Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

This poo poo is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Aurium posted:

That's pretty cool. I just assumed that there would have been too much airflow around charcoal pieces for them to help enough to be worthwhile.

Depending on what you're filtering, you might even be able to keep using the charcoal afterwards. I know some things like radon can be pulled back off the charcoal just by pumping on it with a vacuum pump for a while, so if you have two filters and a good pump you can use one for filtering while you pump on the other and just keep switching back and forth without ever having to swap the charcoal.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I would hazard a guess that you could use something similar to a bathroom vent adapter to keep rain coming in and whatnot, and ducting to get through insulation and whatnot safely. Wouldn't be surprised if there are some building codes that would specify what you want to do for a generic vent.

• Locked thread