Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:

_Gumby posted:

What does everyone use for their cooling?

At the moment I have a bucket of water and some ice bricks, but I'm looking at some more permanent cooling solution.

Hey Gumby, can you shoot me an email at cadpat-sa[at]etherealnet.ca? I've been looking at buying the same laser cutter you got and wanted to hear more about your experiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
So I continue to read up on laser cutters but still too poor and too much of a baby to buy one from China, however I've noticed that the more popular Chinese 100w lasers such as the G Weike 6090 have all been around since like 2009, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of innovation in the market from overseas.

Even most of the sellers in the States are just taking similar lasers and refurbishing them. Has there been no advances in laser technology in the last 5-10 years? Or is it just that they keep making newer and better lasers and selling them under the same model?

e: Well on further research it would seem like all the ones I was looking at are knock offs of old models such as the G Weike 6090. It would seem like newer models purchased direct from China are much better.

CADPAT fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 30, 2016

• Locked thread