Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
yeah I bought a heavily discounted copy of new vegas a long time ago ($10) and it was literally just a CD key with a steam installer on the disc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

finished mgs3 over the weekend, realized that the lady who plays the news reporter on family guy is the boss, immersion ruined, etc.

I ganked the end early to skip the fight, although I didn't realize that if you use thermal goggles you can see his footprints maybe next time ill do that because the tranq mosin is op as gently caress

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

Awia posted:

if you put the konami code in on the map it literally just tells you where he is

i made sure to make snake barf to get out of prison either that one or talking to the guard about his personal life

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

current peacewalker hd status

oh neat automatic saves
you can pick either mpo or mgs4 controls thats nice
lol qtes in cutscenes it's actually a nice touch though i like the comic style too

angry_keebler posted:

fyi that's what you're supposed to do to every single enemy in the next 6 games except in boss fights where you're forced to shoot

yeah the second volgin fight is literally

* snipe him in the head and reduce him to 1/2 health
* spend the rest of the fight using up the AA guns and machine guns to gradually reduce the rest of his life

you can RPG the tank treads again if you get tired of him shooting at you while you wait for eva to distract him. also its way easier to use the lmg to shoot down the missiles than trying to dodge them

Tatsujin fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 14, 2015

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

hmm, i don't remember that part. i just remember that it annoyed me.

on ng+ you don't get free health after each one and let me tell ya i had the same issue until i remembered the game gives you not one but two full life potions!

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

Liver Disaster posted:

id pay for mg1/2 remakes in the fox engine, dont even need to expand things they would be stupidly easy but way more fun than they are now

yeah this and a boss/cobra unit WWII prequel would have been nice o well :smith:

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

it could end after wwii is over and the boss has to kill the sorrow or something cmon think and dont drag out the same tired gimmick

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

shovel knight dlc is pretty fun almost done with it

man some people are really butthurt over how much acclaim undertale is getting

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

aw christopher meloni is in the new codblops good for him i guess

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

the famicom version of the zapper was literally called gun and was a realistic looking toy revolver with a light sensor

lol konami made lightguns for the snes/genesis that were called justifiers (wtf lol) and you could plug the second gun into the first one via RJ-11

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

mgs3 was kojima being forced to make a good game after critical reception to mgs2

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

yeah one thing that sucked about new vegas was literally that although the game had four 'major' endings, they all werent that great because it was choosing between the three lovely factions or telling them all to gently caress off.

i really liked honest hearts tho it was a good dlc. old world blues was ok, james urbaniak basically played dr venture and it was fun

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

Space-Pope posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/307670/

anyone tried this out? looks like x-com but with fantasy wild west stuff

oh its basically unlicensed deadlands, that actually sounds kind of rad

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

like past console generations, sony wins by loving up the least. at least they didn't gently caress up on launch this time, who knows they might not even need to do a hardware refresh this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

the fact that platinum managed to pretty much entirely redo all of revengeance in a year is amazing

not really, platinum makes the same game everytime, the exception is you're either a cyborg, a shapeshifting witch, or an autobot. they've pretty much got it down to a science now, not that im complaining because platinum games is quality.

• Locked thread