they're my favorite and i've got an entire other gimmick (a song) so i think it's okay. and yeah, as you know, bladder size is really important in entertainment!

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

i love THE ARGYLE GARGOYLE oh oh oh, oh oh

here's a thing. "i love websites" was originally conceived for this ad i made for nerdy.fm. i only made a chorus loop, but i liked it so much that i made it into a full song and then made the whole webs ep! i've always wanted to share it with people, so here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fyZW8nPFJ4

timp posted:

HotDad.Club

HotDad.Club

HotDad.Club

espn.go.com

the estimable timp! i forgot about my domain that i actually own (hotdad.club) and i thank you (for real) for reminding me of it! i should have used the .club url in my ad above!!!!!!!!!! would have been easier to say.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
okay, so here's the most aggressive piece of music i've ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!! some of the angry commenters on the uproxx article suggested that my themes were too tame for the ring, so here's a real gut puncher! and added a buncha new SFX (one just for sizone, too)!

THE SETH ROLLINS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtPJlqKA6xs

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
you are a musical chameleon RaceFat

*slidewhistle -----> boing*

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

RaceFat posted:

okay, so here's the most aggressive piece of music i've ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!! some of the angry commenters on the uproxx article suggested that my themes were too tame for the ring, so here's a real gut puncher! and added a buncha new SFX (one just for sizone, too)!

THE SETH ROLLINS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtPJlqKA6xs

This is some real heavy poo poo, like metal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

I want to know EVERYTHING about Raw's new amazing commentary team of HotDad and pitch-shifted HotDad

• Locked thread