Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theparag0n
May 5, 2007

INITIATE STANDING FLIRTATION PROTOCOL beep boop
I spent yesterday fighting with my hackerspaces' A2 chinese 'orange' laser (I've upgraded the mainboard to a LAOS board, and use routoutcnc 2.5A stepper driver boards to actually drive the steppers) and have come to the conclusion that the X axis stepper motor is hosed.

Occasionally the X axis will stop moving, and will rapidly judder forward and backward, for seemingly no reason. I've seen this before in 3D printers, when there is a bad connection somewhere along the stepper motor wiring, so I tried switching around the stepper drivers, changing the cables, and have made an entirely new cable to go from the output of the stepper drivers to the plug of the stepper motor itself, so i've replaced the entire wire path except the ones in the motor.

I have a replacement stepper motor and MXL pulley winging its way to me from china, hopefully this will solve the issue. Anyone have any other ideas for what it might be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread