Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mtv-vmas-2015-kanye-west-818595

quote:

Kanye West: "I Have Decided in 2020 to Run for President"

by Natalie Stone 8/30/2015 7:50pm PDT

West made the announcement while accepting the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at the 2015 MTV VMAs.

Taylor Swift presented the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award to Kanye West during Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles — and the rapper announced that he will eventually run for president.

"I have decided in 2020 to run for president," West stunned audiences at the conclusion of his speech.

When West first took the stage, he embraced a long applause from the audience before beginning his speech."Thank you, Taylor, for being so gracious and giving me the award this evening," West said. "I often think back to the first day I met you also," he said with a smile, while Swift and wife Kim Kardashian embraced while looking up at the rapper.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

yeah dawg rally the kids. croudsource the tumblrs or whatever they do now

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I sincerely hope that Kanye West does indeed run for President of the United States of America in 2020.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The only hope to outdo 2016.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

west/west 2020

cornel and kanye sweepin the nation

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

TEAYCHES posted:

west/west 2020

cornel and kanye sweepin the nation

With Allen "War Criminal" West as Secretary of Defense! :downs:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

preemptively hinting a Trump/West 2016 run after with Trump stepping down after one term, genius

Spooky Forum Ghost
Mar 9, 2015
Kanye West is an interesting candidate but I don't know that he'll be able to gain too much traction after the success of Donald Trump's first term.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"President" is now a shiny thing that rich celebrities will want. They see Trump on TV and say "hey I can have that - don't I have as much money as him?",

And Trump is honestly a B-List celebrity. If Jay-Z said he was running for President tomorrow...that's a wrap.

Welcome to New America.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Celebrities are the 1st estate in the nouveau regime. Public policy will be twisted to benefit those with the most twitter followers instead of capital and society will be greater for it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

2020... don't you mean the Year of the Whisper-Quiet Maytag Dishmaster, OP?

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
He's really just angling to be Bernie's VP pick.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'll definitely vote kanye over hillary round three in 2020

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I legit want to vote and have Kanye be president.

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

Just when Bernie was picking up steam...

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

God, I pray for death.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Pres. Sanders will probably be dead by then so I'm all for it.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

my bony fealty posted:

preemptively hinting a Trump/West 2016 run after with Trump stepping down after one term, genius

Yeah that's what I thought, why wait.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
No one man should have all that power.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Would this put the US as first in the field of First Ladies with a sex tape?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Just open the Seventh Seal and be done with it.:toot:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Jumpingmanjim posted:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

That job opening in St. John's, Newfoundland is looking more and more appealing.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

mdemone posted:

That job opening in St. John's, Newfoundland is looking more and more appealing.

If you can't handle a Yeezus presidency you should go ahead and move! Leave the country to the real Americans.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Jumpingmanjim posted:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kanye Was Right, should be president.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI&t=92s

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The fact that he isn't running in 2016 so we can have a Trump/West election shows that we, as Americans, have failed the world.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad of this. 4 years of Trump then 4 years of Kanye

Hail satan

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Kanye's album he would come out with when he was president would probably be loving amazing. Literally no other rapper would be able to one up him.

Also he can appoint Pusha T as secretary of state.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I hope this happens.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp

I've spent years defending this is classrooms and position papers. Literally going "off-script" was the morally right thing to do, since to do otherwise would be to legitimize the ongoing terrible response of the administration to the tragedy.

In his autobiography George Bush cited Kayne's comment and accusations of racism in general post-Katrina as being the worst moment of his presidency, which is just one more crazy thing he said as the president who presided over 9/11.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

He's right and it's disgusting that the Republicans in Louisiana especially under Jindal are screwing the pooch and asking for another hurricane to wipe NO off the face of the earth for good this time.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

quote:

His announcement moved Eugene Craig, a black Republican activist from Maryland, to create a new PAC: Ready for Kanye.

"If Mr. West is to seek the presidency in 2020, and if there is no incumbent Republican president, I would absolutely encourage him to run," said Craig, 24. "I think he will bring an interesting dialogue to our party, and he'll find a lot of people who want that dialogue. He’s pointed out the crippling racial disparities in the law and the economy. He’s talked about the pipeline of private prisons. He's a genuine entrepreneur. Oh, not to mention that his first single was 'Jesus Walks.'"

Craig also runs the Young Minority Republicans Fund, but said his filing was totally separate from his work for Maryland's GOP. He was a fan on a mission. His favorite Kanye album was My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy; his favorite Kanye song was "Never Let You Down." And his favorite cause was introducing the Republican Party to skeptics.

"I think he’s a musical genius," said Craig. "I think it’s unfortunate that one segment of the world was introduced to him by Hurricane Katrina, and one segment of the world introduced him when he took the mic from Taylor Swift."

It's good to know that he'll have a campaign apparatus waiting for him when he runs.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Is Kanye a republican or a dem? Is 2020 gonna be the year where every rich celebrity under the sun runs as an independent now Trump showed anyone with enough private wealth can have a go?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kanye has made two political contributions: 1,000$ to Obama in 2012, and 15,000$ to the DNC in 2014.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
He was also in this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i'm glad celebrities are running for president makes our country look well adjusted imo

• Locked thread