Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

indigi posted:

the overall plot is essentially meaningless and just serves to get the characters into situations to explore male relationships and the emotional and spirital wellbeing of these hulking musclebeasts, which isn't something that's been on television. football players being afraid of death and losing mental function, relationships with their fathers, fearing old age and uselessness, missing the thing you dedicated your entire life to doing and can no longer participate in before you're even middle aged. the episode where The Rock tries to make amends with the guy whose career he ended was pretty great

sounds good im gonna watch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

also FYI the apple streaming bundle isnt coming on sept 9. just the hardware for now, streaming service sometime next year most likely

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Condiv posted:

gently caress hulu, it's trash

lol if you pay money for hulu+ just lmao

my mom is addicted to hulu+

it doesn't even allow more than one simultaneous stream from within the same household/ip address lmao

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

and it costs as much as Netflix and it has a ton of ads, even the loving ad free version will have ads

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
"Netflix is great and Hulu is terrible" is a pretty good summary of the thread.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

and it costs as much as Netflix and it has a ton of ads, even the loving ad free version will have ads

literally like 5 shows have an ad before it starts on hulu and its all dumb poo poo nobody in their right mind would ever watch. agents of shield anyone???

also it costs more because it has more, higher quality content

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
coming to 2016: hulu++, with some exclusive content that even hulu+ doesn't get

(and still ads)

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
realtalk why doesn't Apple just buy up a whole bunch of TV networks since they have more money than God

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
apple doesn't make anything except software and cad files, making their own shows seems too risky

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For what it costs me a month Netflix is alright.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Perplx posted:

apple doesn't make anything except software and cad files, making their own shows seems too risky

they make a lot of .DS_Store files too

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Triglav posted:

they make a lot of .DS_Store files too

.DS_Store files are invisible (the dot preceeding the filename makes them invisible)

you will never run across a DS_Store file unless you're directly looking for them

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

yup, or on windows or whatever

honestly i only remembered because someone had one on their desktop in the desktop thread

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr Dog posted:

realtalk why doesn't Apple just buy up a whole bunch of TV networks since they have more money than God

it cost mucho dinero to operate a tv network. MUCHO

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Why doesnt a consumer electronics company operate a TV network? ?? ?? just wondering.. is all

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Tim cook on the set iof his show, Good Morning America: "Good morning America!!"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Apple is pretty cool. HOw come they dont run a football squad?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
new car caviar four star daydream think ill buy me a footballllll team

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Smythe posted:

Why doesnt a consumer electronics company operate a TV network? ?? ?? just wondering.. is all

GE owned NBC for decades

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Beeftweeter posted:

GE owned NBC for decades

that has a much longer and different reasoning/history though

because they invented the broadcast equipment to DO nbc

it was a technological revolution

that's different than oprah being "I'm gonna make a tv network cuz $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to burn"

VVV and that VVV

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

GE owned NBC for decades

GE imo is more like a samsung with 999999 divisions whereas apple makes consumer electronics

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i read an article about espn hq awhile ago

it was pretty cool. it's like they are the sole reason the random town theyre in exists

they had what looked to my ignorant eyes custom-made satellite dishes to communicate with satellites as they came over the horizon and stuff

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
efb by a better answer from my friend sniep who has an epic garden

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
remember when people thought Apple would buy its own cell towers

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

people still think apple hosts icloud

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
remember that time [blog] said apple would [do thing not in alignment with core business] and it didnt happen?

me too

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Sniep posted:

that has a much longer and different reasoning/history though

because they invented the broadcast equipment to DO nbc

it was a technological revolution

that's different than oprah being "I'm gonna make a tv network cuz $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to burn"

VVV and that VVV

Smythe posted:

GE imo is more like a samsung with 999999 divisions whereas apple makes consumer electronics

both true but so is my post i guess. nbc blows though so its no surprise they dumped it on cumcast

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Smythe posted:

lol why would apple invest in a dying industry like television?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

john stewart and david letterman gonna be on apple tv 1

• Locked thread