Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Sodium Chloride posted:

Asderaki is doing a good job with the lines. I think it's the first time the US Open men's final is being umpired by a woman.

She's easily one of the best umpires, I think.

This match is probably better than the Wimbledon final so far, the outcome seems somehow slightly less inevitable even though it's an enormous struggle for Federer. Thank god he broke back just now otherwise the atmosphere would have fallen completely flat. He can't give away the third that easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Lol what was that commercial?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Federer has had some critical errors but it feels much cleaner than Wimbledon where he was spraying everywhere

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

The people having to pull the drunk Federer fan back into her seat was hilarious.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

ChaosReaper posted:

The people having to pull the drunk Federer fan back into her seat was hilarious.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.

ChaosReaper posted:

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

3/15 on break points. I'm not exactly surprised, but goddamn that's annoying.

edit: Djokovic's level has definitely dropped, to be fair. We complain about Fed's bad errors but Novak's making his fair share as well at the moment.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

gently caress. This rules and hurts.

e: dat ace

e: :smithicide:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Novak is just unbelievable

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.
Ugh Fed :(

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
"Where does he find the energy" says announcer-man as Djokovic changes rackets and blood packs

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

2 more break points to not convert

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

3/17 unbelievable

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
fed's giving up the initiative on these break points waiting for djok to dump a point but it's not happening

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
Fed playing absurdly conservative on those break points.

gently caress

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.
:sadwave:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

gently caress everything

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

people forget that feds is six years older than djokovic. he'd win in straight sets if he were the same age.

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

triple sulk posted:

people forget that feds is six years older than djokovic. he'd win in straight sets if he were the same age.

Yeah I mean prime Federer is pretty indisputably the best player in the modern era.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

So yea this match is over. Federer had to win in straights or maybe four. I don't think he can win in five.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
Why is he going baseline to baseline with Djokovic? Just go for it Fed

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
phhhffftttt

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Eurosport guy is right: Federer has backed off.

:smith:

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Good night sweet prince.

wretchx
Dec 4, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
More like fatigue setting in. :(

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
fed should have just lost to stan so we would've had a real final to watch

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
time to switch to snf? :(

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

The frustrating thing is that these matches always look kinda winnable for Federer but the big points end up going to Djokovic and the match with them. It's not a complete beatdown, could've gone the other way if Federer played some of the big points better.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Chair ump is the real champ

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

A reminder of Fed's better forehand days

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

That baseline ump is snoozing.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Roger will never convert a break point again

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Feds forehand is a sad sight right now.

E: Jesus gently caress, Novak is so rangey.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Goodnight sweet prince :(

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Djokovic :aaa:

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

RIP

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Inevitable. He's doing well to get himself to major finals and own the #2 spot. :) No shame losing to the best player in the world, especially when you're 34.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I guess it would be fitting for Roger to lose after having break chances.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Its amazing that Djokovic can still get to those balls easily when were 3 and a half hours in. Its like hes been abusing performance enhancing drugs, or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

How many more break points can Roger gently caress up before this is over

• Locked thread