Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nobody-
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran
Ah, gently caress it, I broke down and pre-ordered a Glowforge. Here's a $100 off referral link for some other poor sucker like me: http://glowforge.com/referred/?kid=c1JS0w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nobody-
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran
So has anyone here who ordered a Glowforge received one yet? The only place I've seen actual users discussing them is on Glowforge's forums. I'd be interested in some reviews from less biased sources.

nobody-
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran

Evor 3 posted:

Ordered mine Sept 2015, just got it several days ago. I’ve printed a few things on their Proofgrade hardwood with no problems. It seems to be what they promised. I’d be up for questions on it. It’s my first C&C, my other 3D printer is a Form 2. I also have a NextEngine 3D scanner. Mostly I dink around making Gaming stuff like D&D minis and/or Wargaming terrain with them.

Does it work well with non-proofgrade materials? Is their web-based software intuitive and reliable? Have you experienced any slowdowns or accessibility issues? How about the laser cooling system? Does it work well continuously, or does it have to stop frequently to cool down?

Why are Glowforge owners so drat cagey when it comes to sharing details?

• Locked thread