Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm gonna play through all the Metal Gear games in order except for Portable Ops. Just finished Metal Gear it was p decent for an eighties game except for the gently caress You Door that doesn't take a key card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

just stop buying pc gamse like a nerd

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

haveblue posted:

the only spoiler that should be posted is the reason quiet is mostly naked which is lol forever

first they took her clothes and she said nothing

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Valeyard posted:

I just realised, MGS V is called phantom pain in reference to the phenomena often experienced by amputees: phantom limb (pain) lol

Ur a genitus

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm gonna make a YouTube of playing through Metal Gear 2 so you can all hear my fat girly voice.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NOT hahahahahaha

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

its actually manly?

Only if I drink two bottles of viina. Got asked to do a radio show once but, being a honest man, I told them by Tuesday my voice would be insufferable.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Much

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bump_fn posted:

otoh this is a p great new burn

A filling egg.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

i played a bit of mad max today

seems fine so far, controls are ok, graphics are good

Must be a Bad Game - goons

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm gonna play eternal dankness and Mario sinshine so the twin snake will talk about them except Mario sunshk e because its a rwslll ty bad game.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

everyone get ready to be good friends with that butt
also that hallway scene lol :butt:

yeah

Ur titsing my words. I just dont enjöy Sunshine vOv

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MGS had the Koudelka Dem disc which was :pusheen:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i hid in a bucket so i could infiltrate the ladies' room. oh, kojima

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Finished Metal Gear 2. Now on to The Twin Snakes.

At this rate I'll be playing Phantom Pain in like a week.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Just play the PS1 version.

I don't have it. Also it's obviously the worse version because nerds prefer it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Twin Snakes is fun because they didn't really scale up the size of the areas enough to make up for the fact that shooting in first person makes the game utterly trivial.

Sounds good to me.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm basically eating the soup because I like the spoon here anyway.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Korean Boomhauer posted:

idk if i can play a mgs or any sneakmans game where i cant steal guards for my own base

So peace walker and pantspain?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

haveblue posted:

how did it figure out when your birthday is? don't remember if you have to input that for a playstation account

Uh don't you need to give a birth date for pretty much anything these days?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

For obvious reasons.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

computer parts posted:

the single player third person game they had was neat

If that was Warhammer 40000 Space Marine then I bought it for 3€ the day I bought a PS3 and it's not bad vOv

(One day I'll beat Space Hulk)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

why did sniper wolf shoot meryl right in the pussy?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

so i started far cry 4 on ps4 last night since i bought it on sale a while back

holy poo poo how do people play shooters with gamepads, it's the absolute loving worst. i mean i knew it was bad but i figured it would be at least playable. loving hell

very carefully

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

but hey if ur skill level isn't high enough to shoot dudes with a gamepad i understand. it's not for nuubs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

welp mad max just deleted my save after 36+ hours in the game so cool

the game has one of the worst save systems I've ever seen so that's nice

just one save slut?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

mad max has a single autosave slot that you choose, it's really stupid. i launched the game and clicked A because that should have resumed, but instead it had autoselected new game, and I wasn't paying attention and hit A again and it deleted everything

there's no warning, there's no fallback. you pick a single autosave slot and that is it. it's really lovely

ah, user error

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

I think Kojima might have problems with women

i just got the poster licking and masturbation trophies in MGS2 woo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

also im enjoying this game

fatman

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

all i remember about mgs2 is 'la lei lou lei lo' or some poo poo

lol

also MGS2 so far is good. really loving stupid but good.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

also loving lol the new rock band guitar/drum/mic pack is 300€

they sold those loving drums for 20€ when the plasic instrument market crashed less than five years ago

it's still the funnest video game if you have mates over. dunno if it's 300€ fun. maybe 150€ which is what it's going to cost in six months? (i mean i'm not going to buy any more rock band poo poo but)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

they gonna patch that?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

vroom vroom race car games are bad

how so

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

theyre too busy wanking themselves on good graphics and realistic car physics to actually make themselves fun to play

there have been like half a dozen racing games in the history of racing games that tried to do realistic car physics and none of them have had particularly good graphics.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

yeah i miss the 90s

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CMGSS: Finally got through MGS2 and took a sneak peek at 3: FINALLY I can control the camera. Shooting controls are still retarded of course.

It was nice of them to reveal a big plot twist right on the (HD Collection) title screen.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I forgot to press R1 to look at Eva's tits I should probably restart huh?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i just ran through the base in virtuous mission and the return to the base that was in virtuous mission in MGS3 shooting people left and right because i'm bored of sneaking and it didn't penalize me in any way. i'm hoping to employ the same tactic throughout the game, also stabbing gavials.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

You get new camos that have special effects for doing the bosses non-lethally, but even then you can do it by running around and tranq shooting them if you want to. The only penalty for getting seen is you don't unlock... infinite ammo, I think?

I tranqed or beat up every boss in MGS2 I think so vOv And infinite ammo only comes into play once you beat the game and start again, right? So that won't benefit me in any way for a long long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PleasureKevin posted:

oh yeah the manual i read with every game i download... :suicide:

i looked up the manual (via the whatever the xbox button is called on the ps3... the ps button?) exactly because i was told to and played the game without a hitch just wanted to let you know :smugmrgw:

• Locked thread