Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kanye Was Right, should be president.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI&t=92s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

quote:

His announcement moved Eugene Craig, a black Republican activist from Maryland, to create a new PAC: Ready for Kanye.

"If Mr. West is to seek the presidency in 2020, and if there is no incumbent Republican president, I would absolutely encourage him to run," said Craig, 24. "I think he will bring an interesting dialogue to our party, and he'll find a lot of people who want that dialogue. He’s pointed out the crippling racial disparities in the law and the economy. He’s talked about the pipeline of private prisons. He's a genuine entrepreneur. Oh, not to mention that his first single was 'Jesus Walks.'"

Craig also runs the Young Minority Republicans Fund, but said his filing was totally separate from his work for Maryland's GOP. He was a fan on a mission. His favorite Kanye album was My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy; his favorite Kanye song was "Never Let You Down." And his favorite cause was introducing the Republican Party to skeptics.

"I think he’s a musical genius," said Craig. "I think it’s unfortunate that one segment of the world was introduced to him by Hurricane Katrina, and one segment of the world introduced him when he took the mic from Taylor Swift."

It's good to know that he'll have a campaign apparatus waiting for him when he runs.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kanye has made two political contributions: 1,000$ to Obama in 2012, and 15,000$ to the DNC in 2014.

• Locked thread