Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

lmfao. When Ocelot tells you how to test out the Fulton thing he says to tranq someone so I shot him before he could finish his sentence and he just grabbed his head and shook it for a sec and stood straight upright again.

I did this too and he said something quietly but it was in Japanese so I think nobody ever bothered localizing that line. Fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

What's everyone's favorite tiny detail. Mine is when you look at lights or the sun there's a Light Hitting The Camera Sound Effect.

The sound design while sneaking is amazing. All the ominous tones when soldiers get close or lights touch you.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

I wonder how many of these people who scored it under 90 are just bad at the game or tried to shooter their way through everything. Also how do you review something you have finished. Edit meant to say haven't finished

I have mostly shootered my way through everything and its fantastic. The game is equally fun as a shooter or as a totally silent, no-contact sneak game. I prefer to sneak in and C4 comms equipment/anti air radars/vehicles if i can't fulton them without being detected etc. Then once I find whatever the objective is I blow up all the C4 and call in a chopper right on the enemies doorstep and fly out guns blazing. It's loving badass.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

It's badass that Kojima decided to make the most cinematic game of all time without even having that many cutscenes in it.

I feel like I'm playing a Bond movie or something with how I creep around

• Locked thread