Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Beeftweeter posted:

hulu is loving piss poo poo loving trash garbage from a butt
if nbc is involved in it, u know its godawful garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
"from the network that brought you 'outsourced'!"

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Space-Pope posted:

"from the network that brought you 'outsourced'!"

i loved the outdoor "street" scenes in that terrible show because it made mumbai look like loving tokyo in terms of cleanliness

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
please nbc please just make a comedy that isnt weirdly racist, and isnt about a bunch of white people trying to make it in the big city

i know this sounds hard to do. but here's a protip: u might have to look outside the pile of dead drug addicts and miserable failures that you call "snl alumni"

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

any film before 1925 should work flawlessly.

quotin this bitch slap

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Space-Pope posted:

please nbc please just make a comedy that isnt weirdly racist, and isnt about a bunch of white people trying to make it in the big city

i know this sounds hard to do. but here's a protip: u might have to look outside the pile of dead drug addicts and miserable failures that you call "snl alumni"

yeah, they could even set it somewhere wacky like a community college

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

any film before 1925 should work flawlessly.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

BooLoo posted:

swedish netflix rules, you're missing out.

great now I want some swedish netfish

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

echinopsis posted:

can you clear up just how hbo now will increase AAPL ?? there is no way you're telling people to do this so thy can get higher quality entertainment or more of a bargain etc

hbo makes the best shows and netflix is bad

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

wet hot american summer series was good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1 weird thing about Netflix, is that shows that didnt air on BBC America get branded as Netflix Originals, but ones that did get branded as regular BBCA shows.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Stereotype posted:

I really like Netflix, Brojack Horseman Season Two was very good and I enjoyed it a lot. They really made great use of the internet to create a monetized content delivery system that isn't stupid bullshit like Hulu.

nice choice bojack is sooo loving good!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cremnob posted:

hbo makes the best shows and netflix is bad

tip: the power of piracy allows you to experience the best of both worlds PLUS more money in your pocket at the end of each month! you dont have to "pledge allegience" to any one service either ;)

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

echinopsis posted:

tip: the power of piracy allows you to experience the best of both worlds PLUS more money in your pocket at the end of each month! you dont have to "pledge allegience" to any one service either ;)
hell yea bro

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Space-Pope posted:

nbc is kabletown now, so gl getting them to make any more good shows

they're going balls deep into multicam laugh track shows trying to be cbs sooooooo

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Stux posted:

wet hot american summer series was loving fantastic.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

indigi posted:

re: HBO - Ballers is good

ballers is like the same thing every episode: will the rock make the good business deal with his street smarts and talking? find out next

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

echinopsis posted:

can you clear up just how hbo now will increase AAPL ?? there is no way you're telling people to do this so thy can get higher quality entertainment or more of a bargain etc

if you subscribe through your apple device they get a cut of the subscription revenue

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

theflyingexecutive posted:

ballers is like the same thing every episode: will the rock make the good business deal with his street smarts and talking? find out next

the overall plot is essentially meaningless and just serves to get the characters into situations to explore male relationships and the emotional and spirital wellbeing of these hulking musclebeasts, which isn't something that's been on television. football players being afraid of death and losing mental function, relationships with their fathers, fearing old age and uselessness, missing the thing you dedicated your entire life to doing and can no longer participate in before you're even middle aged. the episode where The Rock tries to make amends with the guy whose career he ended was pretty great

pram
Jun 10, 2001
never watched any of this poo poo crew

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

when Apple reveals the iTunes video streaming service next week with the entire iTunes library available for a low monthly fee, I will be the first to subscribe.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
hell, same

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

hell, same

that would own

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
if that happened i would be all over it

but tv/movie rights are so much more of a clusterfuck than music rights idk if it would happen

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Cold on a Cob posted:

if that happened i would be all over it

but tv/movie rights are so much more of a clusterfuck than music rights idk if it would happen

maybe thats what theyve been negotiating for the last two years

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Last Chance posted:

i have some minutes from those negotiations

TIM COOK: Please, let us do the streaming thing. It will bring in a lot of revenue for both of us and give your content more exposure.

MEDIA EXECUTIVE: No.

(meeting adjourned)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Last Chance posted:

fair enough. personally, i'm not getting my hopes up b/c rights negotiation is 10x worse in canada and itunes requires a us credit card for us content so vOv

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

TIM COOK: Please, let us do the streaming thing. It will bring in a lot of revenue for both of us and give your content more exposure.

(meeting adjourned)

yea probably :( steve could do it tho i bet

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

(meeting adjourned)

this but the conversation happened in their native reptilian language

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Microsoft did that and the content owners were all about it but then they wanted too much so Microsoft dropped it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Last Chance posted:

yea probably :( steve could do it tho i bet

i heard rumors tim cook used the rotting corpse of steve jobs like a marionette in an effort to fool the savvy media executives but they felt something was wrong towards the end. they couldn't put their finger on what though

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

bbbut stebe was cremated!!
:goonsay:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

it wouldn't work now anyway. by now the corpse has been spinning so fast for so long that it has become unrecognizable

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

wow, two great dead steve jobs jokes. keep em comin, jerry seinfeld

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Beeftweeter posted:

(meeting adjourned)

i fear this is more accurate than any of us want it to be

nothing else explains why getting streaming content is so fiddly. i guess pressing discs is still more profitable.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Last Chance posted:

wow, two great dead steve jobs jokes. keep em comin, jerry seinfeld

what's the deal with the reality distortion field anyway? i heard bill cosby borrowed it from steve jobs a few times. he called it rohypnol

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

gently caress hulu, it's trash

lol if you pay money for hulu+ just lmao

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Stux posted:

wet hot american summer series was good.

i think it's one note and dumb

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

BooLoo posted:

i think it's one note and dumb

mlyp!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
showalter is a fat bitch now