Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cyberbird posted:

kojima is, game is not.

as evidenced by revengeance being the best metal gear game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Awia posted:

phone posting supremacy

phone posting has autocorrect, you have to put real effort into typing that badly

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Panty Saluter posted:

all im doing is raising the enemies levels and not have anything to counter

p. sure soul levels don't work like that and enemy strength is by area alone

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blackula69 posted:

nobody cares, why can't you all just accept the status quo because it's perfectly fine. now let me shove this female torso into some gears to open a door

the best part of god of war 3 is how the camera fearfully pans away from this five minutes after it gleefully zooms in on hercules' face being punched concave

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the resident evil part of that video :ughh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'd buy fury road on blu-ray over the game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Squeezy Farm posted:

*sees a bunch of Yosposters ordering a licensed game from a stolen cd key site*

who flipped this image, it really bothers me

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

mgsv was supposed to finally explain how BB ended up the villian in MG1, right?

not officially but everyone expects this now, especially with the base invasion mechanic

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the only spoiler that should be posted is the reason quiet is mostly naked which is lol forever

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I played a video game, and I liked it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
this video is great

want a mean tweets gaming edition

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
eternal darkness is a good game

e: had a bad experience with ground zeroes so wasn't going to get V immediately but with the way everyone's fellating it I may have to

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 1, 2015

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Liver Disaster posted:

i thought there was supposed to be a 20gb install after you started but if there was i never saw it, the game gets you in just as fast as it can
kojima's name is there after every single mission so far #blessed

how long the install takes is variable, if you were lucky it took you longer to beat the initial content than the install time remaining so the rest of the game is there before you need it

early current-gen games were really bad at this, more than a few would have a load screen suddenly pop up without warning when you got too far ahead. like you're walking down a random nondescript hallway and bam, load screen

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
then yes you played with the new camera, the original mgs3 had the same fixed/rails camera that 1 and 2 did

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ayn rand hand job posted:

revengeance: raiden's quest for justice up until the point that he realizes that he really just likes killing people and that jack is back

also nanomachines

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blackula69 posted:

i got a sniper rifle before i left for work this am so idk what that's for yet

...shooting people a really long way off?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
bought fury road on blu-ray, by the time I get tired of that and TTK the game should be discounted

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
maybe if we tell him to get aids even harder he'll stop making fun of us on national television

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
that's weird, all ipads should be able to run all iphone apps

unless konami wrote it to disable itself on non-mini ipads which would be stupid

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
how did it figure out when your birthday is? don't remember if you have to input that for a playstation account

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
stand on zanzibar land

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
gonna get the collection since the ps3 is in a box, haven't played 2 and 3 in years, and haven't played 1 since it came out eight years ago

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
tangentially related to games: the speakers in my 5.1 systems are dying and amazon has thousands and no idea what to look for or avoid beyond basic size and bare wire connectors. advice?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
words deeds etc

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'd like mgsv more if the shakeycam didn't make me want to barf :/

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
hey did we ever figure out whether the human head transplant guy was an mgsv marketing stunt or not

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lightbulb Out posted:

go to the camera options and turn shakey cam off

I did, it still shakes when a cinematic takes control of it

I got as far as hiding under a bed in the hospital and watching some guy get shot before I had to turn it off

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
you could buy a last gen console and a copy of the original game with instruments for a fraction of that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
went back to kerbs after saying I'd wait for the 1.1/remotetech update

got a ship into moho orbit and a lander down to the surface, but on the way up it ran out of gas so the pilot bailed out and took the science with him. he made it to orbit but then he too ran out of gas while on the way back to the ship. just spent the last 20 minutes try to bump the ship's hatch into him so he can get a grab prompt when I switch over, but the ship doesn't have rcs so all I have is the main engine and torque

I don't have the time or patience I used to so I'm going to cheat him a few extra drops of rcs and pretend he discovered an emergency backup tank

then he gets to sit in solar orbit for a couple of years because there isn't enough fuel left to get home from moho anyway

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
agreed, the only good racing games either have guns on the cars or hovercrafts going at 500mph

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kuvo posted:

counterpoint: burnout 2

touche

but that's more of a crashing game than a racing game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
not true, gunsmith bounties start tomorrow, the campaign can be replayed for extra rewards to try out the quest system, there's a good chance of some public event no one's discovered yet

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yes, although you'll need both earlier expansions too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Panty Saluter posted:

i don't have a problem with wanting naked women in your game. just be honest and own your creepiness. "there are naked women in this game because i like naked women"

ah, the itagaki school of game design

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
only play silent hill 2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
having a prisoner re-capture himself as a penalty for taking too long is pure bullshit though. also the checkpointing is supposedly terrible in all missions

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
nolanbot sounds like a less assholish 343gs

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
how many bitcoins

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bump_fn posted: