Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

anyone still buying physical media deserves what they get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

wow yeah cant wait to get a bunch of boring rear end Mario levels except now they're made by autistic people

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
physical media is dumb as hell and would take longer to get than a preload.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

they must have really bad internet in winnipeg

do they even have internet at all?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

does it matter what difficulty youre on when you go for kanai's cube?

no you could do it at level 1, but pretty much every recipe requires mats you get thru doing bounties. so now its worthwhile to do the bonus bounty rotation for each game.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I don't know if they boosted xp gain, but I think they might have lowered monster hp which obv makes the higher xp gain at higher difficulties easier to obtain.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
2.3/s4 has a bunch of good changes its pretty nice.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I think its more that the internet makes these people more visible

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

yeah it's crazy how that completely stopped and we don't do it anymore

hot

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its definitely an animation mistake but lol it owns

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hubris.height posted:

anita is an attractive woman co-opting unattractive women's culture, and i find that morally reprehensible.

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

$36 on gmg

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i've heard cdkeys.com has sold stolen keys in the past or something but idk if theres any truth to it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I have this headset and I like it:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B003VANOFY/

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

en-ca? seriously?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
did shadows of mordor have a review embargo?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
pre rendered for consoles

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

nonsensical baps bother me

no such thing

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
all of the mad max movies are on steam

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
mad max is pretty fun so far. I think if it had come out w/ the movie the reviews would probably be better.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

WBIE released a "beta patch" for Arkham Knight PC today

What a shitshow

it sounds like it was a beta steam patch that they didn't mean to be made public

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

i'm pretty sure they announced this beta patch well in advance. still a shitshow but i don't think it was a mistake

the patch they announced for august (lol) was billed as quick fix for some basic issues like more graphics options and stuff. this beta patch you had to opt into on steam and its already been pulled. I dont think it was intended to be released that way.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

mad max is fun and definitely deserved an 8/10 imo, derivative or not

it's not as good as shadow of mordor (which is pretty much 10/10 imo) but it's pretty solid and fun

the two things in shadow of mordor that tip it over into own zone are the nemesis system and avenging your steam friends.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

just buy a wired 360 controller tbqh

no get a wireless one

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also the dual shock is the worst controller line. they're terrible all over

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

getting my wireless controller working on windows 8 was a pita

if its a 360 controller you just plug it in and it works. atleast that was my experience in win7 and now win10

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that's weird. are you sure its a real one?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the gastown race in mad max is unplayable. the vehicle handling is so bad and you bounce off every half inch bump in the road and get spun out.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

yup! it's the worst part of the game. Do what you need to do in order to upgrade the Thunderpoon all the way, and get a bunch of boost. When the race starts, avoid everybody and hit all your boosts just to get in front of the guy. the AI will bug out a bit and he'll slow down, it's a lot easier if he's behind you

yeah I had everything upgraded it just sucked balls. I did it by just getting lucky with avoiding the little guys and then hanging on the big dudes rear end. it was so dumb.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah that one sucked too, but atleast you could just thunderpoon the other cars pretty quick and race unopposed

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i went thru some of the other missions and max is just so goddamned lame. i guess they're trying to point out how dumb anti-heroes are but i think it would carry more weight if you actually made the choices yourself instead of yelling at max to stop being a dick each time he fucks up

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

it's hosed up how the story uses the whole 'woman and child die to motivate max' thing so then he avenges them and then he throws away the memento from the little girl

like i get it. he's a hero in a lovely world so actually he's not really a hero at all just the least-bad, but gently caress man, that's just cold

nothing max the character does relates to what max the player does. like he spends all game fixing up the wasteland and clearing out the baddies but when the redhead babe wants to bone down, he leaves her cause....idk??? i mean goddamned at least take her to jeets or the boat dude's place cause that poo poo is all safe now

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nothing was learned from the writing in the movie.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

hey, here's an idea: does somebody wanna give me their Mad Max save? I had just completed the big race and I had cleared all of the bottom half of the map and the area around deep Friah's place, including turning the valves back on. anyone around that point? shaggar?

my saves way past that, but I can poke around when I get home and see if it keeps older versions or something. but really you aren't missing much and the story just gets dumb.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
arkham knight runs way better after the patch

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hearthstone is bad and anyone who plays it deserves to be banned

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Panty Saluter posted:

I was one of the lucky ones i guess, i never had much of an issue with arkham knight. Ofc i havent tried it on win10 yet and ive been having semi regular video driver crashes

im running it on win10 and it works fine, but it was crashing at startup cause it couldn't write settings to its folder in my documents. apparently you lose access to ur documents folder after a win 10 upgrade and im guessing it has to do w/ switching from a local account to a Microsoft account. I took ownership on the folder and removed the old non-existent users and it worked fine after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Panty Saluter posted:

Huh, weird. Ill bear that in mind.

I kind of dont like how libraries work anymore either. Far as i can tell its one folder per library and meh

so heres the thing about that:
Libraries still exist but they aren't shown by default. you can turn them back on w/ a registry edit.

The replacement folders you see at the top of everything are something totally different and stupid and you can delete them with a registry edit.

• Locked thread